Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:55 AM   #1
Athena

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Manitoba Telecom Services Inc.
Default Help! Can't sync Pearl with Vista PC via BlueTooth

Please Login to Remove!

I just got a new computer that runs Vista, and now I can't sync my Pearl with Desktop Manager anymore via Bluetooth. It works fine with a USB cable, but I want to sync wirelessly.

My computer and Blackberry Desktop Manager both connect with my Pearl, but Desktop Manager greys out and gets stuck when trying to sync with the Pearl.

All my settings seem to be correct:
  • I've checked off "Turn Bluetooth Support On" in Blackberry Desktop Manager Options and configured the Bluetooth options
  • Desktop Manager is able to connect to my Pearl via Bluetooth - as soon as it senses the Pearl, it asks "Would you like the Desktop Manager to connect to the Blackberry device using Bluetooth wireless technology" . . . when I click "YES," Pearl says: "Connected to Desktop," while Desktop Manager says "Device Connected (PIN), etc..." - but then the Desktop Mgr screen goes grey and gets stuck - nothing syncs
  • Desktop Mgr is set to sync my calendar, memo pad, address book, and tasks with Microsoft Outlook (in both directions - from Pearl to computer and vice versa)
  • My PIM Interface on the computer's Bluetooth settings is set to allow Bluetooth devices to send PIM info from Microsoft Outlook

I've upgraded from Desktop Manager 4.1.13 to 4.5, which apparently is more compatible with Vista.

Any suggestions on how to get Desktop Manager to sync with my Pearl via Bluetooth?
Old 09-14-2008, 01:18 AM   #2
Jamesparadise
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Vodafone

does your computer have the function of bluetooth?
Old 10-24-2008, 03:48 AM   #3
2Tall2Ride

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon (The Restricted One)
Default Possible SOLUTION

Hey All,

I searched the Intraweb for a week and I finally have a interim solution. Like you all I had a missing driver problem. The Bluetooth would install 3 Comm ports and leave two uninstallable (Peripheral Error).

At first I was unable to get my BB to sync using BT, it would hang on "Working"

MY SOLUTION:
In the Vista Bluetooth Device Properties window, if you select your BB and go to its properties page. You should be given the option to select the services tab to will see a bunch of services that your BB "should" be able to do. On my Dell I had 5 services listed and all selected
- Advanced Audio
- BB Bypass Service
- BB Desktop Service
- DUN
- Headset Audio Gateway

Notice you there are 5 services, but only 3 Comm ports (ie pipes). I deactivated (unchecked) Adv. Audio and Headset Audio Gateway. Then I had a matching set (3 services and 3 Comm Ports).

After making this change I was able to sync my BB via BT. Although I haven't tried it yet, you should be able to BT tether as well.

NOTE: This did not solve the DRIVER issue. I disabled the two troublesome Comm ports, that the PC could not drive.

I hope this helps.
- 2Tall2Ride
"Keep it Rubberside down"
Closed Thread