Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
This entire situation is a bit odd and makes no general sense to me....

@teride I would continue with the police report you filed and contact the shipper to file a claim.. Someone defrauded you and I would press ahead with charges and investigation regardless of weather or not the item is returned to you... Also the name posted in your original post (before it was edited) is the same as i dealt with and the same shipping address as well

@RevRun If the guy next door used your name and your phone and your address to commit internet fraud then there is a lot you can do. If he signed your name accepting the package then it's a forgery (a felony) also if the package was USPS it mail fraud (another felony)

This entire deal make little to no sense.... I would document everytime he used your phone and keep track of why you did not know he was doing this (ie.. why you did not see the email's to set deal up, trade tracking numbers ect) after you got the device back from him...

I assume the story is correct (even tho my investigate experience makes me raise both eyes when reading it) but if it is not correct then it might be time to bite the bullet, make the deal legit for teride and stop the bleeding before it gets worse...

Sounds like someone is playing a game and with the information we now have it should be real simple to decipher...
I concur I watch deals on another forum I moderate on and something about this just doesnt add up. Too many coincidences
Old 07-10-2007, 06:09 PM   #22
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevRun View Post
onemore thing I don't nor have I ever hand an account on that site.
Is someone using your PC as well???? The IP is also on HF and recently listed a TY for trade.....
Old 07-10-2007, 08:26 PM   #23
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Is someone using your PC as well???? The IP is also on HF and recently listed a TY for trade.....
well if he uses a wireless router and the so called neighbor was stealing his bandwidth that is possible too.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:12 PM   #24
teride

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default hey shipping detail

hey RevRun--
just wondering if you received my message to go ahead and ship my device back via USPD? Haven't heard back yet.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:12 PM   #25
onth
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: G PONG
Carrier: AT&T

Another thing that had been bothering me after reading post 14 yesterday (i have been holding it back to post as I dont want to offend anyone or create chaos if my doubt is not correct) is:

@revrun - if your neighbor is using his shipping address, you should be able to know who that person is right away after teride pmed you the detail info about the fake trader. As the shipping address is just right next to your house. You dont need to wait for LunkHead to speak up about the email that he received on your old phone.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:03 AM   #26
RevRun
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by onth View Post
Another thing that had been bothering me after reading post 14 yesterday (i have been holding it back to post as I dont want to offend anyone or create chaos if my doubt is not correct) is:

@revrun - if your neighbor is using his shipping address, you should be able to know who that person is right away after teride pmed you the detail info about the fake trader. As the shipping address is just right next to your house. You dont need to wait for LunkHead to speak up about the email that he received on your old phone.
Well you should have held your post back sine at that time NO ONE told me the shipping address that it was sent to. The day after lunk posted that message Fedex was next door I guess maybe trying to pick the package back up?
Old 07-11-2007, 01:30 AM   #27
RevRun

Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by teride View Post
hey RevRun--
just wondering if you received my message to go ahead and ship my device back via USPD? Haven't heard back yet.
Yup I got it and you but ill do just as I said I would for you.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:36 AM   #28
RevRun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
well if he uses a wireless router and the so called neighbor was stealing his bandwidth that is possible too.
You know what im not even going to post if I have wireless or not since each time I stand up for my self here someone trys to knock me down. I have done two deals on this site and both went great, so why would I scam someone and if I did scam someone I would not have worked with him off this site and do my best to help him out AND even offer to send his phone back once I got it!!!! If I did scam then hell I would have never posted anything under this thread and kept his phone. Ok so I did stand up again but thats the last time I wll no longer post anything under this thread its dead to me and I wont even read it anymore, eather way you look im the bad guy if he was to never get his phone back the im an evil scammer but even though off this site I have helped him and got his phone back in most people eyes they are still going to think it was me, so as I saidim done with this thread and hell who knows maybe the site im sure most peope wont deal with me after looking at all this blah here...

Thank you and goodnight
Old 07-11-2007, 08:08 AM   #29
teride

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Well you should have held your post back sine at that time NO ONE told me the shipping address that it was sent to. The day after lunk posted that message Fedex was next door I guess maybe trying to pick the package back up?
I did not give RevRun any shipping detail where I shipped the package...
Old 07-11-2007, 03:54 PM   #30
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
You know what im not even going to post if I have wireless or not since each time I stand up for my self here someone trys to knock me down. I have done two deals on this site and both went great, so why would I scam someone and if I did scam someone I would not have worked with him off this site and do my best to help him out AND even offer to send his phone back once I got it!!!! If I did scam then hell I would have never posted anything under this thread and kept his phone. Ok so I did stand up again but thats the last time I wll no longer post anything under this thread its dead to me and I wont even read it anymore, eather way you look im the bad guy if he was to never get his phone back the im an evil scammer but even though off this site I have helped him and got his phone back in most people eyes they are still going to think it was me, so as I saidim done with this thread and hell who knows maybe the site im sure most peope wont deal with me after looking at all this blah here...

Thank you and goodnight
RevRun.... You have to admit there are some very odd circumstances here...

1. Someone using your 8100 sets up a deal from that device using your email address.... The item is shipped to you at your address and you never know about it????.

2. The Ty that was sent to your mailing address and your name ends up for trade on Howard Forums posted by the same IP showing up here???

3. teride and I shipped to the same exact address.... Does that mean you had me send the Nokia to the friends house?? If so why?

4. Look man.... I have been doing investigations for a long, long time... I was undercover in Narcotics for 5 years and worked with the FBI, DEA, and many postal inspectors.... There are more holes in your story than a block of Swiss Cheese.... Just let it be.......

I have more info but will hold it back for now and will wait to see if the Ty is returned as promised.... Apologize, stop the games, and move along.... Scamming people is BAD, very BAD.....

Old 07-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #31
RevRun

Quote:
RevRun.... You have to admit there are some very odd circumstances here...

1. Someone using your 8100 sets up a deal from that device using your email address.... The item is shipped to you at your address and you never know about it????.

2. The Ty that was sent to your mailing address and your name ends up for trade on Howard Forums posted by the same IP showing up here???

3. teride and I shipped to the same exact address.... Does that mean you had me send the Nokia to the friends house?? If so why?

4. Look man.... I have been doing investigations for a long, long time... I was undercover in Narcotics for 5 years and worked with the FBI, DEA, and many postal inspectors.... There are more holes in your story than a block of Swiss Cheese.... Just let it be.......

I have more info but will hold it back for now and will wait to see if the Ty is returned as promised.... Apologize, stop the games, and move along.... Scamming people is BAD, very BAD.....

Right now I dont care who you worked for or work for all I care is that you learn your damn facts! there was NO TyTN EVER shipped to my address and im sure fedex will back me up on that one. So ypu can talk and talk all you want since with me its fuling on def ears.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:51 PM   #32
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Right now I dont care who you worked for or work for all I care is that you learn your damn facts! there was NO TyTN EVER shipped to my address and im sure fedex will back me up on that one. So ypu can talk and talk all you want since with me its fuling on def ears.
and now the anger builds! Lunk I think youve hit this one square on the head buddy.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:53 PM   #33
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Look dude..... Don't press your luck.... All activity on your IP and on USPS, UPS and FedEx and be tracked.... Add to that all correspondence from the 8100 and or 8300 on your account is logged and kept.... Emails are date and time stamped with the IP they were sent from.....

Just let it go and send the person their Ty back..... Don't push the issue or you will end up on the wrong end.... I know far more than you think I do.... Step one of investigations... Never let other person know what you know... Give them a bone and watch them bite at it..... I have given a few bones here and you bit.....

Let it be, send the Ty back, don't use this forum to scam and all is good....
Old 07-11-2007, 04:57 PM   #34
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Post 10 raised my eyebrow.... Post 12 was me throwing a bone to keep conversation going.... I have known for a few days it was fishy.... The same IP had a Ty for trade listed on HF.... Guess where the trade address was????

I not just fall off back of pumpkin wagon.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
and now the anger builds! Lunk I think youve hit this one square on the head buddy.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:04 PM   #35
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Anyone in agreement that this thread has run it's usefulness at this point?

While law enforcement, USPS Postal Inspectors and others may be engaged, why don't we just close this thread and let this take its course elsewhere.

If you disagree, PM me.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:03 AM   #36
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
.... Guess where the trade address was????

I not just fall off back of pumpkin wagon.....
But he does drive the paddywagon!!
Closed Thread