BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
zigzag03

Model: 8350
PIN: N/A
Carrier: nextel
Thumbs down I don't get the music sync...

Please Login to Remove!

so, 8350i nextel with a 4 gig card that is recognized. current os. i managed to get some music onto the thing back when it had the original 1 gig card, and i have since then updated and organized and properly renamed many of the tracks. of course i added (thru usb mode, directly), many more tracks, and when i ran out of room i got the 4 gig card, and i think, must have done a restore from the fresh backup i ran before making the swap. anyway, even tho on my computer all the titles etc are updated and edited, i can never get those edits to show up on my bb. i get these msgs about discovered music, and i see a playlist called discovered music on desktop manager, but i don't know really what to do with it. what i would truely like to do is dump the whole thing and set up a proper sync list somewhere, dm or wmp perhaps, but i don't see a way to delete all music and start over. and when i look at the music on the 4 gig card, the entire directory structure is there but there are no songs in them execpt ones i've specifically copied to the card in usb mode. it really makes no sense to me and i wonder if someone can offer some help or point me to a good tutorial. thanks.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
zigzag03

Model: 8350
PIN: N/A
Carrier: nextel
Default Re: I don't get the music sync...

no answers on this one after a couple weeks, maybe i'm the only one with an issue. what i don't understand is why the data card looks different if i read it while its in the blackberry as opposed to pulling it out and reading it in a card reader. or indeed if i copy my music directory to my hard drive in usb mode there is much more on the drive than shows if i look at it while in the phone. for instance, the computer shows a "music sync" directory as a sub of "music" and its in that folder that the music resides.

i have a song, artie shaw begin the beguine. and as you can see i am lazy about caps and had recorded it originally in lower case as you see above. on my computer i have since changed it to "Begin the Beguine" and resynced and i get no change. So i dragged and dropped it directly into the directory, got off the usb wire and went and looked. now i have the same sone twice, both in lower case. clearly there is something i'm not getting and i'd sure like some advice, thanks to all zz03
Old 02-13-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: I don't get the music sync...

I can't explain the media sync to you. My advice is I think your life would be simpler if for now you do housekeeping on the media card manually and manually copy/move files to the BlackBerry from the computer using the BlackBerry in mass storage mode.