Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 08:42 PM   #21
coastieboy00
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: 24AE9FC0
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Please Login to Remove!

So it seems that this error comes up for me when the memory on the device gets full. I have a rather large address book of 400+ and the internal memory along with all of the apps installed seems to trip it.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:45 AM   #22
Grnfinger
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers

I run a few of the apps mentioned, GT connect 4, Facebook, ebay ect..
I update all the time from BB World just did it last night ( twitter app) and have yet to experience this issue, perhaps a reinstall would resolve the issue?
Old 03-20-2010, 11:03 AM   #23
moxmike

PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

I'm working on my third BB 8900 on the T-Mobile network. With the previous two 8900's, I would keep getting the white screen of death with the message "reload software" message. I would have to go through the process of reinstalling the o/s (4.6.1.231), doing a restore & reloading all of the apps. It really sucks when it happens away from home because it means no phone until you get home, fire up the computer & do the reload. I feel your pain. As soon as I'm eligible to upgrade, the 8900 is gone!!!
Old 03-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #24
coastieboy00
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 24AE9FC0
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I will say that since the last time I got the dreaded white screen, I did some cleaning out of contacts and I have yet to see it return. I really do think it has to do with how many contacts/calendar items and apps you have installed on the phone. I wish that RIM would let us install and run apps from the memory card instead. My old Sony Ericsson P900 would let you do that and it was nice to be able to have the device memory not as clogged.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:21 AM   #25
j0hnnyscene

Carrier: AT&T
Default Same problem

I had this same problem about 3 times now.

The first 2 times I did a complete wipe and pulled from a backup from my old 8310.

The most recent time I just uninstalled the app that I was installing when the problem occurred using DM. In this case it was Twitter, downloaded from AppWorld. All 3 times I was using AppWorld. I don't know the version number, but I was using the most recent AppWorld... updated within the week (prompted by Bb). Started back up, works like a charm. I tried downloading Twitter outside of AppWorld, but the icon never showed up in downloads, on desktop, apps or anywhere else... hence me trying with AppWorld (as it has a "run" option)... hence the crash.

Needless to say once this booted back up I made a backup of everything again.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:03 PM   #26
Paulie227

Carrier: tmobile
Default Solution to the Dreaded Code 552

[QUOTE=zimbu1234;1496453]I can't take it any more. This error is the bane of my existence. I mean really why does it happen after every app install? I can't take it any more.

First, use desktop manager to reload your applications. Yes, I know you just have a white screen, but I actually got this to work - once.

Next, go to Crackberry and buy the Aerize card. Doesn't matter how much it cost, buy it. It's worth it. First, the card will allow you to load way more apps than your phone memory can handle. Next, it never seems to get wiped out or be affected by an uninstall/reinstall. It is an app loader. You will find that all your apps will remain loaded on here, even if you can't see them.

If after trying to load your applications with the desktop manager (yes, even with the white screen) doesn't work, then go ahead and wipe everything out. You may as well go to your carrier's website and download a whole new operating system as well.

Now do a restore from your last save. Your aerize card loader should now be available on your phone. All your apps are loaded on that card. Go to the card (I keep mine in the applications folder) on the phone highlight your app and click the menu button, hit LOAD, your application will reload to your desktop or whenever you kept it on your phone.

You will have to do this one by one but better than having to download OTA, requesting activations codes, or discovering your app is no longer available, etc.

Another thing. Whenever you do a backup on desktop. Go to your BB memory and activate mass storage, plug your phone into your computer, go to my computer and click on the icon for your BB to open up the memory, then highlight and copy everything in the "loader" folder and in your aerize folder and save it to a duplicate folder on your desktop. Should anything happen, you can move the loader folders back into your BB manually by initiating mass storage in your phone memory, plugging the phone into your computer, and going into my computer to access the phone memory, then your folder, rename it "loader", then go to your phone locate the aerize card and manually load each app one by one.

After the 4 or 5th crash (who can remember anymore), I am doing that right now. I am even loading old games that I thought were lost to me forever either because I got a new phone and it was supposedly not compatible (but all seem to be playing just fine). I have a ton of apps (thanks to the aerize card) and out of the over 100 that I have so far only a few are giving me errors (Youmail for example) and I can easily redownload those apps.

I hope this helps. Stupid me I've had this loader ever since I've had my first BB and never thought to recover my apps this way. BTW I have an 8900 which seems to be very susceptible to this error.
Closed Thread