Old 07-13-2008, 05:35 AM   #1
cadmanmeg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Free XM and emulators too??

Please Login to Remove!

Is this possible on my BB? Meaning that is there a service that is out there that has no monthly fee and that can be used on a BB?

Also, is there any windows emulators for the BB Curve 8310? Similar to what you can do on computers for different OS's. I ask because I have some simple aps. that I would like to run on my BB.

TIA for you help!
Old 07-13-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
bsachais
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

The monthly charge for XM is $7.99per month. Info can be found at:

XM Radio Mobile on BlackBerry®

Barry
Old 07-13-2008, 01:55 PM   #3
Nukinfuts
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310

Generally ripping off a paid service is bad. Plus you cant get the signal for free so i doubt its going to be available.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:01 AM   #4
piusg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Hey, I'm a long-time XM subscriber (I've had two receivers for over five years now), and I can listen for free on my PC--and that's in XM Radio's Terms of Service. I think that this new 20-channel-for-$7.99-a-month is total bullcrap and a slap in the face to loyal XM subscribers like myself.

If I tether my BlackBerry to my ThinkPad, I can listen online for free--and routinely do on my train commute to and from work. And I used to stream XM over my Palm Treo for free after I logged in with my XM account.

Why shouldn't I be able to listen to XM directly on my BlackBerry, eliminating my PC, without having to pay some slimy "shakedown fee?" It's the same signal, for Christsakes.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:08 PM   #5
agentwahoo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330

Check this out, you wont be able to listen to all of the stations, but as long as you are a registered user you can log in and listen using your user name and password. Works pretty well for me... ok well I won't be able to share the link with you right now since I am unable to post links, since this is my first post. Boooo! Feel free to contact me though if you want the link. In the meantime I suppose I will find another thread to post some more items in...
Old 08-20-2008, 09:43 PM   #6
agentwahoo

Model: 8330

So it turns out the audio doesn't actually stream from the website I was looking at. I'm a new BB user coming from the land of the BJ2. The website loads, it lets you log in, even pick a station, but never sends the audio. The website worked great under internet explorer, but neither the blackberry browser or opera mini will work. Sorry for the confusion... if anyone still wants to the website link to play with it I will be more than happy to send it.

What a worthless first and second post... heheheh
Old 08-21-2008, 08:04 AM   #7
Johnny909
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
PIN: Worms

Agentwahoo, welcome to BB forums. No one remembers 1st or 2nd posts anyway, so let er rip tater chip.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:25 AM   #8
easelpad

Model: 8300
Carrier: att

Have to agree with you - I'm a loooongtime XM subscriber with 4 accounts / Radio IDs and while I can listen online I'm completely bummed that I can't do it from my BB. And I also agree that the 7.99 fee is a total slap in the face. This should have been a condition of the merger.....

Anyway - anyone know of a browser that will work with frames (that's the complaint I get from the XM service when I use the BB browser) or anyone have a Flash plug-in that works for Opera Mini 4.1 OR..... know of a streaming service that will allow you to connect to XMradio online?? Sure would make my day a bit brighter. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piusg View Post
Hey, I'm a long-time XM subscriber (I've had two receivers for over five years now), and I can listen for free on my PC--and that's in XM Radio's Terms of Service. I think that this new 20-channel-for-$7.99-a-month is total bullcrap and a slap in the face to loyal XM subscribers like myself.

If I tether my BlackBerry to my ThinkPad, I can listen online for free--and routinely do on my train commute to and from work. And I used to stream XM over my Palm Treo for free after I logged in with my XM account.

Why shouldn't I be able to listen to XM directly on my BlackBerry, eliminating my PC, without having to pay some slimy "shakedown fee?" It's the same signal, for Christsakes.
Closed Thread