Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 12:33 AM   #1
maribergamaschi

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: -
Default detach pin from T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

hey guys, i'm new here and i'm from brazil, so i'm already appologizing for any mistakes in any terms or language..

well, i bought a 9630 unlocked (new in the box) from T-Mobile then when i got to brazil i activated a BIS plan that not worked.. i called my plan provider and after trying everything to solve the problem, they said that probably my PIN/IMEI was still attached to T-Mobile.. what i want to know is if it is possible and, if it is, what can i do to solve this problem?

thanks a lot!
Old 02-25-2011, 05:58 AM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile
Default Re: detach pin from T-Mobile

The 9630 is not sold by T-mobile.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 02-25-2011, 08:30 AM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

You would need to call the original carrier or the previous owner and have them delete their BIS account. The 9630 would probably be a Verizon or Sprint device, not T-Mobile.

Are you sure that it is a 9630?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 02-26-2011, 12:21 AM   #4
maribergamaschi

sorry guys, I was wrong.. my 9630 is from Verizon!

anyone knows if it works:
bbaddicted.com/guides/how-tos/how-to-release-your-blackberry-pin.html

otherwise I'll have to call Verizon from Brazil and it will be a little hard, but if it's the only way I'll have to do this..

thank you!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:36 AM   #5
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Verizon won't release the PIN anyway, because you're not the original phone's owner.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 02-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #6
maribergamaschi

so, it means that is nothing I can do? :(
Old 02-26-2011, 02:53 PM   #7
Dubdub
Appleinator

You can try. If you can't contact the original owner, talk to Verizon and plead your case. If you have a bill of sale and can prove that it is yours, then you might get lucky. Might take several tries before you find a sympathetic CSR however.

-->>Twitter

Old 02-26-2011, 09:16 PM   #8
maribergamaschi

ok, thank you for your attention guys!

my last question is if you think this tip works, cause I don't want to demage my friend's SIM card:
http//bbaddicted.com/guides/how-tos/how-to-release-your-blackberry-pin.html

if it not works, I'll try calling verizonand see how it goes.. thanks!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #9
Dubdub
Appleinator

That link takes me to a wiki on http.

AFAIK, there are only 2 ways to do what you need: Have the previous owner cancel their BIS account or have the carrier do it.

-->>Twitter

Old 02-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #10
maribergamaschi

there's a new symptom going on with my internet..

I cannot use apps like messenger, bbm, twitter or facebook but apps like foursquare, player for youtube and new york times are working fine..

do you think my problem is really related with an attached PIN or could be something else?

thanks
Old 02-26-2011, 09:35 PM   #11
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

The link is How to release your BlackBerry Pin | BBAddicted. It opens to the bbaddicted.com site for me.

This has been discussed and argued on the forum before. The person that posted the method in the thread that I remember swore it worked and that he had done it many times. But I still don't understand how it can work. If PIN X in the example is still attached to a BIS, how can it be entered and accepted in the PIN Y account in Step 1? In other words, whether you try to change someone else's BIS to the attached PIN or your BIS to the attached PIN makes no difference--if I follow the example correctly.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #12
maribergamaschi

yeah, it's the right link, thanks! I wrote it wrong because I cannot post URLs yet..

in any case, if you think my problem is related to an attached PIN I'll try this method and, if it works, I'll let you know!

thanks a lot!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:47 PM   #13
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

I haven't dealt with this personally, but what I gather is you will get a definite error message if you are trying to use a PIN for your BIS that is still associated with another BIS account. It shouldn't be a mystery.

When you set up your BlackBerry on your BIS account, do you get an error message, or some sort of Success! message?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:59 PM   #14
maribergamaschi

what happens is, when, for example, I try to use the twitter or facebook app I get a message that says 'you are currently on a service plan that does not support this application'.. because of this, my carrier said that my PIN is still attached to Verizon.. what I don't undersatand is, if it's really attached, why can I use apps like foursquare and player for youtube and cannot use twitter and facebook?

thanks
Old 02-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #15
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

I understand that. You wrote that in your first post. What I'm getting at is do we really know your PIN is associated with another BIS account, or not. By your accounting of things, your service provider said 'sounds like' and did not say "is"---to me I think your service provider didn't know, didn't try to verify, and was only speculating.

To your question above, some third-party apps are designed to use the blackberry network and therefore require a blackberry data plan, and some do not.

So, to back up to the beginning, review, and verify facts: Do you indeed have a BlackBerry data plan? If so, log in to your BIS account (Where can I log into my BIS account? - BlackBerryFAQ) and follow the instructions you find there to associate your BlackBerry with the BIS account and add an email address. Do you get an error message, or Success?

EDIT: If your carrier is not listed at the FAQ page, find your carrier's web site and from there see if you can navigate to their BlackBerry BIS web page.

Last edited by aiharkness; 02-26-2011 at 10:17 PM..
Old 02-26-2011, 10:27 PM   #16
maribergamaschi

I already called a thousand times to my carrier and they said that my BIS account is correctly active but they can't register my PIN cause it has some problem.. then, when I say that I bought my bb in USA, they say that the problem is thar probably my PIN is still attached to another carrier.. is there any way to find out if it really attached?

when I create a new account with my PIN and IMEI in the BIS page I get a message that says 'your bb bis account is suspended or deactivated, please contact vivo..' but when i call my carrier they say that the plan is activated.. I don't know what else to do..
Old 02-26-2011, 10:37 PM   #17
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Ok. Your carrier has definitely tried to register your PIN with your BlackBerry account and cannot do it. But being associated with another BIS is only one possibility; another is that the PIN is banned. I don't know for certain, but I would expect your carrier should be able to tell you which it is.

But I agree with what the others have said. If the PIN is good but associated with another BIS account, there isn't anything you can do if you can't get the PIN released from the other account. You can try that method you found at bbaddicts.com. So far as I know you won't do any harm, but I don't think it will work based on what I understand.

If your PIN is banned, then there is no hope of ever registering the BlackBerry on your BIS.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:44 PM   #18
maribergamaschi

I don't understand how can my PIN be already registered if I bought this mobile in a store and I saw the seller open the box and unlock it.. but I already did everything I could and the BIS won't work, so I think the attachment is in fact the only possibility for having this problem..

anyway, as I said before, I'll try that method from bbaddicts.com and, if it works, I'll let you know!

thank you very much for all the help, you're very kind!
Old 02-26-2011, 10:50 PM   #19
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

I don't understand either, if it was truly brand new, never been used, etc. If it was in fact a refurb, I guess it is possible.

Post an update if you get it working, or either way post an update. Good luck.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Closed Thread