BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #1
sswyden
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: VZW
Default Missing home screen icon (phone)

Please Login to Remove!

I'm using Verizon Zen theme on my Tour, where the 6 icons go across the bottom in condensed mode (for lack of a better description). I moved my highest usage icons to the 1st 6 positions so they'd all show on the collapsed home screen: messages, phone, contacts, calendar, memo pad, browser. So here's the dilemna...

When the home screen is expanded, I see my 6 icones in the right order. When I collapse it to where it only shows the 6 across the bottom, it doesn't show the phone icon. slides the other ones over to the left, and includes the 7th icon as the 6th.

Anybody think of a good reason this happens or is it a bug? (I admit I didn't search for htis issues, so excuse me if it's already posted somewhere).
Old 07-12-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
adamsbrian74
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswyden View Post
I'm using Verizon Zen theme on my Tour, where the 6 icons go across the bottom in condensed mode (for lack of a better description). I moved my highest usage icons to the 1st 6 positions so they'd all show on the collapsed home screen: messages, phone, contacts, calendar, memo pad, browser. So here's the dilemna...

When the home screen is expanded, I see my 6 icones in the right order. When I collapse it to where it only shows the 6 across the bottom, it doesn't show the phone icon. slides the other ones over to the left, and includes the 7th icon as the 6th.

Anybody think of a good reason this happens or is it a bug? (I admit I didn't search for htis issues, so excuse me if it's already posted somewhere).

Probably because if you hit the Send key (Green Phone Key) it will put you in the Phone App by default.

Just a guess as I don't have mine yet (I pre-ordered and have to wait till Tuesday).
Old 07-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
sswyden
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: VZW

That'll work... but it sure seems unecessarily confusing that one view my contacts are one scroll over and the other view they're 2 scrolls over. "New feature" or bug? I hope it's just a bug.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #4
janeenadamsmartin
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A

I am using Precision Zen, instead of Verizon Zen, and it works appropriately. Haven't tried Verizon Zen because I'm too busy tweaking other things!
Old 07-26-2009, 10:48 AM   #5
kenneth keen

Model: 8100
Carrier: vodafon

I have searched the forum several times for "icons missing" or "icons gone" and find only this thread to show me how to have the home screen appear again with the icons. There are NONE on it now. This thread does not help either, incidently I can find no place to place a new post in this forum. Your help is very very much appreciated.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:54 AM   #6
janeenadamsmartin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Do you now have a new problem of NO icons, or still having the 7th replace the 6th on the collapsed home screen?
Old 07-26-2009, 11:25 AM   #7
ifilestuff
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
Carrier: verizon

I don't have a "Manage Connections" icon on one of my themes. When I had no service for an unknown reason I had to switch themes to get to the Manage Connections page.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:12 PM   #8
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth keen View Post
incidently I can find no place to place a new post in this forum. Your help is very very much appreciated.
Its that big blue button at the top left of the forum that says NEW THREAD on it

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Closed Thread