Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
mikeh98

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Data lost in RecordStore

Please Login to Remove!

I have a J2ME application running on the BlackBerry that uses the RecordStore API to store binary data in records where each record is 512 bytes long. I have an issue where the data in the records is being wiped and replaced with all zeroes. In the most recent reported example the RecordStore contained 28 records for a total of 14436 bytes of data. When the application started and opened the RecordStore the record count was still 28 and each of the records was still 512 bytes in size but all the bytes were zeroed.

If it was just corruption of one or two records I'd assume it is a bug in my app or perhaps some kind of power loss event, but I don't see how all the data can be erased. Does anyone know of a scenario in which this will occur as well as some techniques to mitigate it? I'm thinking of using shadow pages in an parallel record store but that is wasteful on a resource constrained device.

Thanks,
Mike
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off