Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 11:07 PM   #1
morecowbell

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: atnt
Default itunes Video on Bold?!?!?!?!?

Please Login to Remove!

I've searched, but can't seem to get a definitive answer...

I've downloaded movies and TV shows from Itunes...can I easily load them onto the Bold and play them on the Bold much like I would on an iphone?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:29 PM   #2
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

Wirelessly posted (8130 Pearl (Sprint))

No. They are drm protected andwont work....
Old 11-10-2008, 07:50 AM   #3
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

The basic format of iTunes videos is correct for the BB, but like dankarlinski said, copy protection will prevent them from playing. Same with music.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:28 AM   #4
EricScott
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

It's very frustrating. I believe there is software out there like DoubleTwist and TuneBite which are supposed to get around the DRM but haven't gotten either to work yet. DoubleTwist seems like a pretty slick application which is designed to sync w/ your mobile devices. I actually contacted their customer support to request that they build a Bold profile but not sure it will happen / work. TuneBite seems to kind of work but basically it opens up iTunes, plays the video file and re-encodes what is on your screen. So you can't open any other windows or whatever is on the screen will be in the new encoded video. You need to purchase TuneBite to get it to convert to a format that will actually go on the bold which I haven't done yet.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #5
gluck75
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290
Carrier: t

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricScott View Post
It's very frustrating. I believe there is software out there like DoubleTwist and TuneBite which are supposed to get around the DRM but haven't gotten either to work yet. DoubleTwist seems like a pretty slick application which is designed to sync w/ your mobile devices. I actually contacted their customer support to request that they build a Bold profile but not sure it will happen / work. TuneBite seems to kind of work but basically it opens up iTunes, plays the video file and re-encodes what is on your screen. So you can't open any other windows or whatever is on the screen will be in the new encoded video. You need to purchase TuneBite to get it to convert to a format that will actually go on the bold which I haven't done yet.
Keep us posted on this...could be a decent solution...
Old 11-11-2008, 10:08 AM   #6
J
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700

to throw anything from my mac onto my blackberry, I have to imoprt it back onto my mac from somewhere else...and then onto my blackberry.

Like music, from a burned cd, imported to my itunes and then i can bluetooth or wire it to my blackberry media player.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:27 PM   #7
EricScott
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluck75 View Post
Keep us posted on this...could be a decent solution...
Well, bad news....DoubleTwist tech support wrote me back the other day and said that "because of DRM on the video files from iTunes, DoubleTwist can't sync them." Apparently DT only gets around DRM for music files.

So that leaves me with TuneBite. I am pretty reluctant to spend $40 to buy the program, especially since it isn't the most elegant implementation, but I may not have any other options.

Any other suggestions?
Old 01-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #8
341EastOf
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Beware. I tried Doubletwist and found it to be completely worthless. I wasted several hours letting it convert my iTunes protected ACC files to MP3's. Then I had to import them into iTunes, recreate my playlists with the MP3 versions instead of the ACC, and then synced via Blackberry Media Sync.

I thought everything was fine. However, there are glitches/tiny little gaps in the middle of all the songs that I converted using DoubleTwiest. I am mostly pissed that I wasted so much time using this program and equally as pissed that I ever bought Apple DRM crap to begin with.

I don't recommend DoubleTwist and I will personally be going through the manual process of burning to CD and reimporting.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #9
johnnyp500
Thumbs Must Hurt

Any videos from itunes that have a plus sign to the left of them can be played on the bold.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:33 AM   #10
SnapThrow

PIN: 20DD30D7

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyp500
Any videos from itunes that have a plus sign to the left of them can be played on the bold.
Just for clarification, the "+" in itunes tells you the media is drm free. Buy from Amazon from now on ---works well with itunes.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:50 AM   #11
carlsturm

Model: Torch
Carrier: att

for music, convert iTunes format to MP3:

1) Burn iTunes music to a CD (Audio CD - not data CD)
2) open the CD in iTunes and Convert Selection to MP3
3) Connect BOLD to PC via USB port
4) Drag & drop the MP3's from iTunes to your BOLD storage media

Last edited by carlsturm; 01-04-2009 at 10:05 AM..
Old 01-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #12
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsturm View Post

This is the ONLY solution I've ever seen that truly works. All those other programs that claim to remove DRM are trash. You can bet that Apple would tap dance all over them if they really worked. The fact that Apple ignores them is very telling. They're mostly harmless as far as Cupertino is concerned.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:06 PM   #13
btdown
Thumbs Must Hurt

Just stop buying crap from itunes!! Why would you buy stuff from Apple thats locked into 1 platform? Buy it from one of the online stores that dont have DRM, or buy it on CD and rip it using freeware.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #14
EricScott
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well does anyone know of a DRM free site for movie and TV downloads? Haven't found one. That's what I'm really looking for.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:44 PM   #15
SnapThrow

PIN: 20DD30D7

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsturm View Post

The good 'ole analog hole in DRM. Just beware that you are degrading the quality of an already compressed and degraded source. Like making a copy of a copy. Just FYI...
Old 01-19-2009, 09:01 AM   #16
rob762

Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyp500 View Post
OK, I'm looking for + signs, and haven't seen one. I know, it is probably me. What iTunes video has one?
Old 02-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #17
SerenaB

Model: Bold

Did you use the new Mac version of doubleTwist just launched this week? It's great! They've made huge improvements to it and I've been able to sync my iTunes library with my Blackberry with no problem, apart from the DRM issue. The PC version is due out sometime in March I think.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:54 AM   #18
BeerBlack

Model: 7200

Quote:
Well, bad news....DoubleTwist tech support wrote me back the other day and said that "because of DRM on the video files from iTunes, DoubleTwist can't sync them." Apparently DT only gets around DRM for music files.

So that leaves me with TuneBite. I am pretty reluctant to spend $40 to buy the program, especially since it isn't the most elegant implementation, but I may not have any other options.

Any other suggestions?

Hy,
I use this tool, too, but sometimes it keeps telling me playback error when converting files. Do you have any idea? Did ever you have this problem?
Old 05-28-2009, 09:35 AM   #19
EricScott
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBlack View Post
Hy,
I use this tool, too, but sometimes it keeps telling me playback error when converting files. Do you have any idea? Did ever you have this problem?
I gave up on tunebite a long time ago - never purchased it. The demos I tried didn't work consistently at all. Haven't found a good solution but frankly haven't been looking so much. I don't download that much from the iTunes store. Someone pointed me to this site which has a bunch of TV shows already formatted for the BB...I will periodically download some stuff from here - and it's free!

.::[Videos4BlackBerry]::. -
Old 05-29-2009, 07:51 AM   #20
BeerBlack

Model: 7200

I have this Tunebite for some time, beside this error it seems to be a good soft, I really like the quality of the converted files. But regarding this error I will go at its support and ask there.
Closed Thread