BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 04:22 PM   #1
TurtleShroom

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T Wireless, Inc.
Lightbulb Three Questions: (Desktop, Cursor, Wikia/Wikipedia)

Please Login to Remove!

Hello BlackBerry Forums Community!

I have three questions that need addressing from your expertise.

1. I upgraded to the newest Operating System a long time ago, and since then I have been unable to transfer anything to or from my Windows XP. Despite this, my phone is easily detected by th phone's transfer service, and it also syncronizes and backs up my phone per connection. My theory is that the Roxio Audio Manager's Blackberry Edition Media software that was included on the Desktop is at fault in this case. Is there an alternative program and/or remedy to this situation?

2. All Blackberries come with this miniature, grey cursor, at a 16 by 16 resolution, I presume. Is there someway to edit this cursor, or use.cur file from. Windows?

3. Upon asking this question, I hope I am not the only person with thia issue. When I edit Wikipedia, Wikia (a Wikipedia subsidary), my phone has a nasty habit of cutting senternces off right smack in the middle of typing, as well as my train of thought.

The third question, BY FAR is the most annoyoning is the third question, though the first one need attention more.

If anyone can assist me in these inquiries, it would be of great benefit.

Sincerely,
TurtleShroom

Jesus Loves You and Died for You!!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:15 AM   #2
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

1. if you use a memory card, you can add using windows in my computer.. if you are using the phone, i suggest using a media card as this will free up memory. but i do not believe that anything else can access the phone iteslf but teh MM.

2. the curser is embedded in the system software somewhere and to my knowledge is not editable AT THIS TIME.... give it time though.. im sure we'll be able to fool with it eventually....

3. i have the same problem with teh text input. you type and it just vanishes fromthe text box... it is stil there though.... if you click in the box and scholl to the right, the mouse will disappear and the problem should be fixed.
Closed Thread