Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 11:34 AM   #1
shan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290
Default Newbie, need help with JDE

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I am newbie to Blackberry. I have installed blackberry JDE. When I build the sample code in the JDE, gives I/O Error while building.

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.1.0\bin\rapc.exe -quiet import=..\lib\net_rim_api.jar codename=com\rim\samples\device\helloworld\com_rim _helloworld com\rim\samples\device\helloworld\com_rim_hellowor ld.rapc warnkey=0x52424200;0x52525400;0x52435200;0x5243430 0 "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.1.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\resource\Hell oWorldRes.rrh" "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.1.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\helloworld\He lloWorld.java" "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.1.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\helloworld\im g\helloworld_jde.png" "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.1.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\helloworld\im g\helloworld_jde_bw.gif"
I/O Error: CreateProcess: javac -source 1.3 -target 1.1 -g -O -d C:\DOCUME~1\a624664\LOCALS~1\Temp\rapc_38c91a8f.di r -bootclasspath ..\lib\net_rim_api.jar -classpath ..\lib\net_rim_api.jar "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.1.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\helloworld\He lloWorld.java" "C:\Documents and Settings\a624664\Local Settings\Temp\rapc_rc_13002.dir\.staging\com\rim\s amples\device\resource\HelloWorldResResource.java" error=2
Error while building project

Let me know how to get rid of this I/O Error.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-23-2005, 02:04 PM   #2
sugarat

Model: 7280
Default resource files

Not sure...

Do you have the proper resource files defined?

HelloWorldRes.rrh
HelloWorldRes.rrc

E
Old 11-23-2005, 05:06 PM   #3
JuneK

Model: none
Carrier: none

Is the java bin directory in the path?
Old 11-24-2005, 04:48 AM   #4
lharts

Model: 7230

do you have all relevant projects activated? to me it seems that you are testing out some of the sample applications that come with the JDE. if this is the case be warned that you also need to have the resource projects active if the project (myProject) your trying to run extends myProjectResource. This means that the project supports localisation and therefore requires a number of rrh and rrc files.

Other possible causes for your problem could be as follows.
1) do you have java 1.5 installed? JDE3.7 will work with Java1.4 but from V4.x 1.5 is a requirement.

2) the correct directory structure. all projects have package declarations and if these dont match the directory structure then you will get an error.

my advise to you, would be to active all projects and try to run. if this fails then i would locate the Manual for JDE3.2 (first manual) you will get it on www.blackberry.com/developer and follow the steps in this to create the helloworld project (first without localisation). Then follow the steps to adding localisation if you want.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:01 PM   #5
shan

Default Another Problem

I have found the solution.

Now I have a different problem. I can compile my code. The project is build. when I goto "Debug" and click on "go". The simulator starts up.The .cod files of the project is in the simulator folder.

But the simulator doesn't react to the new application I have added.
Do I need to do any configuration etc????????????????

How to run the new application in the simulator?

thanks,
Old 12-06-2005, 09:31 AM   #6
simon.hain
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: o2

normally an app opened with the simulator should add a standard-icon (if you didn't make an own) to your simulators mainscreen. you can start the app by clicking on the icon.

gs
simon
Old 12-06-2005, 10:42 AM   #7
lharts

thats quite true, but only if the application hasnt been classed as a 'system app'. right click on the proj->properties adn make sure system module isnt ticked.

if it is ticked then ur application should also automatically be started on startup. that way it should be constantly running. easiest way to check that is to debug using the jde.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:50 PM   #8
shan

Thanks I got the it by using your help.

Next issue:

Can we add ok button to Dialog.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:44 PM   #9
gdjsmith

Model: 7250
Default Help with Same problem

Hello I've just downlowded the JDE 4.1 and the JDK 5 form the Blackberry and Sun site. I am getting the same error when trying to compile the helloword application. The message I get is:

Deleting C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.1.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\blackberry\br owser\com_rim_bb_browserPlugin.cod.
Deleting C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.1.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\blackberry\br owser\com_rim_bb_commonLib.cod.
Deleting C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.1.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\blackberry\op tions\com_rim_bb_optionsproviderdemo.cod.
Deleting C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.1.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\httpfilterdem o\com_rim_httpfilterdemo.cod.
Deleting C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.1.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\helloworld\co m_rim_helloworld.cod.
Building BrowserPlugin ...
C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.1.0\bin\rapc.exe -quiet import=..\lib\net_rim_api.jar library=com\rim\samples\device\blackberry\browser\ com_rim_bb_browserPlugin com\rim\samples\device\blackberry\browser\com_rim_ bb_browserPlugin.rapc warnkey=0x52424200;0x52525400;0x52435200;0x5243430 0 "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.1.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\blackberry\br owser\BrowserPlugin.java" "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.1.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\blackberry\br owser\LoaderApp.java"
I/O Error: CreateProcess: javac -source 1.3 -target 1.1 -g -O -d C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\rapc_4e647948.dir -bootclasspath ..\lib\net_rim_api.jar -classpath ..\lib\net_rim_api.jar "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.1.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\blackberry\br owser\BrowserPlugin.java" "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.1.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\blackberry\br owser\LoaderApp.java" error=2
BrowserPlugin - no errors.
Building CommonLib ...
C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.1.0\bin\rapc.exe -quiet import=..\lib\net_rim_api.jar library=com\rim\samples\device\blackberry\browser\ com_rim_bb_commonLib com\rim\samples\device\blackberry\browser\com_rim_ bb_commonLib.rapc warnkey=0x52424200;0x52525400;0x52435200;0x5243430 0 "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.1.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\blackberry\br owser\SecondaryResourceFetchThread.java" "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.1.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\blackberry\br owser\Utilities.java"
[COLOR=DarkRed]I/O Error: CreateProcess:[/COLOR] javac -source 1.3 -target 1.1 -g -O -d C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\rapc_4e647a52.dir -bootclasspath ..\lib\net_rim_api.jar -classpath ..\lib\net_rim_api.jar "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.1.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\blackberry\br owser\SecondaryResourceFetchThread.java" "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.1.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\blackberry\br owser\Utilities.java" error=2
Error while building project

I'll check the other suggestions again but they didn't work the first time.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:07 AM   #10
lharts

you said you have downloaded the lastest version of java from the sun site. to me it looks (at a VERY quick glance) that the JDE is still trying to compile your application using java 1.3 as i understand it, jde4.1 needs java 1.4 as a minimum....

change your default java lib to the newer version of java, and see if it compiles...
Closed Thread