Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #41
turn_key
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330m
PIN: G PAL4 Putter
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

My samsung upstage was the worst for me. The front screen is too small to be used effectively for anything but looking at a single phone number, and forget about text messaging; regular key pad on the front and could never figure out how to enter text from the back.

The mp3 player side worked except the damn touch pad was sensitive and if you didn't touch it in the right spot it would go back to the main menu and cancel everything you were doing. Browsing was near impossible. Text had to be entered in the front screen then flipped to the other side, and accidentally touching the pad cancelled everything

The battery life sucked and was not user replaceable. If I forgot to charge it during the night, I got through about a half hour before it died the next day. Samsung gives a battery pouch that added hours of talk time but it kind of defeated the purpose of having a phone that small, and if the battery was dead the external battery didn't charge the phone anyway.

The only good things I can say about it was the size, a little bigger than the ipod nano, I could always keep it in my pocket. It was a good mp3 player also except the proprietary plug; the adapter added another 2 feet to my ear buds.

A dishonorable mention for my wife's razr as well. She had the same problems as mentioned above.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:17 PM   #42
DacyJ
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9000
PIN: g Bomb!
Carrier: The Newest AT&T

Wirelessly posted (supercalifragilisticexpialidoc)

I would honestly have to say my Bold, I hate how awesome it is, the kick ass screen, wifi, email and all the other cool crap this P.O.S does, I don't know why anyone would ever want one of these. PM me and ill give you my address so you can send me your Bolds ill take that junk off your hands free of charge!

No just joshing, prolly my att tilt, it was junk.

Last edited by DacyJ; 01-19-2009 at 08:20 PM..
Old 01-19-2009, 08:22 PM   #43
SeanK89
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 25618CB9
Carrier: Vodafone UK

for me, its either the Siemens c350 or the Phillips "Savvy"
Old 02-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #44
koki
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: BIG RED

the original sidekick with the grey screen(what was i thinking) and the moto V710 the phone just never worked and then anything with winMo
Old 02-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #45
Lucius J. Belmont

Model: 8130
PIN: 31DD93AO
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

I didn't own it per se, but a job I had saddled us with Nextel walkie-talkie phones on belt clips, had to be available day and night. It was big and heavy and startling, like wearing a monkey on your hip that sometimes chattered at you when you were sleeping or doing other things, and I can't count how many times I whanged it into something because it was so huge and stuck out so far from my waist. It didn't do anything except be a poor-quality phone and annoy the crap out of me, but I still had to carry it everywhere. At least these days if a job staples a BES to you it's a little better than this monstrosity.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:23 AM   #46
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

This is going to sound bizarre...but the worst phone I have ever used is probably the BlackBerry 8100 Pearl. I know I'll get flamed for that...since there are tons of very happy Pearl users, and maybe my experience was a fluke...but I promise, if the Pearl had been the only BlackBerry ever made, I would not be on this forum using a BlackBerry today. Weird, but true.

I went from my then favorite phone (SE w810i) to the Pearl, and after an evening of dropped calls, poor reception, awful call quality and loud "skronk, skronk" of the trackball...not to mention the weirdness of the SureType keypad that I could never figure out...I rushed to my then-Cingular store the next morning to return the Pearl for another w810i. I couldn't wait...

I'm glad my first experience didn't deter me from giving BlackBerry another chance. I'm hooked now...and having played with several Pearls since then, I know I must have gotten a rotten handset or something, but I didn't know any better.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #47
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

Model: Z10
PIN: SEEKRIT innit
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
... loud "skronk, skronk" of the trackball...
Actual real LOL at that. I've had a few devices that made the sound you described.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:11 AM   #48
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
This is going to sound bizarre...but the worst phone I have ever used is probably the BlackBerry 8100 Pearl. I know I'll get flamed for that...since there are tons of very happy Pearl users, and maybe my experience was a fluke...but I promise, if the Pearl had been the only BlackBerry ever made, I would not be on this forum using a BlackBerry today. Weird, but true.

I went from my then favorite phone (SE w810i) to the Pearl, and after an evening of dropped calls, poor reception, awful call quality and loud "skronk, skronk" of the trackball...not to mention the weirdness of the SureType keypad that I could never figure out...I rushed to my then-Cingular store the next morning to return the Pearl for another w810i. I couldn't wait...

I'm glad my first experience didn't deter me from giving BlackBerry another chance. I'm hooked now...and having played with several Pearls since then, I know I must have gotten a rotten handset or something, but I didn't know any better.
its got to hear u kept with it.

the pearl does get mixed reviews b/c of the keypad, but blackberry as a whole is the best phone u can find.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:30 PM   #49
.Shaun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

a razr.. worst choice i've ever made..
Old 02-19-2009, 04:40 PM   #50
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

I liked my razr when it worked. To bad phone guy here always bought refurbs and mine never worked for long.

I like my BlackJack.
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:06 PM   #51
Meecht

Model: 8320
Carrier: AT&T

My current phone, a Pantech Duo.

Sound's muffled and keys don't like to register the fact that I press them, both the keyboard and the dialpad.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:47 PM   #52
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

i had a RAZR once. it made me mad. i chucked it at the wall. Moto replaced it under warentee. i said i "dropped it out of the car". i sold it after i got the replacement
Old 02-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #53
bembol

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers

I only had a few but the Motorola RAZR V3c is the worst.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #54
Doball

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

The worst phone I ever had was the one I just replaced. The VX6700. Verizon Windows mobile. Always crashed, s...l....o.......w, and the touch screen always butt dialed. But I love my BB (even thought I'm still trying to figure out the settings)
Old 02-22-2009, 08:27 PM   #55
erkzh

Model: 8310
Carrier: T-mobile

those old nokias.. not stylish but dang were they durable. my worst would have to be a nokia 1260 tho. no features at alll. didnt even call well.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:47 AM   #56
inosaris

Carrier: ATT

I've liked all my phones. Snake on the old nokias = best game ever. Plus you could punt it across a parking lot and still work just fine
Old 02-28-2009, 04:05 PM   #57
rachel308
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130

I had some pieces at the beginning, but they weren't disappointing at the time, like the Qualcomms and the first generation Sanyos...At the time they worked as good as anything out, we just didn't knowwhat was coming!

My worst phone was my first BB: 7100t on IDEN...That made me swear off BBs for a LONG time! I was surprised when I tried the Pearl (of believe me- I made VERY sure there was an option to return!)

RIM has come a long way in a few years though, the new generations of BBs are very good, and I love my pearl. I suppose I'll upgrade to a curve or something when it dies, but for now I'm more than satisifed. And my husband would never have owned a "smartphone", but I don't think he could live without his curve now...
Old 03-01-2009, 08:35 AM   #58
GnuHouse

Model: 8900
Carrier: Rogers

Either my old Samsung flip (can't remember the model number) or my Nokia 6265i on Telus will take it. The Samsung flip would consistently miss calls and put them straight into voicemail. No rhyme nor reason, sometimes it would sit there with full bars and then I would see my little message indicator light come on.

The 6265i started off good, but then I started to get the dreaded white screen of death. Thing would get caught in a loop when it booted, pretty much bricking the phone. I would have to go through about 15 minutes of entering in a five digit code to get the thing to reset and then come back to life in order to use it.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:51 PM   #59
IronBloodUS

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Hmm, as far as old phones I'd say most Kyocera's are giants pieces of poo.

Newer phones, I haven't much troubel really..just small things that bug me.

Example..

I really don't like Windows Mobile in general, so I wasn't a fan of my Shadow.

The OS on my Motorola Rokr E8 was super laggy. I stuck with it for half a year thought because the jog wheel was awesome and the disappearing keypad was fun to show off and mess with.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:55 PM   #60
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?

The worst phone I've ever owned was my Moto KRZR K1m. That this was so buggy and lagged so bad. I don't think I'll ever recommend a Motorola to anyone after that nightmare.
Closed Thread