BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 08:10 PM   #1
caryh

Model: 8220
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default 8220 - Missing email New Message Indicator

Please Login to Remove!

I have a new 8220 flip phone which I migrated to from a 8100 using backup and restore. Since migrating, the New Message Indicators for Yahoo and Comcast mailboxes aren't working. The New Message Indicator for the Messages inbox does operate properly. The Messages/Options/General Options/Display listing is missing the line "Display New Message Indicator:". Any suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks,

Cary
Old 11-20-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
lalifeguards

PIN: N/A

First, try a battery pull. I'm sure you've done that but it always helps to mention it. Next, try resending your servicebooks.

The problem might be because of the method you used to switch devices. I myself did a backup then restore instead of a "switch device". This has caused some problems with the settings because the previous phone had a different OS.

If all else fails, make a backup, wipe handheld, and do a restore using "ADVANCED". Import only essentials files not related to settings such as phone book and call logs. Then resend your service books.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:28 PM   #3
caryh

Default Display New Message Indicator setting requires Display Message Count = Unread

After further testing I determined that the "Display New Message Indicator" setting in Messages/Options/General Options disappears (becomes a No) when "Display Message Count" is set to "None". If you set "Display Message Count" to "Unread", the "Display New Message Indicator" shows up and can be set to "Yes".

Cary
Closed Thread