Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 02:17 PM   #21
twinglock40z
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Well I won't tell anyone how to "steal" anything...but there are a few apps out there that allow you to use your blackberry data from a computer. Such as tetherberry and mobishark...both you have to pay for. But I believe mobishark still lets you have a trial. But like someone else stated you may be subject still to paying charges. Just reseach tetherberry on here. You should find some good information. By the way how you say something is just as important as what you say sometimes.

Ease up on the guy folks he got caught being stupid doesnt mean we all have give him so much grief. He is essentially asking a question people ask on here just about everyday.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #22
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinglock40z View Post
Well I won't tell anyone how to "steal" anything...but there are a few apps out there that allow you to use your blackberry data from a computer. Such as tetherberry and mobishark...both you have to pay for. But I believe mobishark still lets you have a trial. But like someone else stated you may be subject still to paying charges. Just reseach tetherberry on here. You should find some good information. By the way how you say something is just as important as what you say sometimes.

Ease up on the guy folks he got caught being stupid doesnt mean we all have give him so much grief. He is essentially asking a question people ask on here just about everyday.
When you make a post and also put in there "Steal" I see no reason to ease up on someone who willingly want's to steal. I don't know if you have ever had anything stolen from you but it sucks.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #23
twinglock40z
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog46
Quote:

When you make a post and also put in there "Steal" I see no reason to ease up on someone who willingly want's to steal. I don't know if you have ever had anything stolen from you but it sucks.
Yes of course most people have had things stolen from them from one time or another. As much as that sucks...being rude or mean to someone does too. I'm simply saying that someone else called him out on his stupidity and that's all it should have been. But it turned into an ethical issue about stealing. Like I said he's simply wanting information on something that gets asked on here on a daily basis. He just went about it the wrong way. Now if everyone flamed every single member who ascertained about tetherberry then yes he deserves no better treatment. But we don't. Right?

Or for that matter what about the whole leaked software updates everyone is always harping about. You know theoretically that could be considered stealing also.

That all being said I try my best not to judge people. I know I'm not perfect and I don't claim to be. But I do try to be polite to people regardless.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:00 PM   #24
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Perhaps you could explain how installing software that has no cost is stealing?
Old 12-27-2009, 03:21 PM   #25
twinglock40z
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted

Easy...its not yours...just yet. In other words they haven't given it to you or given you access to it yet. Hence the "leaked" terminology. Doesn't matter if its free or not if you take something from someone without their permission its a theft.

But I'm not trying to get into a debate on what constitutes a theft or not. I'm just merely stating the fact that people nutted up over this when either they could have made him see his error and told him how to go about seeking further information or not have said anything.

Please don't take me wrong. I'm not calling anyone who has used leaked software updates thieves. But I'm also not calling anyone who ascertains about tethering software a thief either. Just maybe playing devils advocate in a way.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:23 PM   #26
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Wirelessly posted

Yes of course most people have had things stolen from them from one time or another. As much as that sucks...being rude or mean to someone does too. I'm simply saying that someone else called him out on his stupidity and that's all it should have been. But it turned into an ethical issue about stealing. Like I said he's simply wanting information on something that gets asked on here on a daily basis. He just went about it the wrong way. Now if everyone flamed every single member who ascertained about tetherberry then yes he deserves no better treatment. But we don't. Right?

Or for that matter what about the whole leaked software updates everyone is always harping about. You know theoretically that could be considered stealing also.

That all being said I try my best not to judge people. I know I'm not perfect and I don't claim to be. But I do try to be polite to people regardless.
I provided all of the information he needed in the third post of this thread.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:32 PM   #27
twinglock40z
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted

You sure did dc/dc. Regardless of you felt you supplied him with him with information without the rudeness. Great post.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:33 PM   #28
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

I think it is time to close this discussion since the OP's questions have been responded to, perhaps not as he/she intended however.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Closed Thread