Old 09-13-2006, 07:57 PM   #21
mws222
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianlamar
I can confirm that I have put an mp3 on my blackberry via bluetooth from my Macbook Pro. There are extra steps to do it because if you try it by the send file then it says the phone doesn't have those type services. But it does work none the less.
care to explain the "extra steps"
Old 09-13-2006, 08:05 PM   #22
brianlamar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

Ok.... well on the blackberry, go to media, then select the folder of which type of media you would like to send, ex. pictures, music, video. then hit the menu key and select "receive using bluetooth". Now on your mac run the bluetooth file exchange, choose your file and hit send. It should work then.

Hope this helps
Old 09-13-2006, 08:07 PM   #23
brianlamar
Thumbs Must Hurt

*NOTE* on the computer after the file has transfered it will say "file transfer failed" don't worry about that as long as the phone says "transfer complete"
Old 09-13-2006, 08:24 PM   #24
mws222
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Ok.... well on the blackberry, go to media, then select the folder of which type of media you would like to send, ex. pictures, music, video. then hit the menu key and select "receive using bluetooth". Now on your mac run the bluetooth file exchange, choose your file and hit send. It should work then.

Hope this helps
awesome it works!
Old 09-19-2006, 11:50 PM   #25
bryanmsi

Model: 9300
Talking You Are My Hero!

Quote:

Hope this helps
I never would have figured this out -although its so simple - without your instructions. But it worked perfectly!!! Thanks so much for posting.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:15 AM   #26
columnist

Default Syncing an 8100 with a MacBook

I'm reviewing an 8100 and when trying to sync with a MacBook the program crashes after syncing contacts, but before syncing the calendar. The same software woorks just fine with an 8700.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:19 PM   #27
yoyoyo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: tmo

Quote:

Hope this helps
i can confirm this works... thanks brian!
Old 10-26-2006, 11:40 AM   #28
jkrue123

Default A simple fix

I got the same error message about insufficient power. All I did was unplug the USB from my phone, while leaving it attached to my computer. Then just plugged it back in, and voila! Perfect.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:57 AM   #29
bflint
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: Cellular One

I have pocketmac and it sync's fine (macbook pro 17") just can't install software or backup. It will sync with addressbook and ical is all I use. To sync you have to have the new pocketmac 4.0 and after installation reboot computer and plug in with usb the 8100 and then start pocketmac and set up what you want to sync and there ya go
Old 10-28-2006, 02:57 AM   #30
ddfilms
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

Hey yall I am new to BB but i have found that in order for the pocket mac to work properly make sure the software is running before you plug in the Pearl. it works fine then I use it at least 2 times a week. To add music or other things make sure that you enable the mass storage option when you plug the phone into your computer. then it shows up just like a jump drive. then just drag and drop the files into the coresponding folders ie: music movies ringtones ect.

To install software from pocketmac go to utilities and select install software to device, the select the app file you downloaded. it works great. I put dopewars and more on mine with it.

hope this helps.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:05 PM   #31
Beton

Model: 8700c

I just got mine and had the same problem, couldnt sync with pocket mac. But a friend gave me this tip. Log to blackberry.comand in downloads there is pocketmac4.0 FOR FREE!!! And it works perfect, I sync all my Entourage contacts, tasks, notes, etc into the Pearl!

What I did try, is to upload trhe a micro SD pics, and they wont open, dont know why, but I did get some .doc documents and I was able to attach to emails, its wonderfull!!
Old 11-10-2006, 06:55 PM   #32
dugs

Model: pearl
Default tried to send file but still didn't work

tried the blutooth file exchange tip but got this error message "Device does not have the necessary services." Any ideas?
Old 11-10-2006, 06:57 PM   #33
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugs
tried the blutooth file exchange tip but got this error message "Device does not have the necessary services." Any ideas?
Have you tried getting a MicroSD card, using an adapter and transferring files that way?
Old 11-16-2006, 07:27 PM   #34
moetazthabet

Model: 9000
Carrier: Mobinil

New BB 8700 owner, i am using Mac OS X 10.4XX. I son't have a media Icon to try the file transfer to my or is this not availible in the 8700?

THanks,
MT - [email address]
Old 11-29-2006, 02:22 PM   #35
one4theThumb

Default Syncing my Pearl with my PB

I cannot get my Pearl to sync with my Powerbook. I have tried all of the troubleshooting in this thread and anywhere else on the web. I have also spent hours on the phone with RIM and swapped the device for a new one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

MG
Old 11-30-2006, 12:17 AM   #36
p nut
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

I don't know how that one poster was able to send/receive data via Bluetooth. I emailed PocketMac and they told me that they were currently working on a Bluetooth version of PocketMac, but they're not sure of the release date.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:40 PM   #37
bb rookie

Question Please help!

Hi everyone, I'm a new to Mac & BB world - I just got them both.
I was trying to see how I can send music files from my laptop to the BB (I got the Pearl) and I've tried following the instructions, but I get a message "transfer failed" every time. What am I doing wrong?

Also, if you can suggest some links where I can learn about how to use BB, please let me know.

Thanks.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:50 PM   #38
bb rookie

Question Please help!

Hi everyone, I'm a new to Mac & BB world - I just got them both.
I was trying to see how I can send music files from my laptop to the BB (I got the Pearl) and I've tried following the instructions, but I get a message "transfer failed" every time. What am I doing wrong?

Also, if you can suggest some links where I can learn about how to use BB, please let me know.

Thanks.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:23 PM   #39
newpearlyhurly

PIN: N/A
Carrier: cingular
Default How do you do this?

Can you walk me through the steps of enabling the mass storage option? I didn't do this when I first connected the BBP (if you meant that you should do it the very first time you connect). Do I do this through pocketmac? Elsewhere? THanks for any help yu can give.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddfilms View Post
Hey yall I am new to BB but i have found that in order for the pocket mac to work properly make sure the software is running before you plug in the Pearl. it works fine then I use it at least 2 times a week. To add music or other things make sure that you enable the mass storage option when you plug the phone into your computer. then it shows up just like a jump drive. then just drag and drop the files into the coresponding folders ie: music movies ringtones ect.

To install software from pocketmac go to utilities and select install software to device, the select the app file you downloaded. it works great. I put dopewars and more on mine with it.

hope this helps.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:29 AM   #40
jabs07

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular

The Missing Sync is available for Blackberry's... It works perfectly. No problems... although there is a cost associated with it ($39.95), but in my opinion, worth every penny. Great program and very easy to use!
Closed Thread