Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 06:44 PM   #1
Kstoudt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Default Verizon 2 voice number 1 blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

Greetings all..
I currently have a voice plan and phone number attached to a cell phone with verizion. Today I received a blackberry 7250 with unlimited data plan and a phone number associated to it. Using that number would cost me .25 cent a call.

I would like to take the number of my cell phone and associate it (transfer) to the blackberry so I don't have to carry the cell phone and the blackberry at the same time, but I don't want to lose the ability to receive my email from my corporate BES server h

I called CS and I had them stumped, and after being transferred 4 times, I just gave up and decided I would get better results here..

Thanks in advance !

Cheers !

Kurt
Old 06-01-2005, 08:06 PM   #2
SDCromer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

You should be able to just call Verizon and have the Blackberry made active on the old phone number - just like if you bought the BB from their website and had it delivered (like I did). I just activated my BB on an old number and all I had to give them was the ESN number from the side of the BB box and make sure both devices were off. Then I powered up the BB and dialed *228 and selected option #1 - been working like a champ. Did you get a Verizon receipt with a phone number on it?
Old 06-01-2005, 08:57 PM   #3
katya
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7250

Are you trying to have two devices active at the same time with the same cell phone number? Last time I asked Verizon to that I was told "no, not possible." That was a few years ago so maybe they've found a way/are willing to do that now. Would love to hear if you do find a solution.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:35 AM   #4
Kstoudt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

SD and Katya
Thanks for your replies. Finally got ahold of a CS at verizon who was able to help me out and knew exactly what I wanted to do. He was took the data plan that was assigned to the phone number on the blackberry and transferred it to my cellphone number and then updated the account to reflect I have the blackberry and that is it. So my cell phone is disabled, and I get both voice and data on the blackberry. In the future if I want to go back to the cell phone only I just need to go the website and do a equipment upgrade, Then the blackberry will be off ie no data and or phone. I can only think of a few very few times when I will only want the cell phone. So long story it worked out in the end..

Thanks

Kurt
Closed Thread