Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
proussak
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile
Default Google Calendar Sync

Please Login to Remove!

After over a year of no-hassles syncing with Google Calendar, my BB is now playing tricks, specifically it's picking the wrong calendar on my BB to sync with Google. This results in either double entries or not syncing entries at all.

So my question is: how does one specify which calendar on the BB gets synced to Google Calendar? I don't see anything in Calendar or Google Sync options.

Thanks
Old 05-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
bsachais
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Go to:

options\advanced options\default services\calendar

From the drop down arrow in "calendar" select the one you want as the default...remember to "save".
Old 05-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
proussak
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Thanks, I've checked that already and it is set to the calendar I want to use.

To be a little more specific about the issue:

1. If I create a new event in GCal and sync, it appears on the BB under the correct calendar (Calendar 1).
2. But if I create an event on the BB in Calendar 1 and sync, it does not appear in GCal. If I create the BB event in the "wrong" calendar (Calendar 2) and sync, it does appear in GCal, and either on that sync or the next, it reappears on the BB as a duplicate entry in Calendar 1. If I then delete it from the Calendar 2 on the BB, it gets removed from GCal on the next sync.

I suppose I could resign myself to using Calendar 2 as my default, but this is a new problem and I was hoping to find a solution.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Closed Thread