BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
kingbidder4u

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: previous tmobile/now Zain (unlocked)
Default blackberry 8900 is working perfectly fine except the camera flash remains on!!!

Please Login to Remove!

A little bit of water dripped into my phone and at 1st my scroll button was completely off but its working fine now but the only weird thing is my camera flash light stays on forever (occasionally dimming&brightening). I have tried rebooting it several times to no avail. All other functions on my phone work perfect but this light work go away. Please i need some help because this could put me in alot of trouble people would think i am recording them when actually my light is frozen. What can i do to resolve this issue????
Old 07-01-2010, 05:48 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted

Did you remove the battery and allow sufficient time for the device to dry out immediately when the liquid dripped into it? A hard reset is not going to fix water damage.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:24 AM   #3
kingbidder4u

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: previous tmobile/now Zain (unlocked)

Wirelessly posted

The water amount wasn't that much it was jus a few small dips that entered around the keyboard.This flashlight problem didn't occur instantly it occured about 1 hour or so after. I didn't really believe it needed sufficient time because everything was working. But know the light stays on.(I take out the battery every night and once I put it back in the same problem..any other techniques I should try??
Old 07-02-2010, 06:51 AM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

First, a drop can be more than enough to cause a problem. Second, it is a LIQUID; it will FLOW. Thus, you may not see anyting for a while as the liquid spreads and moves around with the motion of the device. And third, it can take a while to dry, and putting the battery back in while there is still moisture inside can ruin it, if it was not already damaged beyond repair before you removed the battery.

From your description, moisture exposure appears to be the most likely possibility as the cause of your problem. You can look at other possibilities after you have made sure the device is dry, but you must dry it first. Though it may be too late now, see Got Your BlackBerry Wet? - BlackBerryFAQ.

If after you have made sure it is dry and you still have trouble, you could try wiping and reinstalling the OS. There may be possibilities that involve software conflicts that could be dealt with less drastically, but I don't know what they are, or if there are any.

So, see the FAQ article on drying out the blackberry. Do that and then see what you got. Post an update after.

Last edited by aiharkness; 07-02-2010 at 06:53 AM..
Closed Thread