BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 06:52 PM   #1
Thon_D
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Curve 8310 AT&T GPS Icon Yes or No?

Please Login to Remove!

I just got upgraded to an 8310 from an 8300 at work. Using AT&T.

I just need to know should there be a GPS Icon in the applications screen? I have tried unhiding but don't see a GPS icon.

And if there is not a specific icon for GPS what do I have to do besides refreshing GPS in the advanced >GPS Options to find out if the GPS is actually working on my phone?

I have Google Maps which is supposed to work with the GPS on my phone.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #2
dssacer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thon_D View Post
I just got upgraded to an 8310 from an 8300 at work. Using AT&T.

I just need to know should there be a GPS Icon in the applications screen? I have tried unhiding but don't see a GPS icon.

And if there is not a specific icon for GPS what do I have to do besides refreshing GPS in the advanced >GPS Options to find out if the GPS is actually working on my phone?

i have the same phone and you are not gonna see a GPS icon cuz you dont need to and when you run any of the GPS applications like google maps you'll be able to see the GPS doing his magic.
I think the GPS is always active unless you change any settings.i'm sure more experience ppl here would explain better.

Last edited by dssacer; 05-07-2008 at 07:21 PM..
Old 05-08-2008, 09:15 AM   #3
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

You should have an icon that will take you to download Telenav. If you don't have that icon you can get Telenav directly from Telenav (see their site for details).

However, you can use any GPS app for the BB. Download and try out several.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thon_D View Post

This question is a bit odd. You don't "have" to do anything. Advanced->GPS Options and refreshing will tell you if the receiver is working. There's no need to have a GPS app to verify functionality of the GPS receiver but, again, you can use any GPS app (including Google Maps) to try it out.

Last edited by takeshi; 05-08-2008 at 09:18 AM..
Closed Thread