BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 02:49 PM   #1
Jimbob_1000
Thumbs Must Hurt

Jimbob_1000's Avatar

Location: Seattle
Model: 7100
Carrier: sprint
Default Possible SCAM ALERT

Please Login to Remove!

Some of you may have seen my thread for selling a 7520. Well I got a respond through e-mail from a person saying that they wanted to purchase it. I'll show you the e-mail conversations:

Old 09-09-2006, 04:25 PM   #2
infernox
CrackBerry Addict

infernox's Avatar

Location: Southern CA
Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

Totaly scam. WTF is "willing to transfer the sime of $10000 to your account". They are phishing for your personals and account #.
__________________
Bold 9700 / v5.0.0.296 / at&t
Offline
Old 09-09-2006, 04:31 PM   #3
flash24
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

flash24's Avatar

Location: San Antonio, TX
Model: 9930
OS: 7.1
PIN: 3319688F
Carrier: Verizon

did you guys ban him or her?
__________________
http://twitter.com/billydasco

Proud to Serve USAF
Offline
Old 09-09-2006, 06:54 PM   #4
Proth3uS
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Proth3uS's Avatar

Location: South FL
Model: 2MANY
OS: 4.6
Carrier: T-Mobile, AT&T

there are scammers everywhere these days, i almost got caught a couple of times
Offline
Old 09-10-2006, 08:17 PM   #5
kb9liq
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130

I got the same email
Offline
Old 09-11-2006, 12:37 PM   #6
cingular_agent
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Location: Delaware
Model: 8700
Carrier: the New AT&T

I have had 3 phones sell on ebay only to have these scumbags try that lame a$$ scam. Who in the world would fall for that? I guess people do or they would not try! Luckily ebay is quick to refund listing costs when this happens. Gotta be carefull selling these days.
Offline
Old 09-11-2006, 01:34 PM   #7
snowskier79
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

snowskier79's Avatar

Location: Houston, TX
Model: Curve
PIN: No thanks, yo tienen una pluma.
Carrier: AT&T

Ridiculous!
Offline
Old 09-11-2006, 03:01 PM   #8
justin.culp
CrackBerry Addict

justin.culp's Avatar

Model: SOLD
Carrier: at&t

These morons have "purchased" one of my bb's 3 times on ebay. Of course, I never shipped.

Bastards.
__________________
8800 att/cingluar For Sale w/2G MicroSD
http://www.blackberryforums.com/buy-...-cingular.html

Offline
Old 09-13-2006, 03:10 PM   #9
cybermikey3
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

cybermikey3's Avatar

Location: ny
Model: 9530
Carrier: T-Mobile

dude i got the same email from 2 people saying "Hi seller.
I am interested in ordering your item urgently.I will like to to know if the item is in good working condition.I will also add $10 to make the transaction efficient.I will be expecting your mail if my offer is ok.
Thanks Mr Moore"
deffinatly a scam! he wanted my account number for a direct wire transfer, i said i will accept only paypal or a money order or certified check and he didnt respond after that.
__________________
My Nismo
Blackberry Storm 9530 ON TMOBILE.

Last edited by cybermikey3; 09-13-2006 at 03:13 PM..
Offline
Old 09-14-2006, 01:08 PM   #10
sasquatch
Thumbs Must Hurt

sasquatch's Avatar

Location: Vancouver, WA
Model: 8700g

Never, never do mail, phone, or internet business with someone from Nigeria (or any transaction that even mentions Nigeria in the proposition).

Nigeria is the worst scamming nation on the planet.
Nigerian scammers (credit card fraud, bank fraud, money transfer fraud, etc) are never punished by the Nigerian government.
In fact, Internet scams are even "encouraged" by the Nigerian government as a means of bringing US Dollars into their economy.

Sorry, but that's just the way it is.
__________________
Currently: 8700g
Formerly: BB 7105t, T-Mobile SDA, Treo 650, Treo 180,Toshiba e310, Handspring Visor Edge, Casio E10, Palm IIIx, Palm Pilot
Offline
Old 09-14-2006, 11:38 PM   #11
chbak014
Thumbs Must Hurt

chbak014's Avatar

Model: 8900
Carrier: blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cingular_agent
I have had 3 phones sell on ebay only to have these scumbags try that lame a$$ scam. Who in the world would fall for that? I guess people do or they would not try! Luckily ebay is quick to refund listing costs when this happens. Gotta be carefull selling these days.
you'd be surprised how many people fall for it.
Offline
Old 09-15-2006, 06:06 PM   #12
Dan Dare
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Dan Dare's Avatar

Location: UK & USA but mostly on a plane
Model: 8700v
Carrier: o2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chbak014
you'd be surprised how many people fall for it.
I got sick and tired of questions when listing items on e-bay such that all my listings state that I don't respond to enquiries from Nigeria or the Phillipines. I also state that I only accept PayPal. As a result of this I have noticed a signficant drop in the number of scammers trying to contact me.
Offline
Closed Thread