Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
Punkster

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Digitel TIM
Default Four red blinking lights on my 8900

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Forum, this is my first post here, let me explain what's wrong...

I have a Curve 8900, i don't know if my sister did something to it.. but the thing is, the phone WON'T turn on... if i plug the Charger or the USB, the LED goes on 4 times and then stops... 4 times again, and stops again..

The phone is NOT recognized by the PC... i've repaired a few bricked/nuked/dead BB's and updated a lot more (including my parent's ones, my family's ones.. friend's, etc.) and this didn't happened to me before.

The JL_Cmder does not recognize my phone either, i've tried to wipe it, but since it doesn't recognize it...

I've tried to do the forced OS reload with the Apploader but still, i got no answer from the phone.. actually when i run the apploader.. no port shows up.. nor the PIN:UNKNOWN... nothing...

Is this fixable? and how?

Thanks in advance...
Old 08-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

blackberry 4 four blinking - Bing

Four blinking red lights... - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
Old 08-21-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
Punkster

Thanks for such a quick response.. but i've already tried those methods.. actually, the phone got bricked yesterday.. and i have all day trying different methods (including the last one with the command line under windows 7) nothing worked..

I'm guessing the issue is that the BB is not being recognized when i plug it in.. and since it's not being recognized, i can't access it via DM or AppLoader.. is there another way to fix this?
Old 08-21-2010, 07:20 PM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

There are no mind readers on the forum that I know of, so we have no clue what you've already tried, or if you've even searched, unless you say so up front.

I've not been where you're at, so no personal experience. All I can advise is do some more searching. See if you find anything else.

Also, try and try again. I gather there can be some trial and error to get the timing right. But as I say I haven't been there yet.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #5
Punkster

I'm sorry, Ira. Didn't mean to sound rude to you with the "i've already tried those methods", my apologies, english is not my 1st language and probably it came out as i didn't want it to..

Yeah, i've been searching and trying every method i run into.. but nothing has worked for me.. including the last one on your links (actually it was the 1st i tried) but i got no answer..

I'm in the same position as you right now, since i had never seen that happen before and clearly don't know what to do.. who knows? maybe there's a guy/girl who had this problem before.. hopefully that person will read this thread hehe...

I'll keep my progress posted here.

Thanks, and again. i'm sorry..

Cheers.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:57 PM   #6
somerandomguy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: tmo

the 4 blinks and the PIN UNKNOWN is not good.

However, your comptuer can see that there is SOME SORT of blackberry attached. That is good news.

check the water damage sticker, thats probably red.

Also, assume that the phone is dead and will not come back; all your data and apps are lost.

--

Now,

go get the latest .882 release for this phone and install it. Make sure that no other operating system packages are loaded onto the computer.

launch loader.exe from an ADMINISTRATIVE commandline. use the /nojvm commandline flag.

do not attempt to customize the OS or do anything other than install it. If that works, then you can go back later to make changes.

it is unlikely, VERY UNLIKELY, that this will not work *unless* there has been some hardware damage. Because your computer can see that there is a blackberry attached, it means that the very basic bootloader is up and running - meaning that all is not lost.

this has happened to me before, and i was able to recover,
Old 08-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #7
Punkster

Hey, somerandomguy!

I think you misunderstood what i meant to say on the first place...

Quote:
The phone is NOT recognized by the PC..
I connect the phone to the PC and it does... nothing, the PC doesn't even play the 'new hardware found' just like the same sound when you plug an USB drive..

Nothing nothing, just 4 red blinking lights.. the blinking stops for about 5 seconds, and does it again... 4 red blinking lights... the blinking stops..

About the Apploader.. when you plug the phone on a bricked state.. you could definately see the PIN:UNKNOWN, that's when you click next quickly and you can reload the OS, well... in my case.. nothing appears on the box where the COM1 or PIN:UNKNOWN should appear

I guess i'll have to use this Curve as a paper weight. Though i'm not going to give up so fast hehe..

Thanks for your response.

Cheers

EDIT: i do have installed the latest OS on my device, which is 5.0.0.822 from Hutchison (IIRC) i'm kind of a geek when it comes to PC's and BB's hehehe...

Last edited by Punkster; 08-21-2010 at 08:21 PM..
Old 08-21-2010, 08:25 PM   #8
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Punkster, I have to tell you, sounds to me like if anyone could revive that blackberry, you could. I'm betting it's gone, dead.

Did sister cop to what happened yet?
Old 08-21-2010, 08:43 PM   #9
Punkster

I don't know.. the little (words i cannot say on the interwebz) told me 'i didnt touch it' but that's how she goes with everything... in example: if Windows refuses to boot i just yell 'come here, you little (again, those words)! FFFFAAAAASSSSST!' and she just says 'Ok, i did it ' she's only 14yrs old.. can't blame her for being a little curious... when i was her age (and even younger) i disarmed WAAAAY too much stuff... i guess i'll be buying my new BB from her savings.. if i don't find a way to fix it haha.. if i find a way.. then i'll just take away 1/4 of her savings, just for her to learn the lesson
Old 08-21-2010, 08:46 PM   #10
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Well, just wait. One day you'll be hearing, "Honey, can you come look at this?"

Good luck.

Welcome to the group.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:02 PM   #11
Punkster

Thanks Ira, now, hijacking quickly this thread...

There's 2 options i'm discussing right now... since i'm not from USA i have to buy unlocked phones and since i don't have THAT much money.. i'm debating between these 2:

1) Curve 8520 (My mom has one) on 260$ (Amazon)
2) Bold 9000 on 285$ (amazon, again)

The main difference i see is the 3G capability of the Bold and the GPS... (also the processor and memory) but same camera and stuff... but the 8520 has a trackpad (which is a win, i've had issues with trackballs)

Does it worth the 24$ difference? or should i go with the 8520?
Old 08-21-2010, 09:11 PM   #12
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Punkster, did you make sure there is no problem with the usb port on the computer? Did you try different cable? That sort of stuff? ... Confirm that it is the blackberry that is the problem connecting and not something else.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #13
Punkster

Yeah, i have like 8 USB cables laying around.. i even switched the battery with my Aunt's Javelin and nothing.. the PC is working just fine because as we speak, i'm updating a client's Bold 9700, so i don't think is the PC/Cables/USB Ports..

This little (ohh those words, again) is giving me a real headache, but i got a Pepperoni Pizza and a Pepsi can just to chill out hehehe...
Old 09-15-2010, 10:25 PM   #14
richdocekal
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
Carrier: Rogers, T-Mobile, Verizon, Locus
Default Key was jammed pressed down

My BB8320 had the menu key jammed down hard and it stuck. Caused the same blinking led. I just worked the gaps pf all the keys with a plastic thin edge till it freed. All ok now.
Closed Thread