Old 08-27-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
cakuna
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Post Update Help??? Please!

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, sorry this may be a pathetic plea to some of you but I'm still somewhat bb illiterate and I'm having the most frustrating issues right now.

As of yesterday I tried updating to 4.6.0.297 directly from my bbbold device. That did not go so well. First I got a message saying I don't have enough space? I checked and according to my device I did. Regardless, I tried to clear up some more room by deleting a few things, thinking I could always redownload them after. Ok, so that worked out alright. Got to the point where I could start the download, except it never got past 2%.
So, then I thought ok I'll just download it to my computer and use the desktop manager to add it to my phone. Upon doing this I found out my desktop manager software needed updating too. Ok, no problem I thought. Well, I downloaded it and when asked to run the desktop manager software I got an error message saying I needed to choose an application to run it through. I assumed I would use the original desktop manager software, however, was not given that as an option in my program files.

At this point I am very frustrated seeing as neither my computer software or direct software for my phone itself is updated.
I have no clue what to do from here. Please, help.

Also, one more quick note. I still have the download icon (for the bb upgrade software) on my phone and I can't sleep to close out of it. It just stays put! What do I do?

Again, I'm sorry if this has been previously asked or just seems silly to the more advanced bb user. Please help.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #2
cakuna
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

I hope by saying this I don't jinx anything, but I think I've made some progress! I took out the battery and am trying to update directly from my phone, again. I've made it to 48& so I'm very hopeful.
Also, ended up completely uninstalling desktop manager and am working to get that up and running again.
Wish me luck.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
littleman
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: att

Wirelessly posted (bold 9000)

Hope it is going well. When you download the software to the pc you need to run the file and install it to the pc. Then you can open dm and plug in your phone and do the upgrade. There are posts that have the guide in it to give you full directions. Hope this helps.
Closed Thread