BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 12:10 AM   #1
ukulele_ninja
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Whats the best bluetooth headset?

Please Login to Remove!

You guys helped me get my case ordered, but now I want to know what the hands down best bluetooth headset for the BB is. Right now I use the Jabra BT5010 which is a comfortable, ok sounding headset but the downside is that its uglier than crap. I actually get comments from people saying its the most hideous looking headset they have ever seen!

Let me explain my expectations for a new one though:

1. Comfort. Ive gone through several in the past and this is the recurring problem area. My ears are sensitive to earbuds so those headsets with the big bulky rubber earbuds are out of the question. Best example of this is the Motorola H12 Pure. Great sounding headset, but gastly to wear for longer than 5 minutes. I would prefer an 'over the ear' solution something that would really on a wrapping around my ear rather than shoving something in to it. It has to fit TIGHT to my ear as well because I hate feeling like its going to fall off.

2. Microphone: Has to have an exceptional microphone in it that would make it difficult for someone on the other line to distinguish whether or not im on the headset. Dont really need 'noise canceling' because I would rather have a headset that just made a really strong connection and prevented interference and such.

3. Audio: I want something that sounds good and that is LOUD. My biggest beef with BTH's is that the ones I have used are so damn quiet. Maybe its the years of head bangin to Iron Maiden taking its toll, but I want a heavy duty sounding headset.

4. Price: Im willing to pay a hefty price to get what I want, under $150 hopefully but depending on what you come up with the price is a lesser worry.

5. And finally, Looks: Its gotta look good, yes this is a lesser 'must' but I would be more apt to buy something 'unique' looking granted it meets the other specifications.

So ig you can offer any testimonials and provide some links I would greatly appreciate it!
Old 05-31-2008, 12:48 AM   #2
ukulele_ninja

One that catches my eye time and time again is the Jabra Freespeak BT250. Any thoughts on this one?
Old 05-31-2008, 01:19 AM   #3
kurichan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon BIS / BES

Every single one of them sucks.

Bluetooth is a total crock.

The audio quality on every single Bluetooth device I've owned has been bad to the point of useless.

Your best bet is a wired device.

Don't waste your time with Bluetooth.
9630 #4 < 9630 #3 < 9630 #2 < 9630 < 9530 (returned) < 8703 < 7250
Old 05-31-2008, 01:27 AM   #4
Dahmer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000

I know you dont like the 'in ear' devices, but go w/ me on this. I'm a musician and was asked to use in ear monitors for live shows and rehearsals. When your used to floor wedges and hearing everything coming from around the room/stage the way it does normally, then going to a device that plugs your ear COMPLETELY allowing no ambient sound in, and relying on the soundboard to get guitars, drums, vocals...no crowd response noise. Lets just say its nerve racking. Getting used to the ear buds was the first challeng. I didnt get the custom ear molds so my ear pieces are the same as my plantronics blacberry headset.

Bottom line. I have very small ear canals and even the smallest tips PLUG my ear. Give it time on one of these in ears. ALL the plantronics discoveries have been great. No echo, verry little noise to cancel, and once you get used to it, you dont even know its there. Take it out when not in use...DONT BE BLUETOOTH GUY!!!!
Old 05-31-2008, 01:54 AM   #5
fonejunkie
Just me

Model: iFone
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility

I still love the sound and function of the Aliph Jawbone. I've been using mine since it came out about 8 months ago... and love it... it's comfortable, sound quality (in AND out) is great and the noise cancelling feature works very well.

Sorry, kurichan, but I most definitely disagree with your comment that they all suck.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:58 AM   #6
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Model: 8900
Carrier: None

samsung wep series... very good... never had an issue at all... great sound quality both in and out
Old 05-31-2008, 09:08 AM   #7
ukulele_ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurichan View Post
Every single one of them sucks.

Bluetooth is a total crock.

The audio quality on every single Bluetooth device I've owned has been bad to the point of useless.

Your best bet is a wired device.

Don't waste your time with Bluetooth.
lol well arnt we the optimistic type?

Any other suggestions?
Old 05-31-2008, 09:33 AM   #8
boofnut

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulele_ninja View Post
lol well arnt we the optimistic type?

Any other suggestions?
i have had a Motorola H700, H710, H800 and now the Moto H12 Pure.
the 700 was defective. girlfriend said i sounded like i was in a sandstorm. the button on the 710 stopped working so i was unable to make or answer calls. the 800 just didnt fit at all. wouldnt reach my ear canal. the H12 was my last resort (at least with motorola). when i talked to people using this headset they said i sounded clear and loud. the sound quality of the ear piece was excellent also. even though you said you dont like in-ear headsets, i dont either. i found out that after wearing it for a while (even when it got a little painful) i got used to it and the rubber piece (3 different sizes included) actually formed to my ear a little. the in-ear type i find helps me hear people in very noisy environments. with the 700 and such, it sat flat on the ear with no earbud. i had to max out the volume and still had trouble hearing people in loud environments. also, with the H12, i found that the noise cancellation actually worked (people said they could hear the car and such with the others). i tried rolling my windows down on the highway in my car and talked to my girlfriend. she had no clue the windows were even down until i told her. she thought i was running the A/C on low because it sounded like a calming movement of air in the car

i am extremely happy with the headset i got and glad the noise cancellation actually works well.

i have tried a jawbone headset on at the store before i was going to buy it and the fit was terrible. no matter how good it was going to sound i couldnt live with the way it fit
Old 05-31-2008, 09:47 AM   #9
ukulele_ninja

I had the H12 once before and people on the end always commented that I sounded far away. Then I had the H700 which is actually one of my favorites, but after using it a few weeks, for some reason it stopped pairing with my phone! I took it back to ATT and he said they had a lot of people bring them back with the same complaint.

Im sort of hesitant to buy any more motorolas, but the Jabra I mentioned and the jawbone seem to get some really high reviews
Old 05-31-2008, 10:22 AM   #10
MBW

Model: 8110
Default On-ear alternatives

I stopped wearing earbuds forever when I looked up research done by audiologists on the kinds of "flora and fauna" that grow on them; I never liked them much anyway.

There are several vendors I will suggest you explore for on-ear headsets, both wired and Bluetooth:
  • Com One
  • BlueAnt (especially the X5)
  • Motorola
  • Plantronics (especially the Pulsar 590)
Old 05-31-2008, 10:34 AM   #11
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Plantronics 655+
Old 05-31-2008, 10:44 AM   #12
JD914
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold

Jawbone nothing else even comes close.

The New Jawbone: The Best Bluetooth Headset Just Got Better
Old 05-31-2008, 10:55 AM   #13
tschweitzer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310

Nokia BH-800
Old 05-31-2008, 11:03 AM   #14
surfandstrum
Thumbs Must Hurt

I'm a Jawbone fan too...Does anyone know where to find the Jawbone 2 for less than what AT&T sells for $129? My friend just got it at the MSRP and loves it...I heard him on his Harley and it didn't take out all the ambient noise, but it was better than many other BT's...It's not perfect (because there is one out there), but it's one of the better ones...
Old 05-31-2008, 11:13 AM   #15
rumpole

Carrier: T-mobile

I have the Jawbone and it's the best one I've used so far.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:05 PM   #16
ukulele_ninja

Well I ordered the Jabra and my dad has a jawbone that he's never used and I had no idea thats what he had! So Im gonna use each one for a week and Ill submit my review in a few weeks! Thanks for the help!
Old 05-31-2008, 12:27 PM   #17
louch6

Model: Curve

New Jawbone. Hands down.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:00 PM   #18
surfandstrum
Thumbs Must Hurt

louch...did you find a good price for the Jawbone 2?
Old 05-31-2008, 01:17 PM   #19
Helmdawg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: ned down...
Carrier: T-Mobile

I like the jawbone as well!
Old 05-31-2008, 01:47 PM   #20
Trimix
BlackBerry Master

PIN: infarina