DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS
Carrier: Verizon
Default MyLifeOrganized for Blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

:: My Life Organized ::

I have used this on the Windows side. This may be a viable competitor to RexWireless with the features we have been looking for!
Old 02-13-2010, 05:12 PM   #2
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks for posting this. If they can implement the unlimited hierarchy and task nesting on the BB side as well as the PC side, they may have a convert. Rex really needs to do something with their web app to make it practical to use for many functions, and it looks like MLO has got that covered.

What were your impressions of the program when you were using it in the past?
Old 02-14-2010, 05:28 PM   #3
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm2 View Post
Thanks for posting this. If they can implement the unlimited hierarchy and task nesting on the BB side as well as the PC side, they may have a convert. Rex really needs to do something with their web app to make it practical to use for many functions, and it looks like MLO has got that covered.

What were your impressions of the program when you were using it in the past?
djm2, I loved it! It was mundane back then about 3 years ago but showed promise. The app has some fuzzy logic that actually helps keep you in line based on your priorities and other task settings. Rex has fallen out of my line of apps to use because of the lack of communication about releases, whats new, whats not, etc,. Great company, excellent customer service, but not as forward thinking as they once were IMO.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #4
djm2
BlackBerry Master

I've downloaded the trial version on the PC, and I am quite impressed. I suspect that you might even be able to put together a sync strategy between MLO->Outlook->Rex to get the tasks onto the BB in a decent framework, but that is awfully clumsy.

I too am not terribly happy about the failure by Rex to communicate regarding some of their efforts. Sure, I can appreciate why they don't want to get nailed down on timelines -- who does -- but even when you let them know that you understand the deadlines must be fluid they simply won't even throw you a bone. For one, I would sure love to know the status of the rewrite of the web app.

MLO might very well serve a core need for me, because I do need tasks on both my PC AND my BB. Thanks for turning me on to this; I have signed up for the group to monitor the status of their BB app.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:50 AM   #5
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Well, my initial attempts at a sync strategy from MLO->Outlook->Rex were an epic failure, but I continue to experiment with MLO. I'm really liking it as an enhanced PC task and project program. I'm tempted to sign up for the BB alpha, but I've got too many irons in the fire to be a good participant at this time.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #6
davidA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290
Carrier: Rogers
Default MyLifeOrganized for Blackberry

As a fairly new guy on the block, I was not previously aware that I was supposed to organize my life to suit my Blackberry, And was (mistakenly) under the impression that it was supposed to be the other way around..

Thank you for wisening me up folks!
Old 02-19-2010, 06:44 PM   #7
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Well, my initial attempts at a sync strategy from MLO->Outlook->Rex were an epic failure, but I continue to experiment with MLO. I'm really liking it as an enhanced PC task and project program. I'm tempted to sign up for the BB alpha, but I've got too many irons in the fire to be a good participant at this time.
Hopefully they will give me a shot to get on the testing and I will offer my opinions. Should hear back any day now on the invite. Glad to see you like it. I'm anxiously awaiting to see what has changed since my days with it!
Old 04-13-2010, 02:05 AM   #8
jnyost
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550

I too am trying this. Hopefully it'll prove useful.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:13 AM   #9
jnyost

Anybody getting this to sync with the BB Beta? I must be an idiot because the only way I can get it to work is to export an XML from the desktop for the BB version.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:03 PM   #10
janeenadamsmartin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630

The beta doesn't have synching yet
Old 04-19-2010, 02:59 PM   #11
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyost View Post
Anybody getting this to sync with the BB Beta? I must be an idiot because the only way I can get it to work is to export an XML from the desktop for the BB version.
The BB beta does not sync; rumor has it that the sync mechanism will be to the cloud.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:22 AM   #12
Andrey Tkachuk

Model: 8310
Carrier: MTS

The beta1 did not have sync. We just released beta2 with syncing to MLO Cloud.

I am not sure if forum allows me to post urls. You can find the links to beta2 on our site or our MLO-Blackberry forum.

Andrey Tkachuk
mylifeorganized.net
Old 05-05-2010, 09:11 AM   #13
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Here's a link to the product. OTA and PC download links are there.

BlackBerry todo list software & BlackBerry GTD organizer MLO. Try BlackBerry to do list & task management software. Save your time with BlackBerry planner MLO

Last edited by djm2; 05-05-2010 at 09:12 AM..
Old 05-05-2010, 04:01 PM   #14
jnyost

It'd be nice to see a local sync option. I won't purchase any software that syncs to any server. That's the same reason I won't buy Rex ToDoMatrix. My job is HIPAA dictated and I'm not allowed to use that software. I could use the standalone version, but that's not user friendly by any means.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:25 PM   #15
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Quote:
It'd be nice to see a local sync option. I won't purchase any software that syncs to any server. That's the same reason I won't buy Rex ToDoMatrix. My job is HIPAA dictated and I'm not allowed to use that software. I could use the standalone version, but that's not user friendly by any means.
Totally agree with this.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:39 PM   #16
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
I believe a wired desktop sync is planned.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:54 AM   #17
Andrey Tkachuk

Quote:
Yes we understand that. This is why the local sync is in plans for the next releases.

Andrey.
mylifeorganized.net
Old 07-21-2010, 03:03 PM   #18
Andrey Tkachuk

Quote:
I believe a wired desktop sync is planned.
Yes and we just released it!

Andrey
mylifeorganized.net
Old 07-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #19
Andrey Tkachuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey Tkachuk View Post
Yes we understand that. This is why the local sync is in plans for the next releases.
I am happy to announce that we released MLO-BlackBerry Release Candidate.
It contains USB sync as an alternative to wireless MLO-Cloud sync.
You can find the download links on our MLO-BlackBerry forum or our site ( I still seem cannot post the links here)

You can also request the MLO-Cloud subscription code to evaluate the Cloud Sync. See the details on our forum.

We plan to release the FINAL version soon.

Looking forward to hearing your comments.

Andrey.
mylifeorganized.net
Old 07-21-2010, 03:13 PM   #20
Andrey Tkachuk

Some policies do not allow installing application with USB connection module.
If MLO with USB connection module inside cannot be installed on your device due to this restriction you may want to talk to your administrator.

If you cannot install full version use edition without USB sync (see the download links on the site). You can still use MLO Cloud sync with this edition.

Andrey.
mylifeorganized.net
Closed Thread