BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
CarlC90

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: The one that came with the phone
Default The internet browser on my storm is not working.

Please Login to Remove!

Hey all
I brought my first storm friday, now i`m on a contract so get basically unlimited internet usage,and i was using the internet browser friday,and it was working perfectly,but i tried it yesturday and no joy, it won`t load up the pages, today after fiddling around with the options it`s been a bit better,it displayed search result from google lol.But when i tried the link to what i was looking at, i got nothing just a blank screen saying loading.
Now could this be because it`s the weekend and loads of people are using it that it`s so slow or whatever, or is it just plain not working or am i doing something wrong?

Also people say that the storm hasn`t got wi-fi but what`s the wi-fi upgrade in the options?i was watching a video about how to upgrade the firmware yesturday and the bloke said that you have to use the wi-fi thingy, but if it ain`t got wi-fi how can it work?

Cheers

Carl
Old 03-29-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Carl,
Who is your provider? Do you have a BlackBerry data plan? Have you pulled the battery?

Last edited by dc/dc; 03-29-2009 at 10:46 AM..
Old 03-29-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
CarlC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
Carl,
1)Who is your provider? 2)Do you have a BlackBerry data plan? Have you pulled the battery?
Thanks for the reply dc/dc,
1)my provider is vodafone 18 months,
2)what`s that?do you mean like how many minutes do i get etc?my internet usage is 500mb but i ain`t nowhere near that.
3)i think i might have but can`t remember, as it froze so bad on friday or saturday,i took of the back cover and i think iwas about to pull it out and it sprung back into action.

Thanks for the replies appreciate it.

CarlC
Old 03-30-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
CarlC90

It`s all sorted now, it`s because i didn`t have the blackberry sign on the storm,next to the 3G symbol.The bloke said to just do a battery reset, he said to take the battey and sim card out, then insert again and it`s been working since 10ish today, it stopped working once though after he sorted it but ever since i did the battery reset myself it`s been fine:-D
Old 03-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #5
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlC90 View Post
It`s all sorted now, it`s because i didn`t have the blackberry sign on the storm,next to the 3G symbol.The bloke said to just do a battery reset, he said to take the battey and sim card out, then insert again and it`s been working since 10ish today, it stopped working once though after he sorted it but ever since i did the battery reset myself it`s been fine:-D
Excellent. A battery pull will clear a lot of issues on BlackBerry.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
CarlC90

Question

Aha wish I knew that from the start.But oh well I love fixing and solving things anyways just means i'm more interested in the blackberry.Nothing like hearing your bb go off and you find out you have and old I am getting good at typing with the storm aha oh by the way I am writing thus on/with the storm :
Closed Thread