Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 09:19 PM   #1
Ferguson
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Default Voice mail, missed call indication, message indicator

Please Login to Remove!

OK, I did have one more newbie question (and I did search, maybe ineffectively first...)

I'm frequently in high noise environments, and cannot hear a ring and the 7100t vibrates rather gently so I may miss that....

I see no persistent indication of a missed call or voice mail. The LED will show for messages (though not very reliably) but not missed calls, as best I can tell.

I miss my phone where I could glance at the face periodically and see plainly if there were missed calls or voice mail. Having to go to two different screens (neither of which is a normal default screen) is a pain.

Am I missing an option somewhere? Or using the wrong theme? (I'm using the List one).

While we're at it, what's with the message indicator light. I just did the following test:

- Sent myself message 1 (got light)
- Sent myself message 2 (light still on)
- On outlook deleted message 2 (light still on)
- Waited
- Waited...
- Another message came into my outlook and phone (I didn't read or delete it in Outlook) (light was then off)

I did not notice precisely whether the light went on simultaneous with arrival of this other message, or it went off separately. But at this point (without touching the phone) I had a new, unread message (unread on either phone or outlook) and no message light. The actual message list was perfect, it's the external indication I'm missing at times, and think it is the use of Outlook. It's like it queues up a "he must have seen the messages here, don't show him on the phone" but the timing is such that the phone then misses new messages?
Old 03-01-2005, 12:20 AM   #2
WNO
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO

Hmm. When I miss a call, my phone will show a pop-up message that informs me of the missed call and gives me an option to view (which takes me to the phone menu with the missed call in a different color) or close. FWIW, I'm using the Vodaphone theme, though I wouldn't think that's a factor.

And I agree with you about the unreliability -- or at least unpredicatability -- of the red LED message light. If there's a logical pattern to the flashing or non-flashing, it's beyond me (though that wouldn't be particularly surprising)
Old 03-01-2005, 07:42 AM   #3
Ferguson
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

I do get the view/ignore popup while it is ringing, but as soon as it finishes ringing it goes away. That's with OS 4.0.0.198 and T-Mobile.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:59 PM   #4
pcm2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

That's odd. Recent T-Mobile upgrades gave me a persistent missed call indicator and switched me from the old, SMS-style voice mail notifications to a persistent voice mail indicator. Have you called and asked them about it?

The red LED stops flashing after 15 minutes.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:03 PM   #5
casmer

Model: 9530
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcm2
That's odd. Recent T-Mobile upgrades gave me a persistent missed call indicator and switched me from the old, SMS-style voice mail notifications to a persistent voice mail indicator. Have you called and asked them about it?

The red LED stops flashing after 15 minutes.
what area are you in? I have upgraded my OS, but still get the SMS style voicemail indicator. I would love for that to go away and get a little icon for voicemails.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:39 PM   #6
WNO

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO

Here in Hawaii, the SMS to icon switch took place maybe a week ago. Hasn't exactly changed my life, but I do prefer the icon.
Closed Thread