BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
rmckearin

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Bold and T-Mo; Internet access via Mobile Network (not WiFI)

Please Login to Remove!

I am a beginner at this and would like to know if there is any patch that allows an Unlocked Bold to access internet (data) via the T-Mobile mobile Network (not WiFI). If there is no Wifi present and I attempt to access the Browser I receive error message "This is a Wifi service..." The device will not attempt to access mobile network even though I have all BB services active.
Can not modify Browser configuration, only option is "Hotspot Browser". Anybody????
Old 11-04-2008, 12:07 AM   #2
bigrob
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T

Tmo does not support the Bold and you will not have a web browser. You will need to downlaod a separate program like Opera Mini. Did mine today. You can send the link to your phone through a SMS msg, then u will need a wireless connection and with your wifi on, you can get to the link and downlaod the program!

Rob
Old 11-04-2008, 12:23 AM   #3
BryanHarig
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

or you need to trick it into loading generic browser service books. see: HowTo: Get All Features (WAP Browser, MMS) Working on T-Mobile USA with Unlocked Bold - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
Old 11-12-2008, 12:07 AM   #4
rmckearin

Default Thanks works GREAT Now.

Thanks for the help. I followed the service book substitution routine and the Bold with T-Mobile is working great.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:00 AM   #5
megatman92

Model: curve
Carrier: tmobile

can anyone here assist me?i have an unlocked bold and i did the data trick but my aim doesnt work because of service books. can someone plz send me a back up file ewith everything in the crackberry link along with the aim service books. please and thank you
Old 11-12-2008, 09:55 AM   #6
audil

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatman92 View Post
can anyone here assist me?i have an unlocked bold and i did the data trick but my aim doesnt work because of service books. can someone plz send me a back up file ewith everything in the crackberry link along with the aim service books. please and thank you
Follow the link above, and instead of getting the servicebooks from post #65, get them from a later post by the same author, PLTaylor. He has new servicebooks with AIM, which should resolve your problem.
Closed Thread