dhwibowo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Asking for permission to survey the forum

Please Login to Remove!

Dear administrators,

My name is Dion. I am a graduate student in the Department of Information Science at Iowa State University. I would like to ask if I can send a survey to this forum to take part in my research project. The survey purpose is to capture several variables that Blackberry users might have such as brand passion, brand knowledge, brand trust, brand identification, and etc. Those variables would result to decisions on what generates willingness to participate of brand community members and what kind of brand community members are willing to engage in product development activities.

I would be happy to send the sample of my survey to be reviewed by the forum administrator beforehand. Please kindly let me know if there such format that I should use to deliver the survey. I apologize if it is inappropriate to post something like this in this thread. I would be grateful if I can talk with any moderators privately. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Dion W.
Department of Information Science
Iowa State University
Old 06-09-2009, 06:29 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Welcome to the BBForums.

You won't be offered a list of the members and their addresses. That won't be happening.

You can post your survey here in the forum and ask users to email you their responses, I would suggest posting it in the OffTopic section of the forum.

Or you can create a website with the questionnaire and invite users to your site to participate.

Good luck.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:29 AM   #3
VIOLATOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD
PIN: Pulled - 1, 2, 3 run!
Carrier: AT&T

I can't speak for the mods, but i know I have seen a few surveys on here before. I respect and appreciate the professionalism displayed by introducing yourself and asking first.

David

Twitter
Old 06-09-2009, 06:34 AM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Agreed.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:58 AM   #5
dhwibowo

Thank you for giving me such opportunity. The survey tool I am going to use is via website, such as Surveymonkey.com. I believe it is easier for users to access it and the results will be automatically sent to my e-mail.

Before I proceed to further steps, I would like to ask several questions related to this forum. These questions will help me to determine the questionnaire with more precise variables.
1. Is this forum sponsored by Blackberry company?
2. Are the moderators employed by Blackberry company?
3. Is there any activities that reward users for frequently helping others' issues?
I am also hoping if I can send a survey to moderators as well. Should I be following the same way as JSanders has said before?
Thank you.

Sincerely,

Dion W.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:34 AM   #6
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

1. No, not sponsored by RIM, only third party service and accessory manufacturers.
2. Nope
3. No rewards, just good feelings.

If it is a worthwhile survey, I am sure most of the moderators will participate.

Good luck!
Old 06-12-2009, 05:19 AM   #7
dhwibowo

After a whole day of analyzing this forum, I found this community is very interesting. I would like to ask few questions again, but if it is bugging you, please kindly let me know.
The questions are:
1. Why do the moderators do their job without an official title and direct benefits? (I apologize if I am wrong with that assumption, please correct me if necessary)
2. How do these third party companies and this forum work together?

Sincerely,

Dion W.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:46 AM   #8
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhwibowo View Post
1. Why do the moderators do their job without an official title and direct benefits? (I apologize if I am wrong with that assumption, please correct me if necessary)
All of the moderators are volunteers who enjoy helping others (like so many of the members). They do occasionally receive various 'perks' such as free software licenses, swag, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhwibowo View Post
2. How do these third party companies and this forum work together?
The 3rd party companies I believe JSanders referred to are the sponsors of the forum. They pay a sponsorship fee to the site owner and in return they receive advertising on the form (i.e., the banner in the top right corner of the screen).
Old 06-12-2009, 06:54 AM   #9
CoDudette
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iOS
PIN: OT Noir.
Carrier: Vodafone IN

you're very polite. when i moderated a forum, i got verbally thrashed for trying to find out about a person PMing people for responses to some not very nice questions. it's such a refreshing change to have someone really be so polite.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:45 PM   #10
dhwibowo

Sorry for the late response, but thank you for all the helps.
I had to wait an approval from my university to start sending the survey, so that's why it took a while.
Anyway, it seems that I need to have at least 10 posts in order to put survey links in my post. But I think I can work on that since I am also interested to join the discussion in this forum.

Dion W.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:32 PM   #11
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Dion, when you get ready, post the survey, and we may move it to a section of the forum more appropriate.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:43 AM   #12
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
1. No, not sponsored by RIM, only third party service and accessory manufacturers.
2. Nope
3. No rewards, just good feelings.

If it is a worthwhile survey, I am sure most of the moderators will participate.

Good luck!
I deal with these issues are on everyday basis. Normally, depending on the scope, the person needs Institutional Review Board approval from institution who wont grant person unless you (BBF approves it) For a class, there is still usually a form letter on university letterhead.

To some users, my response to you may seem silly but from your post, I think we are on the same page.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 08-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #13
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIOLATOR View Post
I can't speak for the mods, but i know I have seen a few surveys on here before. I respect and appreciate the professionalism displayed by introducing yourself and asking first.

David
Agreed

LET'S GO CANES!
Closed Thread