BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 05:45 PM   #1
gurok

Model: BBC
Default Blackberry Internet Service

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I use my service providers branded internet service from blackberry to read 3 IMAP mailboxes and all seems well. I had assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that when I docked my device (an M3100 running bbc client) all activity would stop. What I experience is that the device stops consuming messages but the berry service continues to access my mailboxes thus creating lock file issues. Specifically Outlook times out every time the BB backend works its magic.

Is there anyway to stop the imap access while docked or do I really have to delete the accounts each time I want to use my desktop machine.

Anyones prompt attention to this email is greatly appreciated.

G
Old 10-23-2006, 05:53 PM   #2
koleary19067
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

Does the docking program have any setting for this. I dont think that there are any settings in the BB that can be changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurok
Hi,

I use my service providers branded internet service from blackberry to read 3 IMAP mailboxes and all seems well. I had assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that when I docked my device (an M3100 running bbc client) all activity would stop. What I experience is that the device stops consuming messages but the berry service continues to access my mailboxes thus creating lock file issues. Specifically Outlook times out every time the BB backend works its magic.

Is there anyway to stop the imap access while docked or do I really have to delete the accounts each time I want to use my desktop machine.

G
Old 10-23-2006, 06:18 PM   #3
gurok

Quote:
Originally Posted by koleary19067
Does the docking program have any setting for this. I dont think that there are any settings in the BB that can be changed.
THe client on the pocket pc automagically suspends when connected to a host PC. It resumes as soon as I pull out the USB cable. I have searched for settings and found nothing about the server side of the solution and suspending/resuming this.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:23 AM   #4
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurok
Hi,

G
Doesn't matter who the carier is. RIM provides all BIS services from their server farm. I had the same isues with the BIS on IMAP (at times). When it accesses the IMAP account I would lose the Outlook IMAP connection.

I am unaware of any handshake between the BIS and your device when plugged into the cradle to disable BIS polling.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:40 AM   #5
gurok

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
Doesn't matter who the carier is. RIM provides all BIS services from their server farm. I had the same isues with the BIS on IMAP (at times). When it accesses the IMAP account I would lose the Outlook IMAP connection.

I am unaware of any handshake between the BIS and your device when plugged into the cradle to disable BIS polling.
Jeesh...I figured that the whole blackberry pitch was mobile push and coexistence with existing mail/messaging infrastructure.

Its frustrating that this is not the case. Even if it were a switch on the web page (enable/disable) that would be somthing.

Anyone from Blackberry dev team read these posts ?

G
Old 10-30-2006, 06:00 PM   #6
chevyca310

Model: 7100t
Cool internet

hello.... is there any way that i can get free internet on my blackberry ??..... i dont really use it so it wouldnt be worth the $50 dollars that nextel will charge me....let me know please........thanks
Old 10-30-2006, 06:02 PM   #7
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyca310
hello.... is there any way that i can get free internet on my blackberry ??..... i dont really use it so it wouldnt be worth the $50 dollars that nextel will charge me....let me know please........thanks
Nope; sorry. You have to pay to play. No warez here, either.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:09 PM   #8
chevyca310

ok cool thanks
Old 10-30-2006, 06:11 PM   #9
chevyca310

is there anyway how i can connect my phone to my computer to transfer some pictures using my bluetooth ?
Old 10-30-2006, 06:15 PM   #10
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Only if you have a Pearl/8100.
Closed Thread