Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
IMMAC525

Model: Tour
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default "Conflicts with another appointment on this calendar"

Please Login to Remove!

I have two calendars on my BlackBerry, one for work and one for personal (Gmail). I see "Conflicts with another appointment on this calendar" for every calendar entry I put in, regardless of which calendar I'm selecting. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it?
Old 02-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted

You will see that if you make multiple entries that occur at the same time, overlap, or if one is scheduled to start at the time a previous appointment ends. But you probably know that, right?

If you are still getting the notice even when there is no conflict, I would try a hard reset.

Before that, open calendar, menu, select calendar, and set show all. Then double check and make sure there is indeed no conflict.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
jedicav

Model: 9700
PIN: 215A9227
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have experience some of this. Best I can come up with is that if you have events that go across multiple days...they will conflict with an hour long meeting.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:34 PM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedicav
I have experience some of this. Best I can come up with is that if you have events that go across multiple days...they will conflict with an hour long meeting.
Yes, you will see the conflict warning if you channge the "show time as" setting on the all day appointment to busy. If you leave the all day as free, you will not.

Caveat: My blackberry defaults to free when you check all day. Other appointments default to busy. This is the way it has always been as far as I recall. I don't know if that has changed with newer OS versions.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
IMMAC525

Model: Tour
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I’m not creating entries that occur at the same time, overlap or start before a previous appointment ends. I’m also seeing this problem on days when I don’t have events that go across multiple days. Re: “Yes, you will see the conflict warning if you change the ‘show time as’ setting on the all day appointment to busy” – this doesn’t seem to be the case with me either. I went to a date on my calendar that had no appointments on it and I still received the same message.

Any other thoughts? Perhaps I should do a hard reset after all…
Old 02-18-2010, 05:52 PM   #6
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Yes, of course do the hard reset. That should be the first thing you do.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #7
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted

Try the hard reset. If you still have the issue, you could try clearing the calendar on the device with advanced backup/restore and then either re-sync or selectively restore from a backup.

Another idea is delete CICAL service books and then resend service books. I only mention that because it is known to fix sync errors with outlook when everything else is ruled out. If there is a glitch with your calendar, maybe that will shake it loose.

But I can't help but think there's something you are not seeing. No other ideas on that point, however.

Last edited by aiharkness; 02-18-2010 at 05:55 PM..
Closed Thread