Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 04:54 AM   #1
kontrolkalemi

Model: bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: turkcell
Default BB Bold headphones"I can not hear the ring tone when I get a call"

Please Login to Remove!

I am a BB Bold user and with the original headphones (that comes out of the box) I can not get the ring tone when I receive a call. I can listen to music or talk with it but I can not hear the ring tone when I get a call.

What may be the problem, does anyone knows ?

Thanks...
Old 09-11-2009, 05:10 AM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

As far as I know, it doesnt do it.
i.e. its not a problem, its just not meant to ring in the headphones.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 09-11-2009, 05:14 AM   #3
kontrolkalemi

Thanks..Strange ! How am I supposed to notice that I am receiving a call when my headphones is plugged in and I am unable to hear the phone ringing for example during I am driving my motorbike etc...
Old 09-11-2009, 07:13 AM   #4
Caspan
No longer Registered.

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontrolkalemi View Post
Thanks..Strange ! How am I supposed to notice that I am receiving a call when my headphones is plugged in and I am unable to hear the phone ringing for example during I am driving my motorbike etc...
I listen to music all the time with my headphones. It will always ring through the external speakers. This makes no since to me either. But the music will turn off when the phone rings. It's a bad design I know because I have complained many times about it to RIM.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:29 AM   #5
kontrolkalemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspan View Post
I listen to music all the time with my headphones. It will always ring through the external speakers. This makes no since to me either. But the music will turn off when the phone rings. It's a bad design I know because I have complained many times about it to RIM.
Yes you can understand only when the music pauses itself for a while during receiving a call but this is really unbelievable !! But, with the bluetooth headphones I hear a signal sound when I receive a call which I think it comes as a default tone of the bluetooth headphones.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:35 AM   #6
Caspan
No longer Registered.

Carrier: Rogers

@kontrolkalemi

Yeah I'm not sure why they do that... I know the tone you hear is a function of the Bluetooth headset. I use a Bluetooth car stereo and same thing I have 5 ringers to chose from. But even still my phone will ring and the stereo will also ring. Quite annoying.. Just pipe the ring tones to the Bluetooth audio gateway. Same if you have the head phones plugged in just send it to the speaker system that is currently in use.

I know warning tones are piped through the headphones and alarms, calendar alerts etc cause they drive me nuts when listening to music.. but ring tones nope...
Closed Thread