jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zduchene View Post
Got the replacement on Wednesday...everything is fine so far. Came with .75 software. I think I will hold off upgrading until the next release comes out. I have installed GMail Mobile and Google Maps, we'll see how that goes.

Questions?
My latest replacement came with .75 on it, was built 12-12 .. And has been nothing short of fantastic!
Old 12-26-2008, 01:15 PM   #62
hudres
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: n/a
Carrier: verizon
Exclamation Link between Reboot and SIM Card Errror

I have detected a link between the reboot and SIM card problems. I removed my SIM card and have had no further reboots. 73...... See the thread:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...es-linked.html
Old 12-26-2008, 03:54 PM   #63
zduchene

PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
My latest replacement came with .75 on it, was built 12-12 .. And has been nothing short of fantastic!
How do you know the build date?
Old 12-26-2008, 07:34 PM   #64
matchu

Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zduchene View Post
How do you know the build date?
It's on the box sleeve.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #65
djice
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: Ask me.

yea mine rebooted a couple of times, still haven't figured out why. Also noticed that the storm will freeze at times for no reason and must force it to restart by removing battery. So far I've tolerated it due to the fact that its just the update. Hopefully when new firmware comes out will fix these bugs.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:21 AM   #66
xxxmerlinxxx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T

I picked mine up last weekend. It came with .75 and I upgraded to .85 right away. Phone has not restarted once since I owned. Though I have had it freeze on me a bunch of times. I noticed it usually freezes when i get a bbm and it auto dims the screen. It comes back up and i can see the conversation but i cant do anything. I have also had it freeze at the verizon screen right after boot up. Other then that its been working great. I think some more software updates and it will be solid.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #67
fs_osx

Carrier: Telus

My Storm has .85 and reboots when I take it out of its holster to answer a call.

Rebooting takes a loooong time.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:12 AM   #68
Tito948

Sometimes mine freezes and sometimes it reboots all on its own.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:30 AM   #69
RCPCornell
Thumbs Must Hurt

Try hudres's SIM card pull. So far it has worked for me.
http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...es-linked.html
Old 01-15-2009, 12:02 AM   #70
hudres

PIN: n/a
Lightbulb

@rcpcornell: Mine is still going strong. Zero reboots on new phone. Gald to hear yours is still working to. Now if I could just figure out why this works . . . .73
Old 02-13-2009, 06:10 PM   #71
Senu

Model: storm
Carrier: Bell Canada

Does anyone do long distance driving? Mine reboots between carriers. No problem once settled in one city etc.
Went back to Bell and a guy from RIM a sales rep was there and said to write him an email.. hopefully will be able to get some answers!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:31 PM   #72
2 Samuel 22

Model: 96xx
PIN: Firing
Carrier: Southern Bell, PrimeCo, Omnipoint, United Telecom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senu View Post
Does anyone do long distance driving? Mine reboots between carriers. No problem once settled in one city etc.
Went back to Bell and a guy from RIM a sales rep was there and said to write him an email.. hopefully will be able to get some answers!
I noticed when I would drive that my Storm would re-boot. Also, when I would lay it flat for a long period of time. This was with 4.7.0.75 and earlier. My suspicion is the reboot has to do with the accelerometer. Since .99 & .103 betas, I haven't experienced any reboots.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:03 PM   #73
jrmckins

Model: 8130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senu View Post
I put mine in my cupholder and it reboots withing a few minutes of driving (I drive 2 miles one way to get coffee every morning and it reboots during that trip). If I lay it flat on the seat it doesn't reboot. I'm running .75
Old 02-17-2009, 03:12 PM   #74
drakkenkorin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
I just had my first automatic reboot. I was in the middle of typing a text message, and then I saw something about a pin and it rebooted. When it all came back to life there was a text message from my daughter waiting for me. Has anyone else had a problem with the device rebooting while receiving a text as one types a text?
I'm having a similar problem - and it is always when I am texting and usually when I am pressing and holding the "!?123" key (to lock the numbers) - then it goes out.

It's been happening about once a week for the past 2 or 3 weeks so far.

If it doesn't reboot, I notice that it'll have all the apps open and I have to go in and close them one by one.

Its starting to get a little annoying.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:43 PM   #75
Daddy_J

Model: Storm

I took the advice and pulled my SIM card, and I haven't had any problems with my phone since!!! Thanks a million to whoever thought of this. The rebooting and freezing up were the last problems I had with my phone. I liked it before, but I love it now!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 10:10 AM   #76
drakkenkorin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Now when you say "pull the SIM card" do you mean pull and remove it, or just pull it out then insert it back in?

Thought I'd give it a try but I wasn't sure if you all were removing the SIM card permanently or just removing then re-inserting.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:18 PM   #77
mpafr012

Model: 8330
Carrier: VerizonWireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkenkorin View Post
Now when you say "pull the SIM card" do you mean pull and remove it, or just pull it out then insert it back in?

Thought I'd give it a try but I wasn't sure if you all were removing the SIM card permanently or just removing then re-inserting.
Storms on Verizon can remove the SIM as it is not used (CDMA) on T-Mo, AT&T Remove the SIM card and the phone will not work as they all use the SIM (GSM) for access to cellular system.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:29 AM   #78
djice
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: Ask me.
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 VII 7 View Post
I have had it reboot 3 times

1 when I was typing a txt
1 when I finished sending a txt
1 when the camera was on

thought I was the only one with these issues, i am running the .90 getting ready to revert back to .75 soon as I get my internet back up and running at home.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:56 PM   #79
chapina27

Unhappy does anyone's storm reboot on BBM?

the first storm i bought was awesome, but then i started having the reboot problems mainly, when i was on BBM. I just let it go, thinking "well i might be running too much stuff". So whenever i was on BBM i wouldn't be having anything else running and BAM! white screen saying "device error", black screen, red light, then a restart. One day it did it 4 times! uggh! so i called verizon and the lady helped me out doing a "master restart". It seemed to be working fine for 2 days, but then... once again, white screen saying "device error", black screen, red light, then a restart. So i called verizon again, they sent me a replacement phone (i think its new, or at least i want it to be!). I got it on friday and it was working fine until yesterday, sunday. i was once again on BBM and it reboots! this is getting annoying. I'll give this replacement another chance, i wont use BBM, plus i don't want to go through the hassle of getting another phone through the mail (and i don't want it to be refurbished!). so i'll see what happens with this replacement.
could it be the battery or memory card? or does it just need an update? (i'm running on .75) Because those are the only two things that were on my original phone that i transferred to this replacement. so sad! i really like this phone and i want it to work!
Old 03-30-2009, 03:17 PM   #80
Ambusticated

Model: none
Carrier: none
Default Random Reboot issues

I have been experiencing this issue, too. Verizon sent me a new Storm, and within an hour of activation -- it has randomly rebooted three times in its first 2 hours of use. No third party apps on it yet; only using it as a phone. Happened twice when pressing the unlock button on the top.

Verizon is sending another phone, saying "hopefully third time is the charm."

I've pulled the SIM out of the current phone and will see what happens until the 3rd and hopefully final phone shows up in two days.
Closed Thread