Old 11-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #1
smilejoi

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Globe
Default Problem with installing App World

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I just got my bb and I'm having a really hard time downloading apps.

I downloaded the app world to my phone yesterday but as I was about to complete the 3 part procedure online (of (1)downloading the appworld, (2)connecting your phone and then (3)downloading the latest version), the usb connection between my phone and my computer got disrupted. Now I have an app world application on my phone but it says that it can't connect to the server.

How do I fix this and be able to download apps from app world?

Thank you very much! I appreciate your help!
Old 11-03-2011, 09:42 PM   #2
handxtend

Model: 8520
Carrier: mtn
Default Re: Problem with installing App World

Try deleting the AppWorld by selecting 'delete' from BB menu while on AppWorld icon, restart d phone and this time download directly from the Appworld site using ur BB. U can google d appworld site. (Install d appworld app when connection is most stable to avoid disrupting the installation). I hope this helps.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 12-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #3
whdaffer

Model: 9600
Carrier: verizon

I have a question about the 'download appworld from BB website.' step.

Several months ago my BB (bold 9600, os 6) lost my copy of App world. Looking at the installed applications I could see that it was installed, but I couldn't find it on any screen. Then I tried to download it to my laptop (an MBP running OSX Snow Leopard with Blackbery Desktop installed) and then install it that way, but each time I got some error message which I now don't remember (and it isn't important, for reasons soon to be made clear)

This time Blackberry sent me a note that there was a new version. When I went to the indicated site it gave me 2 options: 1) given them an email address and it would send a link to it and 2) follow another link to a download page. #2 proved a blind alley: the resulting page said that downloading it and installing it via a USB cable was disallowed.

So I tried #1.

However, when the email arrived and I followed the link I arrived at a page that had no obvious place to execute some sort of download. It had a link about checking where appworld is available (I'm in the US, I'm assuming it's available there) and one to change the language I want to use, but nothing that says "download."

so I can't download the app.

So, I'm left with a phone without AppWorld and no way to download it.

Any suggestions?
Old 12-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #4
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

You should be able to download App World directly from here: BlackBerry - Download BlackBerry App World
Old 12-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #5
whdaffer

Model: 9600
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
You should be able to download App World directly from here: ...]
URL removed because the BBS software won't allow a newbie like me to include a URL until I've passed the hurdle of 15 posts.

Thanks, Rambo47.

Alas, this is the very website I was describing in the original posting (the discussion of options #1 and #2). When I try #2 (which I just did, using the link you provided) I get the following message.

Quote:
Downloads via a USB connection are not enabled for this product. Please visit our mobile download site using the browser on your BlackBerry® smartphone.
And when I try #1 and go to the provided link on my BB, I see nothing in the browser window that says 'download' and nothing appears to have been downloaded

So, I've already been down this particular blind alley.

Another development. Looking at my applications using Blackberry Desktop, I see the previous version of AppWorld (v2.1.0.39) which I'd removed in the previous go-round thinking that might help solve the previous problem I was having. So I tried to reinstall that one, but got the following error

Quote:
Blackberry Desktop software failed to validate your Blackberry device update.

Aborting install due to validation failure. Some packages contained unsatisfied dependencies.
Sure would be nice if they actually told me which dependencies those were, so I could see if I could satisfy them. When I checked the radio box in the Desktop, I noticed a tab entitled 'Dependencies', but none were listed. Another blind alley.
Closed Thread