Old 06-12-2007, 12:19 PM   #21
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Someone was looking for siderails.....

Here is a link that has them. I have no idea about the vendor though. Looks like the pricing is better for the trackball assembly.

Side Rails (2 Pack) Chrome for RIM Blackberry 8100 Pearl, BLACKBERRY 8100 PEARL CELL PHONE PARTS GSM CINGULAR

Trackball assembly 34 bucks....

RIM Blackberry Pearl 8100 Navigation Ball Assembly, BLACKBERRY 8100 PEARL CELL PHONE PARTS GSM CINGULAR

If anyone knows this company please provide feedback as I would like to purchase the assembly.

P.S. they also have speakers (Ear and loudspeaker) I know alot of folks are in need of that!

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs

Last edited by Thatzmister2u; 06-12-2007 at 12:20 PM..
Old 06-12-2007, 12:31 PM   #22
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Another nice find! Thanks!
Old 06-13-2007, 12:44 PM   #23
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Bump.

I emailed these guys to see if they sold just the ball (I hate that mine is so dark but the rest works fine.) The guy called me to tell me that they don't sell just the ball, only the full assembly. However, he also told me that they were going to be selling a cleaning kit for the pearl. I asked him if it would get the ball back to it's white color again. He wouldn't really answer but just said it would be coming out soon. Keep an eye out for this soon.
JC - Any update from them on this? There HAS to be a way to get it clean and white again! I was thinking about those Crest whitening strips or Orbit gum! Ha!

Old 06-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #24
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Haven't heard. He told me to just keep checking his website.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:55 PM   #25
PsychoMaiko
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

When purchasing battery doors, plates, housings, etc. keep in mind that Cingular's (now AT&T) black Pearl and T-Mo's (and I believe Rogers fit in with tmo) black Pearl are two different shades of black. I also believe that the chrome sidings for Cingular and T-Mo are slightly different in color too.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:34 AM   #26
John Clark
BBF Moderator

I just ordered this:

RIM Blackberry Pearl 8100 Navigation Ball Assembly, BLACKBERRY 8100 PEARL GSM CELLPHONE PARTS

Can't stand the disgusting dark ball anymore. $42.12 with standard UPS ground shipping. Will post back when I receive it.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:16 AM   #27
ChumsGum
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMobile

yes, side rails!!! any idea how easy it is to assemble together?
Old 06-20-2007, 03:14 PM   #28
DrMoze
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
JC - Any update from them on this? There HAS to be a way to get it clean and white again! I was thinking about those Crest whitening strips or Orbit gum! Ha!
Can't you just use rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush on it? Or maybe another solvent if the alcohol doesn't work?
Old 06-21-2007, 11:20 AM   #29
KidCree

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Default 8800 Replacement pearl surrounding

I dropped my blackberry and the ball and chrome surrounding popped out. The trackball is fine, but on the silver surrounding one of the little clips broke.

Anywhere I can get a replacement. AT&T said I had to buy a new one...of course they did...I just bought it a month ago.

Please help!
;)
Cree
Old 06-21-2007, 11:35 AM   #30
John Clark
BBF Moderator

http://www.cellulardr.com/BB8100NavBall.htm

It's supposedly the whole assembly including the chrome ring. Cost me $42 shipped.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:57 AM   #31
dakotapod

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
RIM Blackberry Pearl 8100 Navigation Ball Assembly, BLACKBERRY 8100 PEARL GSM CELLPHONE PARTS

It's supposedly the whole assembly including the chrome ring. Cost me $42 shipped.

Tried to buy the trackball - Need one pretty bad after dropping phone...

Anyway, $53 to ship that tiny ball to Canada - No Thanks! That's $88 :(

There has to be a better option. I keep searching with poor results.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:10 PM   #32
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Quote:

I received this today. I got the trackball assembly, the inner retaining ring and the chrome outer ring. The trackball looks white and clean, however, the outer chrome ring looks new but has two 'dings' on it at the 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock positions. Not sure where they came from. It didn't happen just in shipping. The chrome is not scraped off just dented.

I contacted the retailer and the first response was, "The trackball usually does not include the chrome ring and we threw it in at no extra charge. Unfortunatly, we do not have any of these left in stock to replace for you." While their website does show "out of stock" the part about not usually including the ring, IMHO, is simply not true. I replied saying that the picture clearly showed the trackball assembly with the chrome ring and that other sites had the chrome ring included as well. They then told me to check back in a few weeks and if they had more in they would send me one no charge.

So, I'd give these guys 4 out of 5 thumbs up. If they don't actually replace the ring for me I may come back here change my rating. The dings could easily go unnoticed so I'm not faulting them too much for that. If they decide not to replace it then that's not to nice
Old 06-29-2007, 06:15 PM   #33
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

JC,

I was going to order the assemble just to get a while ball but as you know they are out of stock at the moment...

The bigger question is did they ever come out with the cleaner to brighten my now almost black pearl???

On another note....has anyone found anything new that will actually make the ball white?? Already tried Alcohol.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:18 PM   #34
John Clark
BBF Moderator

For the cleaning, that was the original site I linked. BBRepairshop.com said they were going to come up with a cleaning alternative. I just checked their site and it seems as if you have to send in your BB to get it cleaned and it's $39.99! Not a good alternative, IMO.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:39 PM   #35
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

I wonder if I acquire a new one if the ball can be coated with something that will not affect functionality but will prevent grime from working into the surface?

Old 06-29-2007, 07:15 PM   #36
stealthx32
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8220
Carrier: T-Mobile

Anyone find a full body for cheap? Replacing everything (yeah, I abuse my phone) would cost just about as much as a new phone.

Last edited by stealthx32; 06-29-2007 at 07:17 PM..
Closed Thread