BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 04:53 PM   #1
afizzle

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmob
Default extra message security?

Please Login to Remove!

Hey, I searched the forums for a little bit off my phone but couldn't find anything conclusive.
I am looking for either a program or settings to add some more security to my messages, I hid the icons already and made the left side key the short cut but I want something where I have to enter another password to access my messages I tried the content compession and what not but that didn't do the trick... Any recomendations or am I sol?
Tia
Old 10-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #2
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Settings -> Options -> Security Options -> General Settings.

Enable the password and set whatever password you want to have on the device.

Can't password protect specific apps, only the entire device.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #3
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

It's all or nothing on the BB.... Either enable it for everything on the phone or just keep your girl away from the phone or better yet don't get or send messages that you don't want them to see!

Good Luck!

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 10-02-2007, 05:07 PM   #4
mattymee
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
It's all or nothing on the BB.... Either enable it for everything on the phone or just keep your girl away from the phone or better yet don't get or send messages that you don't want them to see!

Good Luck!

E-
Someone needs to develop an app that puts the phone on "Drunk" mode so that way I cant send the wrong texts to the wrong people, or call my gf's house phone instead of her cell phone.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:38 PM   #5
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattymee View Post
Someone needs to develop an app that puts the phone on "Drunk" mode so that way I cant send the wrong texts to the wrong people, or call my gf's house phone instead of her cell phone.
Ha! Ha! Ha! Maybe instead of Wifi and GPS they will enable to breathalyzer!!

Old 10-02-2007, 05:46 PM   #6
afizzle

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmob

I have the main phone lock turned on but just thought that maybe there was something I'm missing or not seeing the option anywhere, oh well I am pretty good about locking my phone but its when I forget that someone always is interested in my phone and they usually check my messages, I had some one ask me where my message icon was today and it ticked me off how people are so nosey just wanted a little extra incase they somehow found it, and its not that I am hiding something its just annoying. Lol maybe I should learn how to code and make a program.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:48 PM   #7
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

And maybe you should tell that person to respect you and stay out of your things. Otherwise, always keep it on ya!

And make sure you have a backup...if you have someone that nosey odds are when it's locked they will take a few guesses at your password. 10 times and your phone is blank.....

Good luck!

E-

Old 10-02-2007, 05:48 PM   #8
AlexKidd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ▪T▪▪▪Mobile▪

Quote:
Originally Posted by afizzle View Post
I have the main phone lock turned on but just thought that maybe there was something I'm missing or not seeing the option anywhere, oh well I am pretty good about locking my phone but its when I forget that someone always is interested in my phone and they usually check my messages, I had some one ask me where my message icon was today and it ticked me off how people are so nosey just wanted a little extra incase they somehow found it, and its not that I am hiding something its just annoying. Lol maybe I should learn how to code and make a program.
Or get better friends.

--Kidd
Closed Thread