BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 12:50 PM   #61
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

And "the majority" of Tour users don't have problems. It's the same story with *every* new device. The Pearl, The Bold, The Javelin and now the Tour. "The majority of users" with Hardware problems. Class action lawsuits. Recalls. None of which materialized.

Don't get a brand new device (as was mentioned early in this thread). All the pioneers are dead on the prairie.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:34 PM   #62
Mthr1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Agreed.

I have NEVER had an experience where I acquired a new model device and didn't have the headaches the first few months. It is what it is...part of the early adopter's experience. However, jumping into an experience such as that, one should have expectations set relatively low.

My Kyocera 7135 Palm phone, Blackberry 7290, Blackberry 8703, and Blackberry 8830...all had issues. Those are just the ones that I picked up within a very early window of release. (The 8830 was so bad, I returned to the 8703e and used it up until the purchase of the Tour...actually, the real reason was that I truly missed my thumbwheel and wasn't ready to fully embrace the trackball during my short stunt with the 8830). Hell, we can all recall the plethora of near catastrophic bugs that the iPhone had during it's release, both in the original version AND the 3G version.

The Tour is a great phone. I've had a lot of fun with it this week and it's trackball is even growing quickly on me. Give it time to get a fair shake, and I guarantee that once all the kinks are worked out...every Tour owner will LOVE it! Don't be swayed to heavily by the rash of problem threads. It's easy for users that have issues with their phones to feel inspired to post negative on forums. The "majority", who most remain silent, have many success stories to share, but just don't feel a reason to inspire themselves to do so.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:32 AM   #63
BerryMotion
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

wow, i've been hearing this alot!! i have had no issues with mine
Old 09-08-2009, 03:45 PM   #64
Nerfman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Trackball is a known issue.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:16 PM   #65
stevenmz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: verizon
Default 'Green Dot' Tour Looks Like The Ticket!

Just received my Tour on Sept 9th. Overall build seems great. Trackball, battery case, voice quality all working wonderfully. I'm sure there are some software, ie. application issues still occurring, but my experience the last three days with this wonderful device has been trouble free. The unit was manufactured in Mexico. It would probably be prudent to order from you carrier as opposed to picking up at you local store. The stores may still be thinning out earlier inventory, IMO. GO GREEN!!.....dot.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:40 PM   #66
Stale Pancake
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmz View Post
Just received my Tour on Sept 9th. Overall build seems great. Trackball, battery case, voice quality all working wonderfully. I'm sure there are some software, ie. application issues still occurring, but my experience the last three days with this wonderful device has been trouble free. The unit was manufactured in Mexico. It would probably be prudent to order from you carrier as opposed to picking up at you local store. The stores may still be thinning out earlier inventory, IMO. GO GREEN!!.....dot.
Mine was made in Mexico too. I've had it since it first released and its been fine.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:38 PM   #67
robkermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
This is a Sprint issue when you have the Simply Everything Plan, AFAIK.

Messages > Options > General Options > Email & SMS = Combined

A new theme will take care of this.

Give it a few days and you will be used to it.
YOU are my hero for the day.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:54 PM   #68
Joe1004
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Z10
PIN: t of ale anyone?
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj13 View Post
i thought the green dot was a refurb?
Green dots on both.

I had a dead pixel on the screen on Tour #1. Only other issues was the crap battery door fit. They sent a new one in retail box. No green dot because it was early.

The second device was great in every respect, but it had the trackball issue more than the first. I wasn't going to replace it until I noticed I had scuffed the shiny edge of the phone when I dropped it (oops. rubber case hadn't come yet), so I figure what the heck, I'll whine and get a new one.

I did and the third device came in refurbished style packaging, but I don't believe it was. (WAY too early for them to have them at that point) Plus, it came with a battery door, which never happened before. This was a "green dot" package. All is well.

Now I upgrade two employees from the Curve and their new units come in retail packaging (of course) with the green dot affixed there as well.

So, green dot is being applied to anything that has been checked over is some way by RIM and/or VZW and judged worthy.