Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 01:01 PM   #1
Valorum

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: none
Question App permissions?

Please Login to Remove!

My BB Curve 8310 seems to be having some application permission configuration issue. When starting some of the applications, it asks me permission.

For example, the Google Mail app : When i start it, it says "You are attempting to open a secure connection, but the server's certificate is not trusted." It gives me the options to Continue, Close connection, View certificate or Trust certificate.

When i select Trust certificate, it sometimes asks me for the password to my Key Store. I finally found out that that is the same password i used to lock my BB, so i entered that.

next, sometimes it tells me that "the following application is requesting access to your Handheld Key Store" and lists the info about the application, along with an OK or Cancel button. I click OK.

Next always it tells me that "the following application is requesting access to your Trusted Key Store" and lists the info about the application, along with an OK or Cancel button. I click OK.

Then i get an error message that says: "Network Error net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessExceptio n: Cause unknown" with an OK button. When i click the OK button, the message goes away, and then nothing else happens.

I have gone into the application permissions, and set everything to "Allow" for the Mail by Google app. This does not fix the problem however. I am a little puzzled by that. I would think that the prompts about wanting to access my key store are caused by the google mail app not having permissions, but i set it all to "allow" and it still prompts me. Am i missing something here?

With Opera Mini, i have a somewhat similar problem: When i try to go to a website, it gives me a message that says "The application Opera Mini has attempted to access a low-level network connection. Would you like to allow this?" There's a Yes and No button. When i click the Yes button, everything proceeds as normal.

I did a battery pull, but that did not fix either issue. I resent the Service Books through the BIS site, but that did not fix it either.

Also something maybe worth mentioning: At one point, as i was downloading and installing a few apps, the BB told me that permissions were now more restricted and that it needed to reset itself. I do not know why settings had changed, or which settings it's talking about. It may have been a result of installing some app, but i do not know for sure. I seem to remember installing one app and it asking for all these permissions and i cancelled out of the dialog instead of saving (allowing) the changes. I do not know if this has something to do with all this? Maybe my default settings got changed by accident from what they are out of the box?
Old 06-07-2008, 05:36 PM   #2
flash24
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted

Whenever that appears, just select yes.

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 06-07-2008, 11:38 PM   #3
Whoooooo-Kid
Thumbs Must Hurt