Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 12:02 PM   #1
dschwartzer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default PocketMac Sync - Entourage or SynServices

Please Login to Remove!

I have previously tried PocketMac with fair results and am thinking of trying it again now that a newer version is out. I have tried Missing Sync (beta) and that is not bug free either. While the Missing Syn tech support has been very responsive, I am reluctant to spend $40.00 for a program I am having ongoing issues with. Syncing tasks and keeping reminder dates is still a problem with both products and iCal does not support recurring tasks but Entourage does. Missing Syn has an issue with all day calendar event and while there is a work around it is still an issue that I didn;t have with PocketMac.

One of the things I also like about PocketMac is its ability to sync directly with Entourage and not require that the Entourage data be copies into iCal and Address Book as Missing Syn does as it uses Apple's SyncServices.

Of those of you that are still using PocketMac and have success with it, I am curious if you are syncing directly with Entourage or do you still copy the data to iCal and Addtress book and set PocketMac to copy the data from there?
Old 03-28-2007, 03:45 PM   #2
wclyffe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschwartzer
I have previously tried PocketMac with fair results and am thinking of trying it again now that a newer version is out. I have tried Missing Sync (beta) and that is not bug free either. While the Missing Syn tech support has been very responsive, I am reluctant to spend $40.00 for a program I am having ongoing issues with. Syncing tasks and keeping reminder dates is still a problem with both products and iCal does not support recurring tasks but Entourage does. Missing Syn has an issue with all day calendar event and while there is a work around it is still an issue that I didn;t have with PocketMac.

One of the things I also like about PocketMac is its ability to sync directly with Entourage and not require that the Entourage data be copies into iCal and Address Book as Missing Syn does as it uses Apple's SyncServices.

Of those of you that are still using PocketMac and have success with it, I am curious if you are syncing directly with Entourage or do you still copy the data to iCal and Addtress book and set PocketMac to copy the data from there?
Thanks for your post. I use PM4.0.20 with a BB8700 and a Powerbook G4. While I think the sync is a bit slow, I do let it back itself up to my .Mac account so there is some time lost there. I was synching to Entourage, but I recently moved my email over to Mail, and thus I sync with iCal and Address Book with the exception of using Entourage notes. I have no issues except that PocketMac strips out the date on the iCal tasks. This has been true from the beginning, and unfortunately it still is. I've wanted to try Missing Sync, but $40 seems like a lot for little gain at the moment. That said, I like their company and commitment to support.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:56 PM   #3
jensonyu

Model: 8700r
Default PM sync with Entourage

I've been using PM4.0.20 since it's still at beta stage. I synced it with Entourage directly -- both contacts and calendar, never had a problem.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:08 AM   #4
dschwartzer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensonyu
I've been using PM4.0.20 since it's still at beta stage. I synced it with Entourage directly -- both contacts and calendar, never had a problem.
Thanks for the response. Have you been syncing tasks with PM 4.0.20? I currently have task sync turned off because of problems I have with reminder dates. I disccovered this issue early in the release of PM 4.0 and their tech support said it would be addressed in a future release. I looked at the notes of the 4.0.20 release and it staes that task reminder dates may not sync properly so I asume the issue has not yet been corrected.

What is your experience with task syncing?
Old 03-29-2007, 10:10 PM   #5
jensonyu

Model: 8700r

I'm not a big time user with Task in either Entourage or BB. So, not syncing it at all.
Closed Thread