Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 12:24 PM   #81
SpectreBlofeld
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Verizon should at least unlock the GPS for third-party applications IF you subscribe to VZ Navigator! I'd settle for that, at least, probably in part due to the fact that I do use the service and it works very well, so I'd probably subscribe to it anyway.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:34 PM   #82
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

They say they do but it hasn't been the case.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:20 AM   #83
Ashg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoC1909 View Post
My thoughts exactly. Here's a better idea for all those who think they have been "shafted":
Change providers.
Easy as pie!!
If only.

Some of us signed a new 2-year agreement after rolling two years of pocket change and eBaying personal items to afford the bloody thing. There's no money left to pay ETF plus another provider's startup costs, especially on a teacher's pittance.

Some of us do not have another provider in their area that provides comparable coverage or service.

Easy as pie, my arse. You may have well as said "Let them eat cake".
Old 06-07-2008, 11:31 AM   #84
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

while I understand your frustrations with VZW did you research the device or did you impulse buy it?

On the second thing I come from a family of teachers atleast 10 in my family right now. They do it because they love it and not one of them ever complain about what they make. On that note if you dont like what the job pays theer are other ones out there. Some of us are out of work and would love to make what a teacher makes right now.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:52 AM   #85
Ashg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Good Lord, I can't believe I'm about to have to defend myself like this.

First off, teaching is not a job for me. It is a calling. I tried doing other things that paid more, but nothing fulfilled me. I work with the youth of this country because I have a sense that I am helping to improve the future lives of impoverished students and that I am obeying what God has called me to do. I never complained about what I make, I simply made a remark of how it compares to other jobs.

If someone is dedicated enough to roll two years' worth of pennies and eBay things they don't need anymore, don't you think they'd research what they're buying? I checked press releases. I checked insider forums. I checked product web sites. I called and asked, then asked when I got to the store to buy it. You bet your sweet arse I researched my purchase. I got burned and I've learned my lesson - never trust Verizon to sell you a slice of pie without charging for the plate and fork to eat it with. That will be in the back of my mind when I start researching my next phone purchase two months before release, just like I did this one.

Last edited by Ashg; 06-07-2008 at 11:53 AM..
Old 06-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #86
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

PIN: t low

Odd how just the mention of the word V*r*z*n brings out such emotional responses. No other carrier I know of gets this kind of response.

Why is that? Can that question be answered without anyone getting flamed or a member here banned?
Old 06-07-2008, 12:16 PM   #87
Dawg
No longer Registered.

I didn't mean to belittle you at all I really didn't. That was never my intention at all. I apologize if you took it that way.

Did you research it on any blackberry forums like this and many others? Its never been a secret that is all I am saying.

When I switched to Verizon two years ago I knew full well the disabled features. I compared the networks to every carrier out there. I went with them for coverage that is always my first choice. Will the device work when and where I need it to. Verizon has been toying with devices for ever.

For the record I never ask a sales person anything you have to realize that its a job for them not a career. I know there are people out there like EZ that do it and do it right but 90% of the people on all carriers are just there for a check and will tell you what ever it takes to sell you the device. They are no better than a used car salesman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Odd how just the mention of the word V*r*z*n brings out such emotional responses. No other carrier I know of gets this kind of response.

Why is that? Can that question be answered without anyone getting flamed or a member here banned?
when you are on the best on the block you are the ones the other gangs always have it out for.

And this is the only forum I visit that VZW gets attacked on a daily basis. I visit 6 other phone forums daily and its only here that this this gets brought up several times a day

Last edited by Dawg; 06-07-2008 at 12:20 PM..
Old 06-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #88
black betty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: PRICK
Carrier: TMO/AT&T
Default Why

Why would anyone consider paying for something that is free for everyone else. if only VZW customers stuck together and drafted some type of protest using the resources available here it might nudge someone over there. IMO your all getting the shaft here. CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!!!!
Old 06-07-2008, 12:22 PM   #89
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black betty View Post
Why would anyone consider paying for something that is free for everyone else. if only VZW customers stuck together and drafted some type of protest using the resources available here it might nudge someone over there. IMO your all getting the shaft here. CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!!!!
I dont pay for it because I dont need it. So how am I getting shafted? I can hear you now and everywhere I go and thats whats important to me.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:45 PM   #90
black betty
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: PRICK
Carrier: TMO/AT&T

lmao i knew i would get a response from you, your like the sloman shield for VZW. but if your not using it it does not affect you. however you are correct service is most important, and if not for the employee package i am on w tmo i would go to VZW and use my TomTom for gps.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:47 PM   #91
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

PIN: t low

But my question was, that it brings out emotion on both sides.

You could call AT&T the scum of the earth, TMo blood-sucking smackers and Sprint a bunch of panty waisted boogers, and no one would care.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:57 PM   #92
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
But my question was, that it brings out emotion on both sides.

You could call AT&T the scum of the earth, TMo blood-sucking smackers and Sprint a bunch of panty waisted boogers, and no one would care.
Thats true I dont know why its like that JS. Now on some of the forums I visit Sprint and Nextel bring out this kind of action. Somepeople are die hard sprint fans and they will call you every name in the book if you dont agree with them.

I understand that VZW isnt the greatest thing since sliced bread, I know they have changed their devices so people are upset. Every carrier has its faults just ask some of the ones who have sold them all.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:05 PM   #93
Demon
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: 304fcd63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashg View Post

First off, teaching is not a job for me. It is a calling. I tried doing other things that paid more, but nothing fulfilled me. I work with the youth of this country because I have a sense that I am helping to improve the future lives of impoverished students and that I am obeying what God has called me to do. I never complained about what I make, I simply made a remark of how it compares to other jobs.

If someone is dedicated enough to roll two years' worth of pennies and eBay things they don't need anymore, don't you think they'd research what they're buying? I checked press releases. I checked insider forums. I checked product web sites. I called and asked, then asked when I got to the store to buy it. You bet your sweet arse I researched my purchase. I got burned and I've learned my lesson - never trust Verizon to sell you a slice of pie without charging for the plate and fork to eat it with. That will be in the back of my mind when I start researching my next phone purchase two months before release, just like I did this one.
With Verizon every phone you purchase comes with a 30 return period. If you were this unhappy with the product and service I am confused as to why you would not have returned it.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:12 PM   #94
Ashg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
With Verizon every phone you purchase comes with a 30 return period. If you were this unhappy with the product and service I am confused as to why you would not have returned it.
Because a sales rep told me that it would be enabled in a future update, that's why I kept it. I've learned my lesson, I've had my altruism beat out of me, and I'll be taking everything I see from Verizon with a grain of salt from here on out.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #95
kdrweez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
while I understand your frustrations with VZW did you research the device or did you impulse buy it?
I got it under warranty to replace a WM phone. So I could either stick with the 4395873495873 flaws of a Windows phone, or get a Berry free. Either way I'm in contract. And either way, what's wrong with trying to improve what your money gets you?

How's that trial going? I read there was another hearing on Friday.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:42 PM   #96
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdrweez View Post
I got it under warranty to replace a WM phone. So I could either stick with the 4395873495873 flaws of a Windows phone, or get a Berry free. Either way I'm in contract. And either way, what's wrong with trying to improve what your money gets you?

How's that trial going? I read there was another hearing on Friday.
You may be in a contract but you can buy your way out and go where you feel like it. If you are that unhappy go where you will be happy. Just because you got it under warranty doesnt mean you cant take it back with in thirty days.

I dont need to improve on what I have. I have exactly what I paid for.

Last edited by Dawg; 06-07-2008 at 07:44 PM..
Old 06-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #97
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
PIN: & Teller

I read somewhere that on June 6 the parties in the class action were going to take a crack at a solution. I wonder if the information about June 6 was correct/bogus and if correct if anything was "resolved."
Old 10-11-2008, 12:12 PM   #98
cenuticket

Model: 8339
Carrier: verizon

i work for Verizon and there is absolutly nothing you can do to hack the GPS.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #99
cenuticket

Model: 8339
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashg View Post

answer to your question why VZW disables the GPS system is simply is to keep the device and network secure. if we enable the 3rd party GPS...anyone can hack to your phone very easily and have acess to all your informations (they can even make calls/text from your phone) our GPS cost only $10 and we just launched the 4.1 with live Traffic which beats anything in the market
Old 10-11-2008, 12:26 PM   #100
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenuticket View Post
answer to your question why VZW disables the GPS system is simply is to keep the device and network secure. if we enable the 3rd party GPS...anyone can hack to your phone very easily and have acess to all your informations (they can even make calls/text from your phone) our GPS cost only $10 and we just launched the 4.1 with live Traffic which beats anything in the market
This may be true with the RAZR and other phones. Not so much for BlackBerry devices. Other carriers such as AT&T, Sprint and Tmobile allow 3rd party GPS applications on their devices and I have never heard of anyone hacking into a blackberry through this.

Regardless of GPS or not, I have not heard of anyone hacking a berry.
Closed Thread