BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 06:58 PM   #1
exsterminator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default How can I move apps from the main screen?

Please Login to Remove!

I have downloaded several applications which sit on my home screen. Is there some way to move these apps into the actual "Applications" folder that is also on the main screen? I don't mean simply move the order of the apps around the main screen but actually put it into the sub-folder "Applications".

Thanks,
Old 06-03-2008, 07:02 PM   #2
domenic72
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9300
PIN: 23918503
Carrier: Rogers

By default, the first 5 apps on your 'applications' screen will display on the main page. Go into the applications screen a move the icons you want to appear on the main screen.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:11 PM   #3
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)

To move icons, go into the applications folder and highlight the Icon and press Menu>move then drag it where you want. The first five in the list will appear on the Zen theme. You cannot move the application icon or the Profile Icons.

Good Luck!

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 06-03-2008, 09:37 PM   #4
exsterminator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
To move icons, go into the applications folder and highlight the Icon and press Menu>move then drag it where you want. The first five in the list will appear on the Zen theme. You cannot move the application icon or the Profile Icons.

Good Luck!

E-
Thanks for both replies but you both missed the question: I don't want to move the icons around the screen, I want to move them FROM the screen and into the Applications sub-folder. In other words, when I turn on my phone I now have 13 visible applications (obviously excluding the ones I have chosen not to show). I want to put about 5 of these into the Applications folder so my main screen is not so cluttered. How do I do this?
Old 06-03-2008, 09:49 PM   #5
domenic72
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9300
PIN: 23918503
Carrier: Rogers

Sorry about that...what theme are you using? The 'Applications' folder only appears on my ZEN screen with 5 icons. I don't see and 'Applications' folder anywhere else.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:11 PM   #6
FF2
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

On my 8830, I have created folders or subfolders called Games, Mapping and Utilities. Using the move options discussed above, I can highlight an app/icon and drag it into one of those folders. You can create folders (8830, anyway) by again pressing the OPTION/menu key and create folders is an option. Give it a name and color.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:22 AM   #7
exsterminator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic72 View Post
Sorry about that...what theme are you using? The 'Applications' folder only appears on my ZEN screen with 5 icons. I don't see and 'Applications' folder anywhere else.
I have the AT&T theme that the phone came with as standard. It is actually the theme (of the 4 presets I have to choose from) the one I like the most. There is an icon on the screen called "Applications" which takes you to calculator, memo, password keeper, search etc. I want to move the icons into this folder.

How do you drag icons into a folder? I can select an icon and move it arond the screen but all it does is swicth places with other icons - in other words, I cannot move it into a folder, just around it!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 09:23 AM   #8
exsterminator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
On my 8830, I have created folders or subfolders called Games, Mapping and Utilities. Using the move options discussed above, I can highlight an app/icon and drag it into one of those folders. You can create folders (8830, anyway) by again pressing the OPTION/menu key and create folders is an option. Give it a name and color.

When I press the option key, my choices are move app/hide app/show all, switch app. Move app only lets me move the icon around the screen (see above post) so I can't actually select it and drag it into the Apps folder on the screen.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:55 AM   #9
FF2
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: verizon

I don't know the 8800 so I don't know what is possible. But a question to help clarify things: You do have a FOLDER looking icon? If you highlight that folder and press the trackball, you are inside the folder and there are different applications in there?

I know on my 8830, sometimes, when I try dragging an icon into one of my folders, it MISSES and just moves the icon into a spot between the folder and another icon. I have to sometimes move the icon up/left/right etc until it actually will be dragged to where it shows a "ghost of itself over the folder." I know the 8800 is slightly different but don't know if that's the issue.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:42 PM   #10
RoC1909
Thumbs Must Hurt

The individual has a "application" folder on his desktop and wants to move other application icons INTO the "application" folder. Also, this folder only shows with certain themes and not all so that's most likely the reason why others do not see the folder.

I have tried this before and I really don't see a way to do it. As mentioned, when I try to move a icon, it just moves the icon "around" the folder and not into the folder. Unless there is some "backdoor method" again, I don't see a way.

Sorry.

RoC
Old 06-05-2008, 03:46 PM   #11
exsterminator
Thumbs Must Hurt

I ended up changing to using a zen theme that I got from a member here and like it, which kind of makes the original post redundant now. Thanks to all who replied
Old 07-07-2008, 11:39 PM   #12
Doctor Neutron
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon
Default Zen Theme User

So...bottom line...Does your theme have an "Applications" icon, one that has the same functionality as one of the four primary BB keys ?
Closed Thread