Old 11-14-2007, 12:24 PM   #1
portudork

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default IP Address for my new Curve?

Please Login to Remove!

Hey Guys,

New user here, just got my phone yesterday. I was able to search on here how to find my MAC address but I was unable to find out if I had or could even get the IP address for the phone. My work requires an IP be registered to log into some work stuff so it would be most helpful. So I guess my question is do I have an IP address on my curve and if so does it change often and where can I view it?

Many Thanks!
Old 11-14-2007, 12:37 PM   #2
celeb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by portudork View Post
Hey Guys,

New user here, just got my phone yesterday. I was able to search on here how to find my MAC address but I was unable to find out if I had or could even get the IP address for the phone. My work requires an IP be registered to log into some work stuff so it would be most helpful. So I guess my question is do I have an IP address on my curve and if so does it change often and where can I view it?

Many Thanks!
Welcome!

Open the BB Browser and go to Your IP Address is 75.126.205.3. The web server team shall also be able to determine the IP from the logs.

Not sure about the IP release/renew, maybe someone else could chime in?
Old 11-14-2007, 12:41 PM   #3
hrddrv
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: at&t

Just go to WhatIsMyIP.com That should get you your IP.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:05 PM   #4
portudork

Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks, I didn't think it would be that simple like it is on a PC. My only concern is often its renewed but I suppose I will find out soon

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2007, 01:08 PM   #5
celeb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by portudork View Post
Thanks, I didn't think it would be that simple like it is on a PC. My only concern is often its renewed but I suppose I will find out soon

Thanks!
That's the thing... Always assume everything is easy and then go up from there Do post the results of if the IP changes.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:17 PM   #6
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

You can also quickly find your IP address on the Curve if you go to Options > Status. It will show it there, of course as long as the WiFi radio is turned on.
Closed Thread