Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
avelasqu
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default 8320 wifi to data plan confirmation

Please Login to Remove!

Folks, I have been using my 8320 with NO data plan (browsing with wifi) for a few months now and have decided to get the data plan.

I submitted it online via the T-Mo website and called to verify and its currently in provisioning. 24-72 hours, if that.

My question is, since my 8320 is setup for wifi, how will I know when the provisioning is over and my 8320 is up and running on the data plan?

Do I have to change my browser config to something different than wifi-browser? (right now the only other option is t-zones)

Is there anything I have to change or do?

Or once its ready, will i just be up and running and then the wifi will just be a speed compliment to the new data plan?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:53 PM   #2
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

you will get a registration message i believe. if not you can change your browser to "Internet" browser. you should also see the email setup wizard appear if its not there already.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:02 PM   #3
avelasqu
CrackBerry Addict

Ok, I have not gotten the registration message yet. So when I go to the Browser Configuration, the only options right now is t-zones, t-zones and HotSpot Browser. So when its all provisioned, then an "Internet" option should be available?

Also, I have the "email setup wizard" icon already, actually its been there for a while, when I click on it. It brings me to the page where I create email addresses, which looks similar to the page that I already filled out on the T-Mobile website.

When I click on my Web Browser icon, it immediately errors to "This is a wifi service. Please ensure your device has an active wifi connection and try again"

So I understand the message above, so when my data plan provisioning is complete, will that message go away or should I just wait for the "Internet" option in the browser configuration to be available? Or both?

Last edited by avelasqu; 05-21-2008 at 04:04 PM..
Old 05-21-2008, 04:04 PM   #4
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

the plan switch should be near immediate. try a battery pull or go to options > advanced > host routing table > register now.

Also your Signal indicator should go to EDGE
Old 05-21-2008, 04:10 PM   #5
avelasqu
CrackBerry Addict

So I have tried a battery pull and did the register now thing. (I got a msg confirmation shortly thereafter).

Now I still cannot browse the web nor do my Gmail push mail work. And yes, I do have the EDGE now.

Under TCP my APN is still wap.voicestream.com, does that need to change?

The T-Mobile rep did say the entire provisioning process could take 72 hours. But when I had my 8700g, it was with an hour like you guys have mentioned.

Last edited by avelasqu; 05-21-2008 at 04:13 PM..
Old 05-21-2008, 04:25 PM   #6
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by avelasqu View Post
So I have tried a battery pull and did the register now thing. (I got a msg confirmation shortly thereafter).

Now I still cannot browse the web nor do my Gmail push mail work. And yes, I do have the EDGE now.

Under TCP my APN is still wap.voicestream.com, does that need to change?

The T-Mobile rep did say the entire provisioning process could take 72 hours. But when I had my 8700g, it was with an hour like you guys have mentioned.

what he said is BS. it took within 2 hrs when i had my 8700g with tmobile (have a curve now with verizon and it was instant i might add). if it's been more than a day, i would go right into a tmobile store and get the issue resolved on the spot. don't even bother with the CSR reps over the phone, as they will simply just say "it's still processing". go in store and get that thing resolved.

the only reason why i can see it taking 72 hrs...is if they are having network issues or something...
Old 05-21-2008, 05:01 PM   #7
avelasqu
CrackBerry Addict

Ok, so I changed my Browser Configuration to t-zones and I can now browse the web with wifi off (I am currently not near a router or hotspot).

But I am not getting any push email. Thoughts?

My other question would be, when I do have wifi on and near a Hotspot, will I have to change my Browser Configuration back? Or leave and it the wifi will just speed my EDGE to make it faster?