Old 04-27-2007, 02:03 PM   #1
milkman671

Model: 7250
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default Google Talk 1.0.9 modules

Please Login to Remove!

Hi everybody,

I am looking for somebody that still has Google Talk version 1.0.9 loaded on a Blackberry 7250 or similar device.

I have not been able to get Google Talk version 1.0.21 to install correctly, I've tried the installation using OTA, desktop manager, javaloader, etc, but the icon on the home screen never shows up. I used to have version 1.0.9 installed and it worked perfectly, but I had to wipe the handheld and lost Google Talk in the process.

Please let me know if you have Google Talk 1.0.9 installed, I would like to get a copy of the modules.

Thanks In Advance
Old 04-29-2007, 03:04 AM   #2
theBorg
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 83/81
PIN: TO
Carrier: AT&T 8310, 8100, 7100

Did you look for the icon under Applications? It will not appear on the home screen.

Also, you might try installing the package that includes talk, mail, maps. Er... I think it includes talk.

Last edited by theBorg; 04-29-2007 at 03:05 AM..
Old 04-29-2007, 07:11 AM   #3
milkman671

Model: 7250
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

I did look under Applications - it says Google Talk 1.0.21 is installed, it says the net_rim_bb_qm_google and net_rim_bb_qm_resource_en modules are installed, but there is no icon to launch the Google Talk application.

The Google Mobile package does not include the Talk app, only Search, Maps, GMail, SMS, and Blogger.

I used to have version 1.0.9 installed on the handheld, it included an icon on the home screen and it worked great. I've read a few other posts from users that have the exact same issue with the missing icon. I've tried installing the app using the OTA loader from the browser on the blackberry, I've tried using the desktop loader through the USB cable, I've also tried using javaloader to install the .cod modules I downloaded from the blackberry.com/googletalk website.

If anybody has a version prior to 1.0.21 installed, please post in this thread, it is very easy to save the application modules from the device.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:21 PM   #4
theBorg
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 83/81
PIN: TO
Carrier: AT&T 8310, 8100, 7100

Just to clarify, by "applications" I meant the Applications screen, not Settings -> Options -> Applications. Many themes have the Applications screen. Maybe yours doesn't.

It does sound like some sort of bug. A wipe and re-install of the OS and all apps may be in order.

Grasping at straws here... Did you try to unhide the application? Applications Screen -> Ctrl Click -> Show All. For icons with an X thru them, Applications Screen -> Ctrl Click -> Unhide.

Good Night & Good luck.

Last edited by theBorg; 04-30-2007 at 12:24 PM..
Closed Thread