J
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Default bluetooth'ing a song from IMAC to 8300 issues

Please Login to Remove!

Aloha...

I seem to be riunning into a wall here.

I can send pics (have not tried audio files) from my 8300 to my imac, but right now im trying to send a song to my 8300 from my imac (intel) and it just keps scrolling.

My 8300 is discoverable so, i'm not sure what else I can look into doing. Any others experience this sort of thing?
Old 07-07-2008, 07:39 PM   #2
J

now it read for a quick moment only, that the devices does not have the services needed...but returns back to scrolling thereafter.

::shrugs:::
Old 07-08-2008, 01:42 AM   #3
Lex Luthor
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;

Did you set your 8300 to receive via Bluetooth mode? If you haven't done that then give it a shot and see if works. When sending media to your BB from a computer or another cellphone you need to set the BB to receive via bluetooth mode.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:55 AM   #4
J

My 8300 says its discoverable.

I've never tried anything from my imac to my phone...I've only done from my 8300 to my imac.

Not sure what's up....grrrr
Old 07-09-2008, 11:06 AM   #5
fufuplatter

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A

Elaborating on what Lex said:

Sometimes you have to actually set the BB unit to "receive using bluetooth"... I don't know why this is the case, but I guess it could be for security reasons.
Anywho, navigate your way to the folder (on the BB unit) you wish to save the song under, and then hit the options button and select "Receive using Bluetooth". This will put your BB unit on listening mode. You can now send the song from your iMac... Your BB unit will ask you if you want to receive/save the file... and then you're pretty much set (except for the wait...)

Hope this helps.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:58 PM   #6
J

Thanks fufu, that DID help and I apprecite that. I got to that screen with those options and selected them as I went. the transfer has failed though, numerous times. Not sure what else to try but, that WAS a step closer. Any other insight?

Also, anytime I want to throw something via bluetooth TO my 8300 I'll always have to MANUALLY select recieve via bluetooth or will that be sort of defaulted from here on in?

Thanks again!
Old 07-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #7
fufuplatter

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A

I tried messing around with my Curve, and I did run into the same problem with one particular song. However, I was also able to send two other songs without a glitch. I'm not sure what the issue here is. Maybe an issue with the file name (too long, odd characters, etc.), or maybe the file size. I tried to send a 10 mb file that failed...

However, both the 3mb and 4mb files went through fine. Keep on trying mate. Maybe you'll find something. There are lots of issues with music file transfers via Bluetooth, well documented on other forums... Here's a suggestion: if you can, convert the music file to a smaller file (either lower quality or another format) and then try again.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:54 AM   #8
J

Thanks very much fifi, I mean fufu! You've ben very very helpful. I'll keep trying and also give a try shortening the track name and see what that does.

No worries, I'll find some other way to put it on if not via bluetooth. I'm just glad I can send anything to TO my imac seamlessly.

Thanks again.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:14 AM   #9
J

Got it to work from my Imac end.

I don't just click send to 8300 phone but click other and it will bring up the 8300 window and I click that- and it works. That was for an image. Will see if this applies to music as well.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:16 AM   #10
J

ok it works for the transfer of a song as well but thing IS...

it says that the format is not supported and starts playing the next song in line.

I changed the extension of the file from m4p to m4a like my other songs are...still doesnt work but that does make it show up in my media player songlist.

I'm guessing, that I have to burn it to cd, import it to my pc and then use the imported one to throw on my phone....

any insight?