BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 07:42 AM   #1
Grit0416

Model: 8300
Carrier: Verizon
Default Newbie about to buy BB with Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, I'm so thankful to find these forums! I'm a newbie considering the BB7250 or BB7750 with Verizon Wireless. I work at home with Outlook 2003 and no corporate affiliation. I need access to my Outlook calendar, contacts and email as well as mobile phone service from my phone/pda. The email is via comcast. Which model is best? And do I need to purchase extra bells and whistles with Verizon in order to make it all work? Thank you so much for help! grit0416 in Atlanta
Old 05-01-2005, 07:50 AM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

There is no comparison; the 7250 is a much better BlackBerry. Twice the memory, better backlighting and Bluetooth - and it is faster also.

You will need to get the BlackBerry Data Service plan with your account; that is the only way to get e-mail onto a BlackBerry.

The included Desltop Manager program will allow you to sync your contacts, calendar, notes and tasks (via the included USB cable). E-Mail can be handled using the "BlackBerry Internet Service" (previously known as the BlackBerry Web Client), which is at no additional charge. It will poll up to 10 POP3 e-mail accounts (Comcast) and forward the e-mail to your BB every 15 minutes. Of course it may be possible to directly forward your e-mail from Comcast to the BB (when you sign up for BIS you assign an e-mail address to the BB - something like [email address]).

There are several threads about good applications to purchase in addition to the included software.

Hope this gets your started!

Good luck!
Old 05-01-2005, 01:12 PM   #3
nextelnutt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100
Carrier: Nextel

I have a friend who sells Verizon and he just order one and the company that bought it does not need it, because they are ordering a Treo for one employee. If you are interested, I will find out what model it will be and when it will come in. It will be shortly. Also we have a lot of experience with setting up BBs with now BES Server attached so we can help get you rolling on that. I am using Mic Office 2003 right now and have that linked into my emails and my email being sent from my web client.

So we are here to help.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:21 PM   #4
Grit0416

Model: 8300

Thanks to you both for your help! Yes, I would be interested in the phone, however, I may have to buy one this week to try it out in the area to which I am traveling. grit
Old 05-02-2005, 02:03 AM   #5
nextelnutt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100
Carrier: Nextel
Default I will find out tomorrow...

Worst comes to worse, make sure you find out about any trial time Verizon may have. I am not for sure what it is and will find that out as well.

Thanks.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:07 AM   #6
poncharello
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7250

just my .02, but I do not know how I lived without the 7250. I too am a new user (about a week) and so far I could not be more pleased. If the stability of the device holds up, I will be thrilled. At first, I was scepticle because I have been a palm user for so long, and the interface appeared to be superior to the bb. After reading other posts in this forum, I have found all of the necessary sotware to make the bb even better than the palm. the only thing I am looking for is a photo viewer. good luck.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:16 PM   #7
airwavenow

Model: 8793e

I raelly like my new 7250 as well. One issue I'm having is getting all my emails. I'm using web client and some emails come over and others do not.???
I'm being told that I need to purchase a BES service???
Closed Thread