Old 07-25-2009, 12:58 AM   #1
xion
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: 30bc04e7
Carrier: Sprint-Nextel
Angry Memory question...

Please Login to Remove!

Where did all my memory go? I have a specific set of applications and PIM info that I have transferred between multiple devices over the years. I have measured this data to take up approximately 64mb of flash RAM on the device. On the 8330 of the 96mb or flash ram it brought me down to about 32mb of avail flash ram. 25mb to 35mb seems to be the threshold on most Blackberries before we get large lags, extended hourglass and freezing issues. So I went to the 8350i that had 128mb of flash ram. True to the math i had about 64mb left over. My lag and freezes reduced dramatically. The 4.6.0.204 os ran smoothly. I upgraded to the Tour on July 17th which is stated to have 256mb flash, so I should have about 192mb of ram leaving plenty for the os 4.7.1.40. BUT instead i only have 73.1 mb, just barely more than the 8350i that has half the memory. I am experiancing lags with no hour glass, hour glass lags, OS freezes requiring batt pull and delays in sending bbm. I have removed demo video, reduced my standard data pack, disabled content compression and protection and done multiple battery pulls. I still can not get more than 83mb, but then it dropps back down to about 7f3mb. HELP. How do I get my 192mb of memory back?
Old 07-25-2009, 01:06 AM   #2
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Whoops, your profile still says 8350i but you are asking about the Tour. I'll move your post back to that forum, but please update your profile to prevent confusion.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:12 AM   #3
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Locking this one, I see you posted the same thing again. Please update your profile so we aren't confused.
Closed Thread