BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 04:49 PM   #41
miamoto

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Blackberry bold 9700
Default Re: Phone won't turn on, flashing red light sequence, PC won't detect it

Please Login to Remove!

@ wiiwe. it works on my 9700 bold. ur such a genius. thanks al lot
Old 12-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #42
alzothefish

Model: 9800
Carrier: t-mobile
Exclamation Re: Phone won't turn on, flashing red light sequence, PC won't detect it

having a similar problem with my 9800 torch. yesterday it ran out of charge so i put it on charge and when it was nearly fully booted it went off again and booted itself again, its been doing the same thing for the last two days. ive tried taking the battery out and it just does the same thing and it will not connect to my computer ethier... PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 05:13 AM   #43
mytimer

Model: 8900
Carrier: STUDENT
Default Re: Phone won't turn on, flashing red light sequence, PC won't detect it

I ALSO HAD THIS problem but when i plug my device it shows cross mark over the charging symbol .......my bb was quiet right at night i putted i t on charging but at morning it was showing that problem A week has passed bt im not able to on my device please help me about this
Old 02-07-2012, 12:32 AM   #44
Vaskiss

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Please help! my Curve froze on me. It started today, there was a call coming in and it didn't let me answer, I kept pressing the keys and it wouldn't work, like it completely froze! Then i took ou the battery and it froze at the startup page where you actually see the upload line underneath the word Blackberry. It won't turn on. I tried taking out the battery several times today, I connected it with the wall charger, I let it lay without battery for 2 hours and tried again, nothing then I let it sit there for an hour to see if it was just slow in turning on, and NOTHING. I even tried connecting the USB from laptop to it and see if I could turn it on by going on to the Blackberry Desktop Software. and still nothing. The battery is fully charged and there's not been any damage done to it at all, no water or hasn't been dropped. Please if someone has any clue please help! P.S I have no insurance on it and the warranty has expired,
Old 02-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #45
rezaauliapratama

Model: 8520
Carrier: service

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydraP View Post
I had the same problem here...
Would be very appreciate any help...
Thank you and best regards
maybe ic flash not work....
Old 02-11-2012, 10:50 PM   #46
rezaauliapratama

Carrier: service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester_I View Post
Hello all, hopefully I can get some help here

I have a Blackberry Bold 9000. It had been working fairly well, besides the odd time that it froze up and I had to restart it. Yesterday it was working normal, until around 5:00pm. I looked at it and it had a black screen and basically was off. I tried to turn it on, and after a while it did come back on. However, almost instantly it turned off again. Now the whole phone looks dead, except for the red LED in the corner that flashes once and then again three times, in that sequence over and over again.

I've looked around on the internet and it appears that it may be a problem with the operating system(?) I've tried taking out the battery and reinserting it. Didn't work. I left the battery out over night and reinserting it. Didn't work. I had the battery out all day today and then reinserted it. Didn't work. I have Blackberry Desktop Manager on my computer but my phone won't connect to it. I open the program and it just says "Before you begin, verify that your current Blackberry device is connected to your computer." However, it won't connect at all. It won't let me even access the "Options" button in the corner. I've tried reinstalling the DM with no success.

I have also tried to go straight to the AppLoader. It won't work either. I open it, press "Next", it goes to the page "Communication Port Selection". Yet, I can't select any connection or press next because the phone isn't being detected AT ALL by the computer. It's as if it's not connected, even though it is clearly connected through the USB port.

I've seen a number of steps that other people have used to try to fix their dead phones. However, they always seem to have some process to do with AppLoader or the Desktop Manager (which are not working for me).

Hopefully someone out there has some sort of trick or suggestion, or knows something I may be doing wrong or have overlooked in my frustration. Thanks a bunch!
hardware issue...
Old 02-12-2012, 01:43 AM   #47
REDHERRING

PIN: 239070A8
Carrier: GLOBACOM NIG

I am havinga similar problem with an 8520, GEMINI, it wouldn't complete its bootup sequence. The boot bar under the blackberry name at start up, would load 2/3 and would stop there,I have removed the battery a lot of time but to no avail, and I can't do noting on it. Please help asap,leave reply here or in my email.thank you.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 03-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #48
mitobest

Model: 8250
Carrier: gemini 8250 dead
Red face Re: Phone won't turn on, flashing red light sequence, PC won't detect it

Hi guys, i have a similar problem but a little different. My bold doesn't want to start up also. I get a "PING" sound when i plug it into my computer, but it gets the disconnect sound shortly after, instead of a series of on/off's from the led i get a steady 6-8second long on-light, then it disconnects and shuts down. Sometimes the phone will look like it's going to boot up but goes to a blank screen and then shuts down shortly after without getting past the blank screen. I tried the process shown on the second post, i downloaded the OS, i got into the app loader and found my phone as an "unknown pin", ive even gotten far enough to select the OS and applications to load, then i'll get about half way through the install until i get to the "wait for device initialization" where it says "reconnecting to JVM" then i get a connection prompt that says "application loader was unable to connect with your device, please reconnect etc"

its also harware problem in my time try to resolved pimic(pts) ic the resolved.....
Old 07-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #49
alechiqui

Model: 9860
Carrier: AT&T

I own a 9860, and after only three months in use, Phone won't turn on, flashing red light sequence, PC won't detect it... please help
Old 07-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #50
Arcenannie

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

I have a BB 9000. I have the one red three red phone dead problem too. I have tried all of the solutions offered, but the com port still will not give me any connection port. It will not even let me check detect communication port. I have even tried it from the DOS backdoor, as suggested in an earlier thread. It flashes with the battery in, or the battery out. Plugged in to an outlet or cable to the PC. It shows nothing when unplugged. I've unstalled software, I've reinstalled software, I have rebooted the PC, I have tried everything.
I don't want to have to buy a new phone. This one was perfectly fine before it went red, space, red, red, red, dead.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #51
jojoblackberry

Model: 9700
Carrier: vodacom

what do i do when it asks what application i want to load in the app loader?
Old 07-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #52
wofety

Carrier: me

my blackberry curve 8520 is flashing in a sequence and will not let me plug it into the computor how can i get it to even come on please help???
Old 07-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #53
slfnyc

Model: 000
Carrier: at&t

help! i have a non-booting bold 9000 getting the same 4 red flashes then a pause (which after a while becomes 1 red flash, longer pause).
bb tech support tells me it's a hardware failure - nothing to do, that reloading the op system won't help.
even if it would, that means a hard reset ie erasing all data first.

either way, MY TOP NEED IS TO RETRIEVE THE DATA first. (my last backup was 3 weeks ago and i have impt new contacts and memos.)(i know, i know....)

does anyone know a way to get the data off a bb in this condition into a retrievable form (such as a backup file i could restore onto a new device), or know a resource who can do it at some affordable cost?

urgent, and desperate - and grateful for your help! thank you!
Old 07-29-2012, 08:20 AM   #54
slfnyc

Model: 000
Carrier: at&t

help! i have a non-booting bold 9000 getting the same 4 red flashes then a pause (which after a while becomes 1 red flash, longer pause).
bb tech support tells me it's a hardware failure - nothing to do, that reloading the op system won't help.
even if it would, that means a hard reset ie erasing all data first.

either way, MY TOP NEED IS TO RETRIEVE THE DATA first. (my last backup was 3 weeks ago and i have impt new contacts and memos.)(i know, i know....)

does anyone know a way to get the data off a bb in this condition into a retrievable form (such as a backup file i could restore onto a new device), or know a resource who can do it at some affordable cost?

urgent, and desperate - and grateful for your help! thank you!
Old 07-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #55
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

If you cannot boot the device you are not going to get your data off of it.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #56
widefox

Model: 9000
Carrier: engeneer

I had the same problem here...
Would be very appreciate any help...
Thank you and best regards
Closed Thread