Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 07:08 AM   #1
thadoggfather

Model: iFone
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Getting an 8300 Curve!

Please Login to Remove!

I'll probably have my hands on it on Saturday more than likely, but there's a small chance I might have it today. First PDA and first blackberry! Really excited...

I've used LG, Moto, Samsung, and recently, Sony Ericsson phones.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:10 AM   #2
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Welcome to BlackBerryForums.com
Old 07-10-2007, 07:46 AM   #3
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadoggfather View Post
I'll probably have my hands on it on Saturday more than likely, but there's a small chance I might have it today. First PDA and first blackberry! Really excited...

I've used LG, Moto, Samsung, and recently, Sony Ericsson phones.
Hey, thadogfather! I knew you'd make your way here. Congratulations again on the new BlackBerry.

You'll find lots of information here from folks who will help. Check out the FAQ sticky and you will get answers to stuff that many here before us have asked.

Good luck!!
Old 07-10-2007, 09:51 AM   #4
thadoggfather

Model: iFone
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Penguin- I saw your Red sox avatar. I'm going to Boston today for the week
(for Boston University orientation, actually)

davistld01- of course I found my way here after you sent me that URL ;) Good times ahead.

I got my BB 8300 today. Kind of funny story actually. I'm going out of town in the early afternoon to catch a flight, and I called FedEx and AT&T numerous times to see if they could hold it for me at the local FedEx location so I could pick it up this morning (since they were going to deliver it later this afternoon, after I have already left town). So neither AT&T nor FedEx held it for me at the FedEx center. I tracked my order like crazy and once I saw that it was at the nearby FedEx center, there was about an hour downtime before the truck would have left the FedEx center for delivery - and it would have been beyond my control. But, I drove out there A.S.A.P, went to the unauthorized section of the FedEx center where they are loading up their trucks for delivery, and asked for one of the drivers to grab the package for me and I explained my situation. One of the angry loaders told me I should not have been back in the loading zone, and he was right, but I really wanted my phone today!

I went to the FedEx retail annex that's connected to the loading zone when they opened at 9 AM and picked it up... Really glad I have this now, rather than when I get back.

Last edited by thadoggfather; 07-10-2007 at 09:52 AM..
Old 07-10-2007, 10:14 AM   #5
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Penguin- I saw your Red sox avatar. I'm going to Boston today for the week
(for Boston University orientation, actually)

davistld01- of course I found my way here after you sent me that URL ;) Good times ahead.

I got my BB 8300 today. Kind of funny story actually. I'm going out of town in the early afternoon to catch a flight, and I called FedEx and AT&T numerous times to see if they could hold it for me at the local FedEx location so I could pick it up this morning (since they were going to deliver it later this afternoon, after I have already left town). So neither AT&T nor FedEx held it for me at the FedEx center. I tracked my order like crazy and once I saw that it was at the nearby FedEx center, there was about an hour downtime before the truck would have left the FedEx center for delivery - and it would have been beyond my control. But, I drove out there A.S.A.P, went to the unauthorized section of the FedEx center where they are loading up their trucks for delivery, and asked for one of the drivers to grab the package for me and I explained my situation. One of the angry loaders told me I should not have been back in the loading zone, and he was right, but I really wanted my phone today!

I went to the FedEx retail annex that's connected to the loading zone when they opened at 9 AM and picked it up... Really glad I have this now, rather than when I get back.

Yeah, dude...the reason that you ran into some "angry loaders" is because it is absolutely against policy for you to be back there...LOL. You are fortunate you got a little mercy and didn't get in any trouble. FedEx is totally stringent about their rules and regulations...since if they screw up and either mess up and lose a package, or give a package to someone without it going through their system...they could face huge lawsuits!!

Glad you got your Curve...but, be patient.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #6
he1neken
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:

Now THAT is dedication. I'm usually impatient, but that's up at another level. Good that you got it though! Have fun.
Closed Thread