Lucius J. Belmont
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
PIN: 31DD93AO
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambdacoreaz View Post
So an app that consolidates a slew of online recipes that are accessible at the click of a button, downloads the ingredients and imports them into a list where you can check items off as you go...I know there are shopping list apps out there, but this app would be a very useful tool to sort out the many recipes and consolidate ingredients...for the on-the-go chef, or novice like myself…

Dunno if it's possible, but it would be sweet!
I know it's not the same, but if you use Allrecipes.com you can make really nifty and detailed ingredient lists. I'm so addicted to that site. Being able to do something like this is a big part of why I got a BB!
Old 02-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #342
scuzzilla
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Orange France

Quote:
Originally Posted by DacyJ View Post
I use Flycast its a pretty nice app.
thanks, that's a start.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:34 AM   #343
Ulukia
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
PIN: WYSIWYG
Carrier: T-Mobile

BBUpdater
An app that would keep track of installed apps and check periodically for updates then notify you that updates are available. A nice addition would be to provide links to download the update(s) or help facilitate the upgrade process. If the app doesn't know where the OTA location is you can provide it manually, import from a browser bookmark, possibly even being able capture the location during initial app installation process, or by monitoring the browser history for OTAs (.jad) would be nice.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:39 PM   #344
flightattorney

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT
Default DateBk 5 for the Bold, and in addition, EQ for media

I'm a little embarrassed about this, but as so many others do undoubtedly, I still carry around my beloved Palm TX, which replaced my, well, you understand, I hope. The reason I do is because the RIM calendar installed on my Bold is for the most part useless by comparison.
Boy, I wish the Pimlico guys would write the software to do this. I'm sure it must be complicated, but I'll bet a heck of a lot of people would buy it, including me.
I use the TX for music, too. I use PocketTunes, which is more than adequate. There's another application which would sell like crazy, I think.
Its sort of sad to see such an elegant device as my new Bold handicapped with what I believe is some pretty poorly designed software.
Anyway, DateBk5 and PocketTunes should be adapted. I think I'd pay retail for the new versions, and I believe a lot of people would, now that our Tungstens are orphans.
I hope somebody who can do something about this sees this someday. Sniffle.
Mike
Old 02-18-2009, 06:39 AM   #345
efk22

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightattorney View Post
I'm a little embarrassed about this, but as so many others do undoubtedly, I still carry around my beloved Palm TX, which replaced my, well, you understand, I hope. The reason I do is because the RIM calendar installed on my Bold is for the most part useless by comparison.
Boy, I wish the Pimlico guys would write the software to do this. I'm sure it must be complicated, but I'll bet a heck of a lot of people would buy it, including me.
I use the TX for music, too. I use PocketTunes, which is more than adequate. There's another application which would sell like crazy, I think.
Its sort of sad to see such an elegant device as my new Bold handicapped with what I believe is some pretty poorly designed software.
Anyway, DateBk5 and PocketTunes should be adapted. I think I'd pay retail for the new versions, and I believe a lot of people would, now that our Tungstens are orphans.
I hope somebody who can do something about this sees this someday. Sniffle.
Mike
The developer of Datebk is working on a new project, Pimlical. It will initially be a desktop version, but then will be ported to mobile devices. See the end of the quoted text below.

From the Pimlico Software website:

"Pimlical is designed to be a cross-platform application and will initially roll out as a desktop version for Windows. Because it can read and write the DateBk6 tagged note field and has all DateBk features (such as floating events, advances, custom colors, standard icons, etc.) it can also function as the long-awaited "DateBk Desktop for Windows". However, Pimlical is far more powerful than DateBk6 and has many advanced features such as dual timezones, dual alarms, complete drag/drop/stretch functionality in all views, audit trail, advanced find functionality etc. Note that Pimlical is not a version of DateBk for windows, but rather a completely new calendar application, so there are several features that work different in Pimlical.

A significant benefit for existing Palm users who don't use DateBk is that Pimlical supports the advanced features of the built-in calendar application not supported by the V-6.2 Palm Desktop. For example, Pimlical will display location information, handles appointments spanning midnight and shows alarms and repeats on ToDo's.

Although initially released as a Windows version, Mac and Linux versions of the desktop will be rolled out during the course of 2009 as will versions for most handhelds & smartphones (including Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, Android, possibly iPhone (if Apple changes some of its policies) etc.)."
Old 02-18-2009, 06:56 PM   #346
KDaWG6924

PIN: eapple
Carrier: AT&T

Threaded SMS would be awesome....

But one thing I really want for BB is something like Android Scan.... anyone know if there is one in the works??
Old 02-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #347
Tixxx

Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by efk22 View Post
The developer of Datebk is working on a new project, Pimlical. It will initially be a desktop version, but then will be ported to mobile devices. See the end of the quoted text below.

"Pimlical is designed to be a cross-platform application and will initially roll out as a desktop version for Windows. Because it can read and write the DateBk6 tagged note field and has all DateBk features (such as floating events, advances, custom colors, standard icons, etc.) it can also function as the long-awaited "DateBk Desktop for Windows". However, Pimlical is far more powerful than DateBk6 and has many advanced features such as dual timezones, dual alarms, complete drag/drop/stretch functionality in all views, audit trail, advanced find functionality etc. Note that Pimlical is not a version of DateBk for windows, but rather a completely new calendar application, so there are several features that work different in Pimlical.

A significant benefit for existing Palm users who don't use DateBk is that Pimlical supports the advanced features of the built-in calendar application not supported by the V-6.2 Palm Desktop. For example, Pimlical will display location information, handles appointments spanning midnight and shows alarms and repeats on ToDo's.

Although initially released as a Windows version, Mac and Linux versions of the desktop will be rolled out during the course of 2009 as will versions for most handhelds & smartphones (including Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, Android, possibly iPhone (if Apple changes some of its policies) etc.)."
This is cool! Pimlico Datebk 5 was one of my favorite applications and used many versions prior.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #348
arcurlyq
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

I want a really good task application. I have been looking for something for about a week now, downloaded e-mobile tasks (hate it) and am still looking. I don't want anything that integrates with my calender - I just want a good task list that allows me to quickly sort by multiple categories, doesn't have 0-point font, and doesn't require 20 clicks to set up an appointment or delete it. PLEASE develop something like this!
Old 02-19-2009, 09:49 PM   #349
Daddy_J

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcarbone View Post
SMS threaded messaging. Same as the Treo... Like a Chat, not adding the last few SMS to the list, pretty much like SMS Messenger
I agree! That would be my icing on my Storm cake!
Old 02-20-2009, 12:48 PM   #350
topdog9000

Carrier: TMobile

app to store my pics, media, files and documents in that is password protected...or an app that can password protect a certain folder that i keep my stuff in. Seems like it wouldnt be hard to make and theres def a demand for it
Old 02-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #351
Tixxx

Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by efk22 View Post

I just received this e-mail today with this announcement.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:51 AM   #352
mfrisbee

Model: 9000
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Give me some ideas... what is the biggest application need out there in our BlackBerry world (that hasn't already been filled)?

List them here--I am curious as to need, not debate over whether "everyone" needs that application, but just your need.

Such as, examples:
-Automatic TimeZone Change application
-Threaded SMS viewer
-Automatic wallpaper changer

Thanks!
I would like to see two things:

1. being able to print through a wifi network printer
2. App for the Electrical field: ohms law calualtors, motor spects, NEC code referance,etc.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:08 PM   #353
fmcgirt

Carrier: T-Mobile

My most wanted BB app is full Mac support and I really think that RIM is missing the boat on this. Like lots of other BB users when the iPhone came out I thought I had died and gone to heaven until I realized that while it was a great device it was a very undependable business phone and lacked features that I had come to rely on with my BBs so after struggling with it, back I went to the BBs and Missing Sync, Boot Camp, etc. Perhaps I am not alone and maybe there are many more old BB & Mac users that are just hanging on to their iPhones because they don't want to give up the convenience of its easy Mac interface.

Other apps I would like to have include:

A "real" browser like Safari on the iPhone - it must be tough for RIM because they can never seem to get it right - webkit maybe. And I know that the smaller screens make it tougher.

An app closer app - a simple list of open apps with a check box next to each one that allows me to select those I want to close and a two buttons at the end, close & cancel.

Others have already been mentioned so these are strong "yes" votes. BTW I am willing to pay for all of these if done well.

Bit by bit backup/restore app to SD card. Must restore to EXACT state of BB before backup.

A today theme that makes wise use of the home screen and allows selection of displayed items like calendar items for a week but no tasks, etc.

Threaded SMS like the iPhone.

Install and run apps from SD card - slower is fine, not being able to run in background is fine.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:57 PM   #354
wibbly
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: T-Mobile UK

2nded in bold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhs View Post
This is my BlackBerry wish list. Maybe someone can solve some of these:

- Ability to assign tasks to employees (similar to Outlook tasks functionality.)

- Ability to accept tasks requested to me (similar to Outlook tasks functionality.)

- Reduce the brightness of the clock when in "Bedside mode" so that I can sleep. (my Bose clock/radio gets super-dimmed automatically when I turn the lights off. BB should do this.) YES, and be able to simply apply a PROFILE when whilst bedside mode. Instead we get profile 'tweak' to disable the LED or radio

- Profile option to Vibrate and Ring at the same time.

- User-definable keyboard shortcuts from home screen

- Lock phone to EDGE network to save of battery when necessary

- a 1850mAh battery for my Bold (so close to a day’s worth of work before it wants to die.)

- Timed Profiles (like Nokia phones) – e.g. Return back to original profile after xx minutes/hours PLEASE YES. A *simple* app that does just this would be great. But it has to get round the locked in holster issue that other similar apps have.

- BES Professional to have same features at BES. (HTML email, Wireless Upgrade, etc.)

- Search contact phone numbers... Like when someone says do you know who is at 6195551212? Yes

- Ability to go to the home screen while Searching Emails by pressing END... Right now it aborts the search.

- User option: To require user to press End twice during a phone call to end the call so that you don’t accidentally end call while trying to navigate other device applications.

- Separate mailbox icon for BlackBerry Enterprise Email (Separate out BES emails like other personal emails.) Yes

- Ability to select a different icon shape/color for each message account .. Difficult to distinguish between the different accounts quickly. Yes

- Add the ability to retrieve/request the email SMTP message header when you are reviewing a message. (IT would love this.)

- Select All option when in text select mode.

- Ability to select any part of text in a BlackBerry Messenger conversation, including the incoming/outgoing messages.

- Thread like text messaging similar to iPhone.

- Ability to save customizations to a theme.

- Query My Documents on our Enterprise Servers and open, modify Word, Excel documents. (and email so I can email fax to a local fax machine…)

- Pandora on my BlackBerry

- Shortcut keys should be consistent: Search in message list is “s” while search in Internet application is “f”.

- Docking/Charging cradles also allow for data connectivity to computer. (I have on by my bed plugged into the wall and one at the office plugged into my laptop, but if I want to data connect it I have to plug it directly into the phone.)
Old 02-22-2009, 02:16 PM   #355
XingBerry

Model: storm

A anti spam for the mobile !
Old 02-24-2009, 03:57 AM   #356
XingBerry

Model: storm

I would like a software that would have a good collection of todays top stocks and help me manage my portfolio.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:27 AM   #357
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

I want program that captures ALL api calls to speaker and convert it into certain patterned vibration pattern. Call it BBDeadQuiet or something.

Some programs doesn't obey the silent profile so I want it. That and I want to differentiate between email and sms for example by differently patterned vibrations.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:14 AM   #358
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

How about blackberry CBR reader?

The CBR file is nothing but package of jpg files inside a renamed zip file.

It really is that simple... :D
Old 02-28-2009, 11:46 PM   #359
BryonD

Model: 8130

Quote:
Originally Posted by XingBerry View Post
A anti spam for the mobile !
I use GrandCentral.com to; in their words - "Never miss a call I want to take and never take a call I want to miss". Oh yeah, they were acquired by Google for $45Mil last year.

Last edited by BryonD; 02-28-2009 at 11:48 PM..
Old 03-02-2009, 01:59 AM   #360
othernet
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: MOX

An EverNote meets ZipClip app. How often have you surfed and wished there was an app that allows you to right-click an image or select texts and, send it off to your BB without having to fire up your email?