Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 12:38 PM   #61
jaxcoder

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

thanks guys,

I am gonna try to "just" empty my inbox (by moving it to a new folder) and recreate my account in BIS only.

Will let you know how it goes. Thanks
Old 03-26-2008, 01:17 PM   #62
tarheel23
Knows Where the Search Button Is

One other thing to keep in mind, which I don't see it getting mentioned lately.

If you are going to delete your godaddy email, make sure you do the following in order.

1. Delete the account from BIS.

2. Pull that battery from your blackberry.

3. Login to your godaddy admin and delete the email account.

4. I waited about 10 minutes (probably could wait less) then recreate the email account.

5. Add the account in BIS.

6. Resend service books (possibly overkill, but I did it anyway).

7. Put battery back in blackberry.

8. Power up.

Hopefully enjoy email again.

A few side notes to keep in mind. My godaddy account is setup as a catchall. In other words, any email sent to me that ends with @mydomain.net will make it to my inbox. Examples; [email address] or [email address], or [email address]. (mydomain= your actual domain name).

I say this for one reason. If you don't mind losing the emails, you can just set up the new email with a completely different name, but set it up as a catch all as well. So even if someone were to send you an email to your original email address, it would arrive the same, and be pushed to your blackberry the same.

I love this feature, because when I sign up for a forum, or some website I'm not quite sure I want to have my address, I just put "their name"@mydomain.net, and if I start getting spam going to "their name"@mydomain.net, then I know who the culprit was and I can address the issue directly.

So in reality, I have infinite email addresses this way, all going to the one inbox. All from one account.

This allows you to create a new account, but keep using your old email address.

Most importantly, though, follow the steps closely, especially the pulling the battery from the blackberry and I think you may have better luck.

Last edited by tarheel23; 03-26-2008 at 01:19 PM..
Old 03-26-2008, 06:19 PM   #63
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHA View Post
Just a quick report back on my "fix" from this morning.

It seems to have fixed the problem and I'm getting emails in less than 2 mins on the BB. BUT! One email showed up in my GoDaddy webmail account which was NOT sent to my BB.. that is a bit worrisome.

For those of you using POP3 vs. IMAP, what is the difference with the sync process?

My understanding was that IMAP provided:
-2-way sync of inbox (email deleted on BB is deleted in Inbox)
-deleted items moved to "Trash" folder
-Sent emails go into "Sent" folder

...and POP3 provides:
-1 way sync of inbox (Mail flows to BB but if it has been read, it still shows as new on BB)
-deleted items don't go into trash, they just get deleted from BB only. You still have to delete them from your inbox
-Sent emails do not go into Sent folder in webmail. There is no record of sent items other than on the BB.

Is this correct? I have to keep copies of all of my sent items, so POP3 likely won't work for me.... :(
Just to clarify, IMAP on Godaddy is just like Gmail on the BIS:
- 1-way sync (read on BB shows read on Inbox; however read on Inbox does not update BB like Yahoo does)
- deleted items on BB & Mailbox moves to Trash on Godaddy; deleted items from web interface eventually updates the BB (~1 to 2 hours)
- sent items on BB are stored in Sent folder on Godaddy
Old 03-26-2008, 06:51 PM   #64
jaxcoder

Wow! hats off to you guys.. I am glad I stumbled across this forum googling.

Emptied the Inbox,SentItems,Drafts,Bulk,Trash,SendLater folders (On my first attempt I did only Inbox which didnt seem to work or may be i hurried things with my BB). Then went into my 8130 and deleted my GD email account (only in BB). After 10 minute wait, added GD email account back in my pearl, and voila, new emails started appearing..

Thanks again!
Old 03-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #65
monkeyfez

Model: a few
PIN: Uniball Fine point (black)
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxcoder View Post
Wow! hats off to you guys.. I am glad I stumbled across this forum googling.

Emptied the Inbox,SentItems,Drafts,Bulk,Trash,SendLater folders (On my first attempt I did only Inbox which didnt seem to work or may be i hurried things with my BB). Then went into my 8130 and deleted my GD email account (only in BB). After 10 minute wait, added GD email account back in my pearl, and voila, new emails started appearing..

Thanks again!
Glad it worked for you! It was driving me crazy 'til i found whsbuss post and the fix. OH and welcome to the forums. It's a great place filled with really great stuff.

BES admin
No really use the search button.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:01 PM   #66
exciter

Model: 8820

First I deleted all the email in my GoDaddy webmail inbox and moved important ones to the appropriate custom folders. Yahoo! offers a feature to add other email accounts. I added my GoDaddy account and created all the same folders. I imported copies of all of the 1000+ emails I have at GoDaddy into Yahoo. That process took me about an hour. I then deleted my GoDaddy acct from BIS. I pulled the battery from my BB. I deleted my email address in the "Email Control Center" in my GoDaddy acct. About a minute later I refreshed the screen and my acct was gone. I recreated it which took about another minute. I logged into my GoDaddy acct and surprisingly all my emails were still there. I added the acct again in BIS. Put the battery back in my BB and waited 10 minutes to send a test email. I received the email in seconds. It has now been over 24 hrs and I have not missed a single email and most arrive in 6 seconds. THANK YOU JSanders, tarheel23, whsbuss and johndoughto

Last edited by exciter; 03-27-2008 at 04:26 PM..
Old 03-28-2008, 04:02 AM   #67
ablickle

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have had problems with both my Blackberry and my Godaddy webmail since they upgrade the web mail to version 4.12.29 last week. The new message indicator did not show the correct number of new messages, (6 new messages in mailbox, message indicator showed 3). This seemed to affect email getting pushed to the Blackberry. When I got a new message, an older unread message would get pushed to the Blackberry. I emailed their support and got a response that they were aware of the issue. I saw that they released a new version of webmail today (4.12.30), so it might be fixed now. I just had my Blackberry reprovisioned for BES, so I can't test it ...
Old 03-30-2008, 03:38 AM   #68
thaKing
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t

found this thread yesterday and it got me thinking about my email...i set up my godaddy email to be sent to my bb when i first got it last year...i never thought anything about it, until this thread ...

my email was never instantaneous...there has always been a 15 min delay...plus, after reading this thread and searching i've found plenty of articles that say that there is now a 2-way synch with godaddy and bb...the articles said that emails sent from bb would be saved in the sent folder with godaddy...this does not happen between my bb and my godaddy account...does this happen for anyone else? messages sent from your bb, are they in your sent folder in godaddy as well?

here's godaddy's response when i asked about this:
Quote:
Thank you for contacting Online Support. I understand that you may have some questions about the synchronization of your blackberry with our webmail interface. Please note that messages sent from the blackberry will appear to come from your webmail account however they will not be stored in the sent folder. A message will only be stored in the sent folder if it is sent directly from the webmail interface. This applies to any email client that a customer may use. This is generally because the email client will store any messages within it's own interface.
just to clarify...if i want "instantaneous" emails, i do the following:
Quote:
4. I waited about 10 minutes (probably could wait less) then recreate the email account.
8. Power up.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:53 AM   #69
exciter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaKing View Post
found this thread yesterday and it got me thinking about my email...i set up my godaddy email to be sent to my bb when i first got it last year...i never thought anything about it, until this thread ...

my email was never instantaneous...there has always been a 15 min delay...plus, after reading this thread and searching i've found plenty of articles that say that there is now a 2-way synch with godaddy and bb...the articles said that emails sent from bb would be saved in the sent folder with godaddy...this does not happen between my bb and my godaddy account...does this happen for anyone else? messages sent from your bb, are they in your sent folder in godaddy as well?

here's godaddy's response when i asked about this:

just to clarify...if i want "instantaneous" emails, i do the following:

8. Power up.
Yes, that is what you do. I didn't resend service books but I basically did the same thing and it works. Just make sure to completely empty your inbox on your Godaddy webmail. In fact, some people had luck just emptying their inbox, deleting the acct in BIS, pulling the battery, adding the acct in BIS, put the battery back in, power on, wait 10-20 minutes and send yourself a test email. Let us know what happens. Also, don't pay any attention to the folks at GoDaddy. They have no clue what they are talking about when it comes to BB.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:57 AM   #70
thaKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by exciter View Post
Yes, that is what you do. I didn't resend service books but I basically did the same thing and it works. Just make sure to completely empty your inbox on your Godaddy webmail. In fact, some people had luck just emptying their inbox, deleting the acct in BIS, pulling the battery, adding the acct in BIS, put the battery back in, power on, wait 10-20 minutes and send yourself a test email. Let us know what happens. Also, don't pay any attention to the folks at GoDaddy. They have no clue what they are talking about when it comes to BB.
ok, i'll try that...

if you send from your bb does it show up in your sent folder when you log into godaddy's webmail?
Old 03-30-2008, 04:00 AM   #71
exciter

Quote:
ok, i'll try that...

if you send from your bb does it show up in your sent folder when you log into godaddy's webmail?
Absolutely it does! It is great. Also if you delete the email on your BB, it goes right into the trash on your webmail too.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:01 AM   #72
thaKing

hhmmm...i'll definitely need to try this then...right now if i delete on bb it purges in godaddy...
Old 03-30-2008, 04:03 AM   #73
exciter

Quote:
hhmmm...i'll definitely need to try this then...right now if i delete on bb it purges in godaddy...
Yes, it used to do that for me too. Not any more.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:08 PM   #74
tarheel23

Quote:
ok, i'll try that...

thaKing,

How did it work out for you? Just curious to see if you had a chance to work through this yet and if it changed anything for you.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:02 PM   #75
John Gabrikh

Its the lowest service, allows to send out 250 emails a day, each email is considered a "Relay SMTP sent email". Once you go past that, well you can’t send out email again until it resets sometime in the evening.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:09 PM   #76
thaKing

tarheel23: here's where I stand...did everything last nite, however not all my emails came in - I think that's due to the 250 relay limit (I moved all my "temp inbox" messages back to inbox and they ALL go delivered to my bb...

It looks like they are coming through at the normal 15 min delay, but I'll keep testing...plus, when I send from bb they are not showing up in "sent" folder...

I'm not sure it fixed it or not...I may try again tonight when I get home from work...
Old 03-31-2008, 04:23 PM   #77
thaKing

Wirelessly posted

Ok, I know for sure it's not delivering properly now...I got an email at 1110am which has failed to arrive on my bb (1224pm)
Old 03-31-2008, 05:19 PM   #78
tarheel23

What method are you using to setup your email in BIS?
Old 03-31-2008, 05:43 PM   #79
thaKing

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel23
What method are you using to setup your email in BIS?
From pc I select setup new acct...enter my info...synch deleted items, pop.secureseerver.net, pop3 port 995, ssl...

Is there another way, or a better way?
Old 03-31-2008, 06:07 PM   #80
tarheel23

Quote:
Wirelessly posted

From pc I select setup new acct...enter my info...synch deleted items, pop.secureseerver.net, pop3 port 995, ssl...

Is there another way, or a better way?

Yes. All of your issues are because you are using the Pop3 setup instead of IMAP.

Delete the account again from BIS. Add the account from your phone. You should only have to enter your email address and password. That's it and nothing else. No need to enter all the other info you have listed. It should default to IMAP setup, but if you have issues with it, let me know.
Closed Thread